2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when does their interview season conclude?

Members don't see this ad.

Received an acceptance today - interviewed Jan 8. Committee met Jan 22.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Spots open for most of February. Complete mid July, LM~70, OSS and immediate family just moved to OH

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Also II yesterday!!! OOS, complete mid-July, LM ~67. So excited for this one!

Can those who have interviewed offer some advice on how to focus my prep? Any ethical scenarios/MMI? Since there are two open-file interviews, I imagine I will be reviewing my own application to make sure I can elaborate well on those experiences...any other considerations?

THANK YOU! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Can those who have interviewed offer some advice on how to focus my prep? Any ethical scenarios/MMI? Since there are two open-file interviews, I imagine I will be reviewing my own application to make sure I can elaborate well on those experiences...any other considerations?

THANK YOU! :)
Yep 90% of questions will be from your application. The other 10% will be why do you want to become a doctor, why this school, what specialty you want to go to, etc. No ethical/healthcare scenarios.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep 90% of questions will be from your application. The other 10% will be why do you want to become a doctor, why this school, what specialty you want to go to, etc. No ethical/healthcare scenarios.
Thank you! That helps a lot!

Those of you recently getting IIs - did you submit a letter of interest or anything like that? I really want an interview here so I probably need to do this.
In the documents area of the portal, I had uploaded three updates over the course of September-December. I finalized and submitted that section with a letter of interest. I still had to wait almost 2 months before being invited though.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In the documents area of the portal, I had uploaded three updates over the course of September-December. I finalized and submitted that section with a letter of interest. I still had to wait almost 2 months before being invited though.

I thought it only allowed 1

I thought it only allowed 1
You may upload an item to each of the four areas, but you may only click "I'm Done Uploading" once. I believe that the documents only submit once you choose to finalize everything. So, you do have to make your best guess as to timing out that final "I'm Done" click. Once you close out that section, you cannot go back and upload to any unused areas.

Can anyone provide pros and cons of attending? Also, can any current students provide any insight to how they enjoy the non systems based curriculum and whether they think it’ll be helpful come STEP time?

Was waitlisted in the beginning of January, just received an R today :/

Anyone received II lately? when do they stop sending II? silent since the beginning of the cycle. Atleast send that R so that I can stop thinking about it!

my interviewer made me super uncomfortable and asked a question I deem to be sexist... and I said that i felt that way in the interview

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
my interviewer made me super uncomfortable and asked a question I deem to be sexist... and I said that i felt that way in the interview
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry that you had that experience.

it should be reported!

how do i even go about reporting it and will it negatively affect my chances
Something similar happened in my friend’s interview, he reported it and the staff was very nice and apologetic tbh I think it positively affected his chances bc then they felt guilty lol

Something similar happened in my friend’s interview, he reported it and the staff was very nice and apologetic tbh I think it positively affected his chances bc then they felt guilty lol
someone said there’s anonymous reporting online, but would it be better to let them know it’s me reporting lol-- update: reported anonymously but I had to provide the date and interviewer name so they will be able to link it to me anyway

Last edited:
accepted this morning, interviewed 1/22

• Love
Were there any behavioral interview questions? (i.e. what's something you would change about yourself, tell me about a time you had a conflict in a team, etc.)

Specific questions obviously are not necessary, but just wondering about the question types.

Thanks!
No almost all are questions about what you wrote in your application.

accepted today, interviewed 1/15

• Love
Pre interview R today. Figured as much since I haven’t heard from em since I was complete in July. Good luck, pals!

• Sad
Got the rejection today, 0/3 for the MD schools I applied to this cycle.

• Sad
From MSAR, they interviewed 427 and 120 matriculated.

Well if you look at their acceptance rate and multiply that by the applicants you find that 243 people get in. So their acceptance rate if you get an interview is actually closer to 57%

Well if you look at their acceptance rate and multiply that by the applicants you find that 243 people get in. So their acceptance rate if you get an interview is actually closer to 57%
good point! *fingers crossed*

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist or heard of anyone getting off the waitlist?

IS pre-II R from this school on the 11th, good luck to everyone else!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
I interviewed the day before and still haven't heard back yet...this is very disheartening.
It means one/both of your interviewers either weren't able to meet at the committee meeting to discuss your application or there were way too many applications to discuss. The latter happened to me and I was accepted at the next committee meeting (after 2 weeks).