2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
likely yes at this point. There’ll probably be a couple for the rest of the summer but overall it is done by this point.
Aw.. that's unfortunate :/

Members don't see this ad.

likely yes at this point. There’ll probably be a couple for the rest of the summer but overall it is done by this point.

I mean if you look at last year's thread there were a bunch of people accepted after May 30th, there's still hope!!

Reactions: 2 users
I mean if you look at last year's thread there were a bunch of people accepted after May 30th, there's still hope!!

I was accepted at the end of June, and I know several people were accepted during the month of June and even into July! So while yes, the majority of the movement does occur in early May, there is still a significant number of people who will be accepted in the next couple months!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I know this might sound like a very silly question, but i have just been anxious even though I am applying next year. I’m trying to plan out where I am applying because I will be financing my own application cycle. So I want to apply smartly. I am an ORM with a gpa of 3.76. Do you think it’s worth applying to osu bc so far every post I have read, everyone who got accepted has like a 4.0? I know this is a stupid question, but I am financially limited, so I want to apply to school where I know I have a possible chance. I have a good mcat score that was above their 2019 class average. Once again, I apologize for the silly question, I’m just an anxious premed
You should be fine given that you have a solid MCAT. If your gpa has upward trend, then that’s even better. Not everyone who gets into osu has a 4.0

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
MSAR said 92 people were accepted off the WL. Also deferred/WL since February.
Same, deferred since feb. Wish OSU would let us know what half of the WL we're on like some other schools do

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call - I am going to be a buckeye!!! OOS, interviewed on 1/27. I am thrilled beyond words!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
My vitals still do not have an option to accept the offer. Has anyone else experienced this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Decisions typically don't come over the weekend right? I'm on the WL but have been accepted elsewhere and the CTE deadline is tomorrow for my other school so I was hoping to hear back before then but seems unlikely now

Decisions typically don't come over the weekend right? I'm on the WL but have been accepted elsewhere and the CTE deadline is tomorrow for my other school so I was hoping to hear back before then but seems unlikely now
I haven’t heard of decisions coming over the weekend at all, but good luck at your other school!

Did anyone just never hear a single thing after submitting their secondaries, whether about an interview or just an outright rejection? Is it common for them to do that? OOS and complete early August, but then just total radio silence. High LM and WARS, just very curious

Did anyone just never hear a single thing after submitting their secondaries, whether about an interview or just an outright rejection? Is it common for them to do that? OOS and complete early August, but then just total radio silence. High LM and WARS, just very curious
Did you check the portal? I think rejections were updated in the portal and not sent through email.

Any waitlist movement? Also the deadline to commit to a school ive been accepted is next week. Can i commit and still stay on WL for Ohio State?

Any waitlist movement? Also the deadline to commit to a school ive been accepted is next week. Can i commit and still stay on WL for Ohio State?
No unfortunately. When you commit to a school, you have to withdraw all acceptances and waitlist positions.

Just withdrew from the waitlist (OOS). Hard to do as I was very impressed by OSU and think I would've been happy there but c'est la vie. Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Does anyone know if OSU sends an email if the class is full and that movement is over?

Does anyone know if OSU sends an email if the class is full and that movement is over?
Not sure. CTE deadline is 7/13 though so I am still optimistic that a little movement will continue to happen even if the majority of the movement has already happened

Not sure. CTE deadline is 7/13 though so I am still optimistic that a little movement will continue to happen even if the majority of the movement has already happened
So they definitely won't accept people after the CTE date? Lol

So they definitely won't accept people after the CTE date? Lol
I have heard of people getting accepted all the way up to a couple of days before orientation in the past couple of years, so I wouldn't say that especially with OSU having a large class (~200 students). I am optimistic for a little movement after CTE date since I do not have an acceptance, but WL movement is unpredictable.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone contact adcom and ask if movement is still going to happen? Because nobody reported an acceptance after june 1st according to this thread

I’m happy to share that my close friend received an acceptance yesterday via phone call. She’s an instate applicant with a LM69
Best of Luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I GOT OFF THE WAITLIST 10 MINUTES AGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ABOUT TO SUBMIT THIS YEAR'S SECONDARY.... OMG...

Reactions: 5 users
I GOT OFF THE WAITLIST 10 MINUTES AGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ABOUT TO SUBMIT THIS YEAR'S SECONDARY.... OMG...
Congrats! What position were you on the waitlist?

Congrats!! Are you IS or OS? Did you send multiple update letters/letters of intent? Just wondering since I still haven’t heard back but debating on whether I should send another letter of intent

Congrats!! Are you IS or OS? Did you send multiple update letters/letters of intent? Just wondering since I still haven’t heard back but debating on whether I should send another letter of intent
I'm OOS - I sent 1 Letter of Intent in late March, and sent another update on April. I completely gave up and was filling out 2021's secondary until I got the call, so I would say shoot your shot!

@banana_milk Congrats on getting off the waitlist. tOSU is a great school! Just m curious if your stats (gpa and MCAT) are in the midrange of the entering class profile as per MSAR data or towards the lower percentage —wondering if waitlists give more leniency to slightly lower stats or not.

@banana_milk Congrats on getting off the waitlist. tOSU is a great school! Just m curious if your stats (gpa and MCAT) are in the midrange of the entering class profile as per MSAR data or towards the lower percentage —wondering if waitlists give more leniency to slightly lower stats or not.

PM me!