2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am waitlisted at OSU but have an acceptance at another institution. I've paid my enrollment deposit because yesterday was the deadline. Can I commit to my accepted school and still wait on OSU.

You can “plan to enroll” at your current acceptance and wait on OSU. Once you “commit to enroll” you are locked in.

Members don't see this ad.

I withdrew from my other options. See you all at OSU!

Reactions: 1 users
GOT THE CALL THIS MORNING !!!! Legit cried on the phone with the admissions committee on the other end. Super excited to see you all soon !!!! Go Bucks!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GOT THE CALL THIS MORNING !!!! Legit cried on the phone with the admissions committee on the other end. Super excited to see you all soon !!!! Go Bucks!
Congrats! When was your interview and are you IS or OOS if you don't mind sharing? Still on the WL and anxiously waiting for a call

Congrats! When was your interview and are you IS or OOS if you don't mind sharing? Still on the WL and anxiously waiting for a call
Thank you! I interviewed on 2/3 and was WL on 2/11. I am an OOS applicant. I know it's tough, but be patient! You got this!

Thank you! I interviewed on 2/3 and was WL on 2/11. I am an OOS applicant. I know it's tough, but be patient! You got this!
Thanks for sharing! Did you send a letter of intent by chance? I interviewed on 2/10, WL on 2/25, IS so fingers crossed!

When did you send the LOI? Sorry for all our questions I know it's annoying lol
I sent a letter 2 days after my interview, and another that was more along the lines of a LOI the day I received my deferred decision. Don’t apologize! I don’t mind the questions at all!

I sent a letter 2 days after my interview, and another that was more along the lines of a LOI the day I received my deferred decision. Don’t apologize! I don’t mind the questions at all!
Wow I wish I did what you did and glad it paid off! I slacked off and it took me a while to write a LOI/update so I sent mine in early April

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those accepted off WL!!! That's exciting.. Hopefully I join you guys soon.

On a side note, are yall's vitals not loading? I have been trying to log in but it's been crashing for the past hour or so.

• Love
Congratulations to those accepted off WL!!! That's exciting.. Hopefully I join you guys soon.

On a side note, are yall's vitals not loading? I have been trying to log in but it's been crashing for the past hour or so.
+1

Congrats!!! Did they update your vitals portal after you got the call?

Vitals isn’t working for me either, and actually neither is any page on their website :(

Congrats!!! Did they update your vitals portal after you got the call?
Thank you! I called admissions. They said Vitals and the OSUCOM server was down all day yesterday, and would most likely receive these updates at the start of the new week!

Edit 5:11 AM: Vitals up and running for me for anyone else that has been trying to access it. Has not yet been updated with acceptance message.

Anybody know if there is a 2024 Facebook group yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who chose OSU (plan to enroll) hear anything? Do we have summer requirements to complete? Excited to meet everyone this fall!

For those of you that have been accepted recently, do you still have the deferred status on your Vitals page? Also, have you received the email stating you were accepted? I spoke with Julie last week after she called to notify me about my acceptance, and she stated the systems were down and I would be receiving all that information today. Wondering if I’m the only one that hasn’t received this information. I’ve only been able to take the steps towards matriculation on AMCAS “Choose Your Medical School” tool.

For those of you that have been accepted recently, do you still have the deferred status on your Vitals page? Also, have you received the email stating you were accepted? I spoke with Julie last week after she called to notify me about my acceptance, and she stated the systems were down and I would be receiving all that information today. Wondering if I’m the only one that hasn’t received this information. I’ve only been able to take the steps towards matriculation on AMCAS “Choose Your Medical School” tool.
Julie also told me today that I'd be getting the acceptance letter today and fin aid but I also haven't received them yet.

I looked at the Ohio residency requirements and it says we cant leave for more than 30 days in a 12 month period. Just out of curiosity, how will they know when we leave the state?

I looked at the Ohio residency requirements and it says we cant leave for more than 30 days in a 12 month period. Just out of curiosity, how will they know when we leave the state?
They look at credit card statements and bank records. Use cash

• Love
  • Haha
Got the call this morning. OOS and sent LOI

Reactions: 3 users
I noticed that most residency matches tend to be in Ohio as well. Is this by choice? How well do students do with matching their top choices? Would it be hard for me to match in NYC or California?

If anyone can please shed some light, I'd be very grateful. :D

I noticed that most residency matches tend to be in Ohio as well. Is this by choice? How well do students do with matching their top choices? Would it be hard for me to match in NYC or California?

If anyone can please shed some light, I'd be very grateful. :D
I am not accepted to osucom, but I went to undergrad at osu. I can say that the residency matches are usually pretty good from what I know. I ran into an osu med student in the airport that I was acquaintances with, and he was going to a residency interview with Mayo. I think the booklet that we received from our interviews stated that California is a popular state for residency matches, and I am sure you can check out the match list too.

Anyone know how many calls they make each day? Or if they even pull at least one person off the WL every day

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have access to MSAR? I think it said applicants receive a score post-interview. So is the WL ranked and do they release ranking info?
I think it is ranked based off the post interview score but they don’t release that info to us

Just got the call this morning! My first acceptance. Anyone know how long it takes for it to update on Vitals or the Choose Your Medical School Tool? Kind of blacked out and don't remember if she said.

Just got the call this morning! My first acceptance. Anyone know how long it takes for it to update on Vitals or the Choose Your Medical School Tool? Kind of blacked out and don't remember if she said.
Congrats! When was your interview? Are you IS or OOS?

congrats! stats if you dont mind sharing!

Did anyone pay the $25 fee to secure your seat in the incoming class yet?

After receing an acceptance, there's no action you need to take on Vitals, right? In the admissions requirements document it says to confirm your acceptance on Vitals, but I don't see an action. All I've done is PTE on CYMS.

There should be an option to accept in the top right of your vitals portal. It's the same spot where you confirmed your interview time.

There should be an option to accept in the top right of your vitals portal. It's the same spot where you confirmed your interview time.
The only action I have there is to withdraw. This is what my portal looks like.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 9.38.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 9.38.20 PM.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 200
Seems like you should be fine then! I had an option where I had to choose to accept there, but then it became what you posted there.

Last edited:
Do yall think the majority of the waitlist movement is over for OSU?