2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When would you guys say is the best time time/month to send an update of a new activity to Wright State as an out of state applicant? I know they start looking at OOS later in the cycle, so just trying to gauge when i should submit a new activity? Thanks!
Not sure if you are aware, but the update is a one time submission (according to the admissions person I spoke with). I can't answer on what the best timing would be, just wanted to make sure you were aware of this.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if you are aware, but the update is a one time submission (according to the admissions person I spoke with). I can't answer on what the best timing would be, just wanted to make sure you were aware of this.
Yes! I am aware, i don't think there would be anything more significant as an update then the one i currently want to post. i have no research on my activities and my new activity is a research assistant position i started ~2 months ago

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I am aware, i don't think there would be anything more significant as an update then the one i currently want to post. i have no research on my activities and my new activity is a research assistant position i started ~2 months ago
Yeah I would say submit an update based on the significance rather than a timing thing. So go ahead if you feel that it's a significant update and you won't have any other ground breaking developments in the next few months.

When do they normally start reviewing OOS applicants? Feeling nervous about not hearing anything back from the school.

Reactions: 4 users
When do they normally start reviewing OOS applicants? Feeling nervous about not hearing anything back from the school.
I believe that they already have. I am OOS and received an interview invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)

OOS people have already started interviewing but please don’t freak out because WS interviews for a longggg time. I didn’t get an II until December. Maybe freak out a little if you haven’t heard by January.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
II! Complete 7/22 OOS URM

Reactions: 9 users
II just now, OOS LM 67

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone who has interviewed heard anything back yet? Any acceptances? Anyone know how long it takes After the interview to hear back?

Has anyone who has interviewed heard anything back yet? Any acceptances? Anyone know how long it takes After the interview to hear back?

I haven't interviewed yet, but I know 2 people who were accepted. I think one of them heard back after 3 weeks, and the other heard after about 4 weeks.

Congrats to those who have gotten in!!
For those that haven't heard back yet, hang in there!

Let me know if you have any questions about the school, etc..

II received today. LM 70. Complete Early August. OOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just called them, they said they didn't have a committee meeting this week but that we should hear back next week.

For people who interviewed already, what time did the interview finish? How long was the whole interview process?

For people who interviewed already, what time did the interview finish? How long was the whole interview process?
day was finished up by 4 PM. The interviews are very conversational. One is with a medical student and the other with a faculty member/physician. Very laidback day

Anyone else OOS and complete mid-July and haven't heard anything?

Reactions: 4 users
For anyone wondering, the admissions committee meets every other Wednesday and they send out decisions the next day. Their last meeting was on 10/23 and decisions were sent 10/24. Their next meeting is 11/6 and the decisions will be sent 11/7.

Accepted last night; Interviewed 10/16.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted last night!! Interviewed 10/15, good luck to everyone

• Love
When you upload one of your updates to the secondary website and it gives you the green check, that's all you have to do correct? Cause if you hit upload all you won't be able to add a second one, right?

For those who interviewed already, how many other interviewees were there on your day? I was told that it would be around 10 but not sure.

For those who interviewed already, how many other interviewees were there on your day? I was told that it would be around 10 but not sure.

There were seven on my interview. It’s gonna be a very small group