2022-2023 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is what you get when you send an email now
So... I might be overthinking things... but it seems like there's three ways of interpreting the deadline of "having all decisions made on or before feb 17th".

Option 1) Accepted students will get calls on Friday Feb 17th, and emails for waitlist/rejections will come Monday Feb 20th.
Explanation: Calls have historically been made on Fridays (except for that one time valentine's day was on friday, the call came wednesday I believe).​
Option 2) Accepted Students will get calls on Wednesday Feb 15th so that "Official decisions/Emails for waitlist and rejections" can be released by the "official deadline" of Friday Feb 17th
Explanation: If Feb 17th is the official deadline they are now announcing, then calls have to be before that day; historically, calls have been made several days in advance of the official emails​
Option 3) Accepted students will get calls on Friday Feb 10 and emails go out Monday feb 13th (or....calls go out Monday feb 13th and emails go out Wednesday Feb 15th
Explanation: Again, it's just that calls have historically gone out on Friday's and if the official results/emails are supposed to come out on or before feb 17th, there's only one friday left for calls to go out and let accepted students know "unofficially"​
***I know I'm being neurotic haha..but this helps pass time haha​

Members don't see this ad.

So... I might be overthinking things... but it seems like there's three ways of interpreting the deadline of "having all decisions made on or before feb 17th".

Option 1) Accepted students will get calls on Friday Feb 17th, and emails for waitlist/rejections will come Monday Feb 20th.
Explanation: Calls have historically been made on Fridays (except for that one time valentine's day was on friday, the call came wednesday I believe).​
Option 2) Accepted Students will get calls on Wednesday Feb 15th so that "Official decisions/Emails for waitlist and rejections" can be released by the "official deadline" of Friday Feb 17th
Explanation: If Feb 17th is the official deadline they are now announcing, then calls have to be before that day; historically, calls have been made several days in advance of the official emails​
Option 3) Accepted students will get calls on Friday Feb 10 and emails go out Monday feb 13th (or....calls go out Monday feb 13th and emails go out Wednesday Feb 15th
Explanation: Again, it's just that calls have historically gone out on Friday's and if the official results/emails are supposed to come out on or before feb 17th, there's only one friday left for calls to go out and let accepted students know "unofficially"​
***I know I'm being neurotic haha..but this helps pass time haha​
Lol I think it’s prob option 1, but idk

Reactions: 1 user
I know this may sound silly, but I’m terrified and anxiously waiting to hear back. My nerves have been so bad these past few weeks.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can't stop thinking about how bad I fumbled one of the stations here. Please rip the bandaid off Duke :(

Also anyone else scared by "by or before the 17th." Considering they've released A's a day or two before WL/Rs, could we be bamboozled by decisions on a Wednesday or Thursday...
I think MMIs tend to drop your highest and lowest station scores. Even if not, having like 10 stations dilutes down a single fumble. You got this in the bag

• Care
Most of my interviews were in Sept and Oct and I've been the playing the part of the patient grasshopper...I think I'd rather be eaten by beetles at this point. This timing of "end of Feb/early March" can't come soon enough. Waiting with you all and hoping for the best!!

• Care
MSTP A yesterday, late September interview!! Not sure how the timeline varies for regular MD.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Can Friday come already? Because I really wanna know what the decision is. But also, can Friday not come? Because I’m really scared lol

Reactions: 4 users
Everyday this week, the first thing I've done is check this thread to see if anyone's gotten any calls haha

Just 2 mornings left lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard a rumor that we could get information on Thursday. Seems incredibly unlikely, but I can hope. Either way, I’m not going to sleep for the next two nights 🫣

I heard a rumor that we could get information on Thursday. Seems incredibly unlikely, but I can hope. Either way, I’m not going to sleep for the next two nights 🫣
I think that's possible haha, if the "official emails" are going out friday, calls could go out tmrw

my two cents are that tomorrow is definitely possible considering they never release A's and R/WL on the same day...so if all decisions are in fact going to be in by the 17th then....

my two cents are that tomorrow is definitely possible considering they never release A's and R/WL on the same day...so if all decisions are in fact going to be in by the 17th then....

Wasn't the language used "all decisions will be made on or before feb 17th". So they could make the final decisions and call people Friday but just not send emails until Monday. Since this is also what they have done historically, unless this Thursday rumor has a legitimate source, I think it makes the most sense that we expect Friday.

Edit: I know this is all just meaningless neurotic speculation, but taking this seriously helps burn some time and give me the illusion that I have any idea what is going to happen next haha

Wasn't the language used "all decisions will be made on or before feb 17th". So they could make the final decisions and call people Friday but just not send emails until Monday. Since this is also what they have done historically, unless this Thursday rumor has a legitimate source, I think it makes the most sense that we expect Friday.

Edit: I know this is all just meaningless neurotic speculation, but taking this seriously helps burn some time and give me the illusion that I have any idea what is going to happen next haha
Honestly, you're probably right. I had interpreted that quote by saying decisions will be released on or before feb 17th. But it does say that just "decisions will be made...." lol.

Doesn't mean I won't check this thread tomorrow morning though hahaha

okay wait so where did this "on or before Feb 17th" message come from? I just logged into my app portal and it says "mid to end of Feb"

okay wait so where did this "on or before Feb 17th" message come from? I just logged into my app portal and it says "mid to end of Feb"
Someone reached out to the admissions committee via email, and they responded back by saying that all decision will be made on or before feb 17th!

I believe if you email admissions right now, that is the form email that gets auto sent back to you

Has anyone else lost access to the vMMI box folder? I was trying to look up one of their resources today, and I can't tell if this is a bad sign that I was removed from the folder..

Has anyone else lost access to the vMMI box folder? I was trying to look up one of their resources today, and I can't tell if this is a bad sign that I was removed from the folder..
I think they just deleted the folder when interviews ended. I can’t access it either

I’m literally staring at my phone waiting for it to ring lol

• Haha
Received the call about 10 mins ago! I can’t believe it!!

Congrats to all those you’ve gotten the call!!

Are y’all’s last names at the beginning of the alphabet?

congrats everyone!! i was wondering if yall had received A calls from your interviewer or just some rando on the admissions committee? thanks!

Low GPA ORM with retakes. Not sure how I made it to this point in Dukes cycle, but if I make it, I make it. Congrats to all who made it this far. Hoping for the best.

congrats again! do yall mind telling us what ur interview dates were??

i wish i could stop refreshing this page every 2 seconds and actually get work done considering im at WORK

• Care
Reactions: 4 users