2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody remember when they said they would send out scholarship awards? And if fafsa is a requirement for that?

Members don't see this ad.

It means one/both of your interviewers either weren't able to meet at the committee meeting to discuss your application or there were way too many applications to discuss. The latter happened to me and I was accepted at the next committee meeting (after 2 weeks).

how do you know all this? do you think I could still get ii?

Have they filled seats ? Also how long does it fake to hear back post interview? And are they receptive to post interview updates ?

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know all this? do you think I could still get ii?
This was Post-II. Sorry I should have clarified. I called the admissions to inquire about it.

Last year, their last II was sent Feb. 15, so I am not sure if they will be sending any more II's/

Have they filled seats ? Also how long does it fake to hear back post interview? And are they receptive to post interview updates ?
Their class size is 120, and so far, they have accepted 145. Usually takes 3-4 weeks to hear back post-II. Yes, they are very receptive to updates.

It means one/both of your interviewers either weren't able to meet at the committee meeting to discuss your application or there were way too many applications to discuss. The latter happened to me and I was accepted at the next committee meeting (after 2 weeks).
I see. I'll keep waiting then - thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Is Choose Your Medical School Tool working for anyone? I do not have it in my quicklinks on AMCAS even though I have been accepted to Wright State and one other school

Is Choose Your Medical School Tool working for anyone? I do not have it in my quicklinks on AMCAS even though I have been accepted to Wright State and one other school
It will be available starting from 9:30 am ET

i was under the impression that we could "plan to enroll" in multiple schools and then had to commit to enroll in 1 by April 30th... am I dumb??

i was under the impression that we could "plan to enroll" in multiple schools and then had to commit to enroll in 1 by April 30th... am I dumb??
you can only plan to enroll or commit to enroll to one school.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do i even go about reporting it and will it negatively affect my chances

You can report it. Once accepted, the staff asks the M1 class for feedback regarding the questions and they alter or amend their questions.

I’m not sure what the question was for you, but they tend to be very receptive about feedback and probably asked you the question out of curiosity on their own.

I’m also not sure whether you are M or F, but the whole medical education staff is consisted of females except for one guy.

For those of you who interviewed/ current students, what do you really like about the program?

Current student here: Academically, probably the fact that you don’t waste three hours on just plain old lectures, zoning out. You do questions in class and you are required to think critically EVERY single day. The more questions you do, the better prepared you are for board exams. Otherwise, we are not at all competitive and we always help each other out with resources (within the M1 class and between all the classes).

There’s a lot that I think is beneficial. The one thing that I kind of don’t like is the fact that your schedule is different everyday; some days you have class in the morning and other days you have class in the afternoon, which can be a mess trying to find parking.

From MSAR, they interviewed 427 and 120 matriculated.

That # will be different this year. A lot more people applied and there are likely more interview slots this year than last year. The 120 class size remains the same though.

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist or heard of anyone getting off the waitlist?

We had one person get off the wait list near June. He decided to leave the med school he had already started at to join our class. Moral of the story: Don’t give up on your hopes and dreams. :)

We had one person get off the wait list near June. He decided to leave the med school he had already started at to join our class. Moral of the story: Don’t give up on your hopes and dreams. :)
That does give me hope!

Current student here: Academically, probably the fact that you don’t waste three hours on just plain old lectures, zoning out. You do questions in class and you are required to think critically EVERY single day. The more questions you do, the better prepared you are for board exams. Otherwise, we are not at all competitive and we always help each other out with resources (within the M1 class and between all the classes).

There’s a lot that I think is beneficial. The one thing that I kind of don’t like is the fact that your schedule is different everyday; some days you have class in the morning and other days you have class in the afternoon, which can be a mess trying to find parking.
Wait, Aren't the classes 9-12 everyday except Friday? Do we have classes in the afternoons?

Out of all the ppl that heard back today, only one was accepted. (Only one person was added to the accepted students list within the past 24 hours in the BAMS portal)

I wish I knew which interview timeline these decisions came from!

Yeah when I had my interview recently, they said they're mostly interviewing for the waitlist. Very few A's will go out from this point. Not sure why they are interviewing up until March though??

When was your interview? I interview on Tuesday so this is not great news to receive.

Wait, Aren't the classes 9-12 everyday except Friday? Do we have classes in the afternoons?

Classes switch between 9-12 on some days and 1-4 on other days depending on teachers’ schedules.

I was put on the alternate list back in October 2019. Is Wright State receptive to updates?

Second app was late august or september I believe--I forget. Wasn't seeing any updates in email or online anywhere so I emailed them last Monday and got II for next tuesday.

I saw a previous comment about the interview being 90% from app and the rest general questions on why wanting to be a doctor, etc.. .is that all I should know?

Further, seeing a lot of talk about waitlisting and how they've sent acceptances to over 146 (?) is there even a chance for direct acceptance or will it only be an offer for the waitlist...?
Yes, that should be good! But try to familiarize with their website too. It contains a lot of info that you could use in your interview to show them that you have done research and it's the school you want to go to.

I think most II are now for waitlists. But if your interview goes superb, there might be a direct acceptance. Somebody from last interview date got accepted (tho he/she was the only one)

Yes, that should be good! But try to familiarize with their website too. It contains a lot of info that you could use in your interview to show them that you have done research and it's the school you want to go to.

I think most II are now for waitlists. But if your interview goes superb, there might be a direct acceptance. Somebody from last interview date got accepted (tho he/she was the only one)

So, what's the rough ball park on response post-interview given that they're pretty much wrapping up acceptances? I'm assuming rejection is faster response than acceptance or waitlist?

So, what's the rough ball park on response post-interview given that they're pretty much wrapping up acceptances? I'm assuming rejection is faster response than acceptance or waitlist?
Rejection is usually not given, except if the interview went terrible. Usually you will hear back in 2-3 weeks. You can ask for a specific day to hear back during your interview day.

finishing my masters at WSU this semester and going to medical school at another school which starts around the same time, Looking to get out of my lease between May 5th and June instead of August 31, message me for details.
10 minutes from campus, 5 minutes to the Dayton children's, 10 to Miami valley. 4 miles from campus
1 bed room, pool, tennis courts in a quiet neighborhood. MSG me for additional details.
$599 a month (without a room mate), 650sq feet
total cost, including utilities (water and electric) and internet comes out to $715/month
parking spot included
1st floor, 1 story apt building, end unit very quiet, well lit parking lots with private laundromat on site.
There is normally a wait list for this complex during the summer months.

Reactions: 1 users