2019-2020 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any chance you guys can post submission dates?
Secondary received 8/19, complete 9/24, got the complete email 9/26

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you guys who just got interviews share some of your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students know whether the orientation in late May is the only option, or if there are any options closer to the white coat ceremony in Aug?

Many thanks, still crossing my fingers for everyone waiting in the wings (incl. me!). Good luck and happy holidays!

Did anyone else read the article about FSU receiving a “warning” from LCME about its accreditation status?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have read it is very picky concerns that should be easily fixable, I can't imagine that there will be any issues upon the next visit they have

Reactions: 1 users
Do any current students know whether the orientation in late May is the only option, or if there are any options closer to the white coat ceremony in Aug?

Many thanks, still crossing my fingers for everyone waiting in the wings (incl. me!). Good luck and happy holidays!

Hey! I'm a current student. There's only one required orientation session in late May since classes begin first week of June.

From what I have read it is very picky concerns that should be easily fixable, I can't imagine that there will be any issues upon the next visit they have

Exactly, from what I've heard its nothing to do with the curriculum. There wasn't enough info about regional campuses offered during the visit so they were upset about that.

Thank you both, that is very valuable information for me!
@FuturePplHelper many congratulations, I hope we will be helping people in the future, together, soon!
@EDscribe95 Best of wishes getting some rest in over the holidays! :D

Any recent II's here? It seems most of my friends who were accepted her in recent years received II's extremely late in the cycle (n=3), like March.

Accepted student here. I recently received a speeding ticket for 9 miles over the limit. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if this is going to affect my acceptance? Or if there is any protocol I need to follow as far as notifying them or anything. Any help is appreciated!

is it a misdemeanor?

It’s just a civil infraction. Am I supposed to email them & tell them? I just don’t know the protocol since I’m already accepted

I'd email to be safe but I'm almost sure that unless they explicitly specify speeding/moving violations, it doesnt need to be reported.

Does anyone know what the process is for accepted students? Specifically, are there any things that we need to do over these next few months, aside from the financial aid application?

Does anyone know what the process is for accepted students? Specifically, are there any things that we need to do over these next few months, aside from the financial aid application?

Make sure you do the current year fafsa (19-20) and add FSU to it. Since classes begin summer, it's still considered the previous year's fafsa which I didn't realize so I got my loans super late.

Any recent II here?

Reactions: 2 users

I am a current student. Orientation starts the day after Memorial Day and the summer term starts the next week. FSU does a whole semester before white coat.

Hi!! I’m an M1 at FSU COM, feel free to message if you have any questions about the program or what it is like.

Has there been any recent II invites? Or is it considered late in the MD cycle?

Has there been any recent II invites? Or is it considered late in the MD cycle?

Its not late at all, FSU interviewed until the last week of April this past year and several people got in. Send an update to let them know you're still interested.

Sent an update 12/17, still radiosilence. OOS and strong ties to FL. Anyone know when they start interviewing for the Bridge program?

@WISHMELUCK2 Accepted as of Wednesday via email! Very excited and so thankful to this group for the tips and support. I wish you luck, too :)

@bmcdonald9 From the interview it seemed like Bridge program is selected from the MD interview pool, but I didn't research that so I'm not sure. From what I hear it's a great program with good people, best of luck!

@WISHMELUCK2 Accepted as of Wednesday via email! Very excited and so thankful to this group for the tips and support. I wish you luck, too :)

@bmcdonald9 From the interview it seemed like Bridge program is selected from the MD interview pool, but I didn't research that so I'm not sure. From what I hear it's a great program with good people, best of luck!

Yes its chosen from the MD applicant pool

Sent an update 12/17, still radiosilence. OOS and strong ties to FL. Anyone know when they start interviewing for the Bridge program?

Applicants for the Bridge program are selected among the people who receive an interview for the MD program. So technically you can’t apply directly for Bridge. These applicants are usually notified late April/early May of their applicant status because they look at all potential applicants before choosing the handful that are going to be apart of the Bridge program. Hope that helps!

Im still waiting too, every time I get an email I get excited

Any recent II's? I'm a re-applicant here and went to FSU for undergrad. I really love this school and tried to stress my commitment to under-served populations in my primary/secondary this cycle but total silence since completing the secondary :(

Reactions: 3 users
I never imagined I would one day dislike wknds as much as I do during this application cycle.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Any recent II's? I'm a re-applicant here and went to FSU for undergrad. I really love this school and tried to stress my commitment to under-served populations in my primary/secondary this cycle but total silence since completing the secondary :(

Silence here as well unfortunately.

(Current student here), don't worry at all. Just send a comprehensive update of what you've been doing this year! Nearly a third of my class interviewed Feb-April :)

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if the waitlists come at the same time as acceptances? Anxiously waiting from an interview at the beginning of January