2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trust me, you should be very grateful that you don't lol
I think I unsubscribed after the first one haha. If there's one thing that gets a reaction out of me it's e-mails/newsletters I never signed up for in the first place.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how to contextualize my situation or have any thoughts to share? I was asked to apply to Northwestern because of my MCAT score and I am a URM, but overall my stats are low. I received a fee waiver for their secondary from them, but I was just wondering if anyone knows if their outreach means anything if my stats are overall still low....

Does anyone know how to contextualize my situation or have any thoughts to share? I was asked to apply to Northwestern because of my MCAT score and I am a URM, but overall my stats are low. I received a fee waiver for their secondary from them, but I was just wondering if anyone knows if their outreach means anything if my stats are overall still low....
Eh, go for it. You've got a fee waiver so you've got nothing to lose.

Members don't see this ad :)

Many schools set either a strict or understood stats minimum at which they will stop considering applicants for an interview. If you received the email, it most likely means you've surpassed their minimum. They are inviting you to apply and the fee is waived, and I completely agree with @BlueRosesGoldLeaf...you literally have nothing to lose. The worst they can say is no. If you think the other parts of your application are strong, I say you just make sure those parts shine through!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah they send that to every URM that gets higher than a certain MCAT. If you have nothing to lose then go for it

Apply.

II today, OOS LM 83 no ties
Congrats! I'm new to the whole process so this might be a stupid question, but do they call you when they send you a II? Or do they email you?

I received a missed call from the school's area code and now I'm freaking out haha.

Congrats! I'm new to the whole process so this might be a stupid question, but do they call you when they send you a II? Or do they email you?

I received a missed call from the school's area code and now I'm freaking out haha.

They email!

Members don't see this ad :)

Not a stupid question at all, I'm new as well. They sent an email & updated the portal!

Reactions: 1 users
II just now! Thought it was the newsletter at first.....complete 7/14 OOS

Reactions: 10 users
II Today, Complete 7/21 LizzyM 77, 6ft on Hinge, 5ft11 in real life, Lactose Intolerant, Promised 1st born child to an ominous deity

• Haha
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 29 users
Not sure if you're tryna throw shade. Is asking about someone's LM a problem?
I don't think there was any shade lmao it seems to be a running joke everywhere about people asking for lots of info lol

Reactions: 2 users
II Received! Complete 7/23, URM, LM 71, OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
II just now! Complete 7/22, OOS, stats in signature.

Reactions: 2 users
II! So excited it’s one of my top choices. LM 76, complete 7/14

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get a VITA invite today? I thought they go out on Thursdays but I didn't get one... was planning on doing VITA this weekend :(

Anyone not able to log into their account? I keep receiving the message, "Sorry, you are not approved to enter this site."

Anyone know how far into their interview cycle they are?

Does anyone know if they are still doing a group interview?

• Hmm