2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. I received the high-ranking email. it said "Unfortunately, we have reached the point in our admissions cycle when we offer fewer acceptances. Although we did not offer you a position in our entering class, you received a strong rating from the committee and we expect you will be ranked high on our final alternate list."
received the same email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If any of you guys have also been lurking on previous year's threads (someone please stop me), have you seen anyone get on the top tier of the waitlist without having received the above email ("Although we did not offer you a position in our entering class, you received a strong rating from the committee and we expect you will be ranked high on our final alternate list.")?
This email usually sent some of late interviewers I think

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted students!! Please tell how many accepted students at BAMS portal by now

just received email. bottom third of waitlist… once again very sad but wish you all the best who get to attend BSOM! im still thankful to have acceptances elsewhere, but this was always my number 1 so def just hard to see that email lol especially when I was basically pleaded by interviewers to attend BSOM

• Care
just received email. bottom third of waitlist… once again very sad but wish you all the best who get to attend BSOM! im still thankful to have acceptances elsewhere, but this was always my number 1 so def just hard to see that email lol especially when I was basically pleaded by interviewers to attend BSOM
You will be future doc anyways , good luck

SENDING HUGS :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to you on your other acceptances ! BSOM is also my top choice and it hurts to even be on the waitlist when you want to go there so bad . So I understand how you are feeling. Don’t lose hope . You never know they might still get to you. It’s hard to believe this sometimes but I believe everything happens for a reason and even if you do end up at another school it will all work out in the end !

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you on your other acceptances ! BSOM is also my top choice and it hurts to even be on the waitlist when you want to go there so bad . So I understand how you are feeling. Don’t lose hope . You never know they might still get to you. It’s hard to believe this sometimes but I believe everything happens for a reason and even if you do end up at another school it will all work out in the end !
Thank you for your kind words!!! I also agree that everything happens for a reason so I’m still gonna move forward and be happy with my other choices :)

I’m middle third ! I’m having faith that they will get to the middle this year !

Reactions: 2 users
I received my acceptance this past Thursday but did not receive my official acceptance packet and contract to sign. Does this usually take a while to be sent? I also checked my junk/spam with no luck

I received my acceptance this past Thursday but did not receive my official acceptance packet and contract to sign. Does this usually take a while to be sent? I also checked my junk/spam with no luck
Congratulations for acceptance, so was this first email you received after interview

Congratulations for acceptance, so was this first email you received after interview
No, this was the second email. The first email stated that the decision could take 6-8 emails, along with where to email if I had any questions

Hey congrats to you ! Where you previously on the waitlist or where you accepted right after the interview ?

Hey congrats to you ! Where you previously on the waitlist or where you accepted right after the interview ?
Thank you very much! I was accepted 3 weeks after the interview; not places on waitlist. 3.6 cGPA, 511 MCAT if curious

I received the acceptance contract and signed it just now. Is the next step receiving a student email to see loans/scholarships?

What’s the possibility of conducting research at CCHMC while in school at Wright state?

Top Third WL here. Anyone else feel like they’re gonna go crazy with the suspense and stress??? 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

What’s the possibility of conducting research at CCHMC while in school at Wright state?
You can do research anywhere you want over the summer and its only like an hour drive I think so pretty high

Top Third WL here. Anyone else feel like they’re gonna go crazy with the suspense and stress??? 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲
I’m middle third so I feel you to the second power ! 😂

Did you receive rated high email also when you were waitlisted
i received the “Although we did not offer you a position in our entering class, you received a strong rating from the committee and we expect you will be ranked high on our final alternate list.” email a few weeks after my interview and then a separate email a few weeks after that notifying that i was top third. no other emails since.

Hello everyone! Do we know when classes for. M1 start? On the school website there was a pdf calendar that stated classes will start in July; is this correct?

Hello everyone! Do we know when classes for. M1 start? On the school website there was a pdf calendar that stated classes will start in July; is this correct?
The email they sent said that classes start July 11th.

Our orientation is July 6th and white coat ceremony July 9th, classes start on the 11th

Can a current medical student comment on the research opportunities at Boonshoft? During my interview someone said there is going to be more opportunities in the upcoming year because something was on the works

Hi
Do you know how many are accepted students on Facebook page apart from ambassadors and current students.
At second look day, they told us 157 people have been accepted and they are waiting for people to drop. Once they hit a certain number, they will start admitting students from the waitlist.

At second look day, they told us 157 people have been accepted and they are waiting for people to drop. Once they hit a certain number, they will start admitting students from the waitlist.
Thanks, when did you have second look ?