2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I ask how people are approaching the COVID healthcare delivery prompt? I feel like my response could be considered too political as I see a greater need for changes in healthcare policy rather than the response of healthcare professionals who I feel were doing their best to care for patients.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask how people are approaching the COVID healthcare delivery prompt? I feel like my response could be considered too political as I see a greater need for changes in healthcare policy rather than the response of healthcare professionals who I feel were doing their best to care for patients.
I talked about policy. As long as you are familiar with your topic/could back up your argument in an interview, I think it’s fair game.

I'm a little confused on inputting labs that are separate from the lecture. My general bio didn't have lab but then I took a 3 credit lab course in biology my junior year.
Edit: never mind I think I figured out how they want us to do it

Last edited:
Has anyone not taken the MCAT and received a secondary?

Has anyone not taken the MCAT and received a secondary?
I've been told by admissions that they look at GPA and MCAT before they send out secondaries in their first round of screening

I've been told by admissions that they look at GPA and MCAT before they send out secondaries in their first round of screening

Okay, thank you that makes sense was wondering why I didn't get one because I have a good GPA just waiting on the MCAT

They just said in the video info session that the first interview date is 9/4. That means the II in the tracker isn't real.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s so soon though. With no II’s sent out yet? I would’ve thought a two week notice was standard.
Perhaps they mean IIs start going out the 4th? If that does mean the first interview date, it is pretty suspicious they've not sent any out yet.

Perhaps they mean IIs start going out the 4th? If that does mean the first interview date, it is pretty suspicious they've not sent any out yet.

Possible. I believe he said something like first interview date and went on to say that they will try to give 2 weeks notice, maybe not always possible. So either they’ll send them early next week (delay because of the video thing?) or on the 4th.

Has anyone gotten a confirmation that their application is under review? My most recent email from them is "Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine Secondary Application Submitted "

Has anyone gotten a confirmation that their application is under review? My most recent email from them is "Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine Secondary Application Submitted "
Same. and my portal just says my app is ready.

Do they have instate bias? Also is it even worth applying with a <506?

Do they have instate bias? Also is it even worth applying with a <506?

I think because it is a private institution they don't have a super-strong IS bias, but I think in an effort to interview and accept people that will actually end up attending their institution, they do have one. The MSAR numbers seem to show that around 16% of IS applicants interview vs. the 4% for OOS. Obviously having 49 states-worth of applications for 276 interview spots vs. 1 states-worth for 67 spots makes it more competitive percentage-wise for OOS, but it doesn't seem to affect accepted OOS stats as OOS students have a 505 for a bottom 10th percentile vs. the IS 508. That being said if you snag an interview I'm sure the acceptance rates become closer to each other.

In terms of the <506, I'm not an admissions expert, but it depends on how far below 506. You won't be winning anyone over by having an MCAT score in that range, but a low score (within reason) can be compensated for by other facets of your application (think ECs, URM status, difficult upbringing, non-trad, etc...). Only you can decide if you have the story to combat a lower score. Since you are applying this cycle, I assume you have made that decision already. As some of the greats on SDN have said, someone has to be in their bottom 10th percentile, why not you? There is no shame in that mindset for certain schools – I have applied to several schools where I am in or just below that 10th percentile.

Reactions: 6 users
I think because it is a private institution they don't have a super-strong IS bias, but I think in an effort to interview and accept people that will actually end up attending their institution, they do have one. The MSAR numbers seem to show that around 16% of IS applicants interview vs. the 4% for OOS. Obviously having 49 states-worth of applications for 276 interview spots vs. 1 states-worth for 67 spots makes it more competitive percentage-wise for OOS, but it doesn't seem to affect accepted OOS stats as OOS students have a 505 for a bottom 10th percentile vs. the IS 508. That being said if you snag an interview I'm sure the acceptance rates become closer to each other.

In terms of the <506, I'm not an admissions expert, but it depends on how far below 506. You won't be winning anyone over by having an MCAT score in that range, but a low score (within reason) can be compensated for by other facets of your application (think ECs, URM status, difficult upbringing, non-trad, etc...). Only you can decide if you have the story to combat a lower score. Since you are applying this cycle, I assume you have made that decision already. As some of the greats on SDN have said, someone has to be in their bottom 10th percentile, why not you? There is no shame in that mindset for certain schools – I have applied to several schools where I am in or just below that 10th percentile.
Wow! Thanks so much for such an empathetic response. You’ll make a great doctor.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
First interview date being this week has to mean that some IIs have already gone out. It’s certainly possible that the people who got them don’t post on SDN

First interview date being this week has to mean that some IIs have already gone out. It’s certainly possible that the people who got them don’t post on SDN

If a premed gets an II and doesn't immediate post on SDN, did they really get an II?

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
this is so weird no ii yet? i literally spoke with Dr. Yeckel once and he said interviews would go out "before end of august" lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if this school has early decision..?

hoping they send interviews soon (with some IS love :( )

AYEE ALSO A FELLOW IN STATE HERE!! I have yet to hear back from them lol hoping they send something soon! Waiting for Quinnipiac and UConn Med!

Edit: More like desperate to get an II for both lmao

Reactions: 1 users
AYEE ALSO A FELLOW IN STATE HERE!! I have yet to hear back from them lol hoping they send something soon! Waiting for Quinnipiac and UConn Med!

LOL same! I'm just glad UCONN does not have a portal that shows status updates or I would literally be on it every minute at work.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

SAME hoping for good news soon

You can still add it now. Keep in mind if the class fills your school's writing requirement then I think you are ok to not upload the syllabus. It looks like it is only for courses that you have identified as writing intensive, but that your college might not have.

URGENT please help me out:
I'm so confused about this.
Most students and I took classes to fulfill the English requirement by taking the writing courses (ex: It's called "Writing in Healthcare or Writing in Business") at our university. I took them a while ago, and my professors still haven't sent me their syllabi yet.
Are you saying that i'm okay as long as it satisfies the school requirement? The only reason that Quinnipac wants the syllabus is, say, I chose my native American study course that has a writing credit to satisfy this requirement. IS that so?

thanks for your time,

URGENT please help me out:
I'm so confused about this.
Most students and I took classes to fulfill the English requirement by taking the writing courses (ex: It's called "Writing in Healthcare or Writing in Business") at our university. I took them a while ago, and my professors still haven't sent me their syllabi yet.
Are you saying that i'm okay as long as it satisfies the school requirement? The only reason that Quinnipac wants the syllabus is, say, I chose my native American study course that has a writing credit to satisfy this requirement. IS that so?

thanks for your time,
Yeah that’s typically how it goes. If it’s not listed to satisfy your schools requirement but it’s writing intensive but then a med school might want the syllabus. If it satisfies your schools requirement then typically they won’t require the syllabus.

I'm one of the people that was verified mid-July and haven't received a secondary. I took my MCAT 7/23 and am retaking it next week, so could that be a possible reason I haven't heard anything? I got secondaries from pretty much every school I was still waiting from the day after I took my MCAT and this is the only MD school I'm still waiting to hear from.

For the "What non-academic advice would you give to your younger self?" question, I'm getting hung up on the tense to use. Did you all go for second tense (aka you should be more confident) or first tense (I would tell my younger self to be more confident)?

For the "What non-academic advice would you give to your younger self?" question, I'm getting hung up on the tense to use. Did you all go for second tense (aka you should be more confident) or first tense (I would tell my younger self to be more confident)?
I went with first person tense because Second person was kinda awkward to write for me. But I think if you can pull off second person it may be an interesting read?

I went second tense! For me it felt more natural.

I wrote in first person because it felt way more natural, but I doubt anyone cares. Second person would save characters!

II! complete 7/27 OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
My first II! Complete 7/16 OOS but in region
Lizzy M = 74
WARS = 84

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats all! So excited to see II's finally going out here. Good luck at your interviews!

I really like the idea of writing that prompt in the third person. Then Gemini said to Gemini, 'be more confident'.

My first II! Complete 8/1. OOS, URM, GPA: 3.2, MCAT 511

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Congrats to everyone who received a II! I really like this school so I’m crossing my fingers.:oops:

This is a dumb question, but does it matter which coursework we enter on the application as satisfying the pre-requisite requirements? Let's say I'm a chemistry major, so I took a bunch of chem classes, with a bunch of different grades recieved. I'm guessing it doesn't matter if I entered the courses that I received an A vs a C in, because they will see my transcript anyway

I am really having trouble answering the hours worked as full time student question because freshman year I worked ~2/week but thereafter junior/senior year it was more like ~13-14. How did people interpret this?

I am really having trouble answering the hours worked as full time student question because freshman year I worked ~2/week but thereafter junior/senior year it was more like ~13-14. How did people interpret this?
I just averaged it out over all four years