2019-2020 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get random email about FSUID and email has been created? Confused, because I have not heard anything from here since being complete in August.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II!!!! My first MD!!!!!!! I can't believe it. :bigtears::clap: I had lost all hope already. Complete 08/06

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So happy for you. If you could post your stats please itd be a great help to the community
emoji1317.png
Thank you!! LM 60.5 I’ll PM you with my stats.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today! Interviewed at beginning of January, ecstatic about the acceptance.

Reactions: 9 users
II!!!! My first MD!!!!!!! I can't believe it. :bigtears::clap: I had lost all hope already. Complete 08/06
Very happy for you as well! Would you mind PMing your stats to me as well! Still holding out for this school and very curious!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today! Interviewed in late January. :heckyeah::nod:

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if it's been talked about on this thread but what are your guys' opinions on the Bridge Program? Has anyone got in this cycle?

I don't know if it's been talked about on this thread but what are your guys' opinions on the Bridge Program? Has anyone got in this cycle?

I don't believe they offer positions in the Bridge Program until Apirl/May when all Acceptances have gone out and they pull people from the Waitlist into the program.

No interview invite until now. Should I consider this a rejection?

No interview invite until now. Should I consider this a rejection?

Several of us got interview invites late March and still got in.

Their waitlist works in reverse so if you interview later and get waitlisted, they go in order of April first and then backwards for acceptances, so don't worry since an II now is not late at all.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys. I have an interview coming up soon and I'm a little nervous. I am aware that they do two separate interviews, now, will each interview last one hour? So pretty much two hours interviewing? Also, what possible ethical questions should I be prepared for? Just the usual ACA, abortion, etc..? Thank you.

Hey guys. I have an interview coming up soon and I'm a little nervous. I am aware that they do two separate interviews, now, will each interview last one hour? So pretty much two hours interviewing? Also, what possible ethical questions should I be prepared for? Just the usual ACA, abortion, etc..? Thank you.
yes two separate one hour interviews! and in terms of ethical questions, i think you can probably expect the usual stuff. I had one interviewer that didn't ask me any ethical questions while the other interviewer asked me a few.

Reactions: 1 users
yes two separate one hour interviews! and in terms of ethical questions, i think you can probably expect the usual stuff. I had one interviewer that didn't ask me any ethical questions while the other interviewer asked me a few.

Do you remember what ethical questions they asked you? Or what questions in general you were asked? My interview is pretty soon as well so I'm just preparing! Thanks in advance.

Thank you!

Do you remember what ethical questions they asked you? Or what questions in general you were asked? My interview is pretty soon as well so I'm just preparing! Thanks in advance.
It is just going to be very dependent on who interviews you. The school doesn't seem to have a specific set of questions that are asked of every student. My two interviews were very different. I was asked in both what makes a good doctor vs bad doctor (give personal examples if you can).

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if it is common for parents or girlfriend/boyfriends to attend the second look?

Does anyone know if it is common for parents or girlfriend/boyfriends to attend the second look?
i think it is (when registering for second look they ask how many guests you plan to bring so i feel like thats an indication that guests are customary). I don't know about fsu specifically but i have friends who went to fiu's last year and they all brought their fam/significant others. I'm planning on bringing mine. I'm sure if you ask admissions they will let you know if its common or not

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back this week! I hope that acceptance wave is coming today! :xf::giggle:

Are they still extending interview invites?
Not sure, what I was told in the interview is that they already gave 131 offers and only have 120 seats. They are expecting some offers to be refused, but they didn’t say anything about future interviews.

Not sure, what I was told in the interview is that they already gave 131 offers and only have 120 seats. They are expecting some offers to be refused, but they didn’t say anything about future interviews.
When was your interview?

Interviews run into mid April! Our class had 200ish acceptance offers but only 120 matriculated with us.

Last year they only offered 160 acceptances before being full. They said at my interview day that it was the lowest amount of acceptances in a single year ever given out. Not sure if that will repeat this year.

Last year they only offered 160 acceptances before being full. They said at my interview day that it was the lowest amount of acceptances in a single year ever given out. Not sure if that will repeat this year.

That's weird, I was told 200 during my interview and I was near the end of the cycle, but because of the new acceptance/waitlist rules last year the numbers might not match.