2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those numbers are showing how students who were offered a seat in BSOM's class are withdrawing after choosing other schools. It's of interest to people on the waitlist because (in theory) when enough accepted students decline, the school starts to accept students off of the waitlists. However, schools purposefully accept way more students than they plan to enroll in anticipation of this. I think BSOM is aiming for a class of 130 so basically according to that portal at least 12 more accepted students need to decline before they go to the waitlist.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If someone can post AFTER midnight the number of accepted student on the portal. I wanna see how much the number decreased due to this deadline

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted Students

April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
May 1st: 142 students

I'm surprised that the # is still the same... my first hunch was that maybe WSUBSOM doesn't update students from the portal ASAP but I looked at last year's threads, and they seemed to update every day... I'm not sure why the # of accepted students right now is so LARGE compared to last year. Wishing you all luck for WL movement

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Students

I'm surprised that the # is still the same... my first hunch was that maybe WSUBSOM doesn't update students from the portal ASAP but I looked at last year's threads, and they seemed to update every day... I'm not sure why the # of accepted students right now is so LARGE compared to last year. Wishing you all luck for WL movement
Could just be they won’t update on the weekend.

withdrew my A! hope it goes to one of you all :) gl

Reactions: 2 users
Any changes?
I'll update daily now at 10 am EST since hopefully WL movement should be starting soon:

Accepted Students

May 3rd: 142 students

I'll update daily now at 10 am EST since hopefully WL movement should be starting soon:

Accepted Students

I’m starting to think they just haven’t updated the portal in a while! Someone said they withdrew and the number of students still stayed the same. Hopefully this means that there is still the possibility of movement:) also thank you for doing this @girlydoctor

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Unnamed Person Oh I hope so! This is my last chance at acceptance for this cycle (was ranked middle third of the waitlist) and the thought of going through another cycle makes me want to die :arghh: I need me some massive waitlist movement lol

@Unnamed Person Oh I hope so! This is my last chance at acceptance for this cycle (was ranked middle third of the waitlist) and the thought of going through another cycle makes me want to die :arghh: I need me some massive waitlist movement lol
hoping you get in.🤞

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so happy to hear that so many people are getting accepted! I suspect they're not updating the portal as fast this year (COVID?) since admin is remote. I'll keep checking daily (also throughout today as well) and posting the updated number as soon as they update. I'm so sorry that the portal isn't being updated regularly though, I really hope WL movement happens for you all ASAP - you all got this, don't be freaked out by my daily updates if people are getting accepted (and my number stays the same lol) ! I have so many friends on the WL at other schools and I feel for all of you. ❤️

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted today from waitlist! Choosing between 2 schools now

Reactions: 5 users
If anyone from the middle third is offered an acceptance pls let us know! Give us middle-bottom people some hope lol

Does anyone know how big the wl actually is?
I would absolutely love to know this, but don't think this info is available anywhere publically. They interviewed 430 students for 130 spots. As for the portal, it showed 170 students were accepted (could have been more since ppl may have denied the A before obtaining the portal access). That leaves a hypothetical 260 spots (without calculating in rejections). They do reject post-II but I only heard of 1 on SDN so I cant even estimate that amount

Are the portal numbers still the same? even though we are seeing a little waitlist movement

Are the portal numbers still the same? even though we are seeing a little waitlist movement
The last time they added anyone onto the portal was April 6th, so I know for sure the portal has not been updated yet

The last time they added anyone onto the portal was April 6th, so I know for sure the portal has not been updated yet
I hope that thing updates to 90 students only

And maybe they didn’t want to show the huge drop

Accepted Students

May 4th: 142 students

Sorry y'all... it's still stuck on 142 students... Hoping more individuals get off the WL today though & that the portal gets updated soon!

Haven't been on here in a few days but I withdrew my acceptance and scholarship. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

I know this might not be the place and I did post this in a separate thread but I'm kinda panicking does anyone have information on why/if boonshoft is better than toledo or vice versa? DM me maybe? They give you 5 days to decide once pulled from waitlist

Accepted Students

May 5th: 137 students (no one has been added to portal since 04/06)

Accepted Students

I wonder how it is 137 if they wanted a class of 130 and people have already been accepted from off the waitlist??

I wonder how it is 137 if they wanted a class of 130 and people have already been accepted from off the waitlist??
Accepted Students

The portal lags very far behind, that is why. I know of someone who rejected their acceptance about a week ago that is still listed on the portal. I also know someone who was accepted off the waitlist who is not on the portal. So using the portal to gauge the waitlist in real time seems limited at best.

Withdrew app today. Hope it goes to one of you :)

The portal lags very far behind, that is why. I know of someone who rejected their acceptance about a week ago that is still listed on the portal. I also know someone who was accepted off the waitlist who is not on the portal. So using the portal to gauge the waitlist in real time seems limited at best.
Quite unfortunate since people have been able to gauge waitlist movement from the portal numbers in the past :(

I know this might not be the place and I did post this in a separate thread but I'm kinda panicking does anyone have information on why/if boonshoft is better than toledo or vice versa? DM me maybe? They give you 5 days to decide once pulled from waitlist
I would also like to about this. Any feedback yet?

Did they start pulling from middle third already ?

Accepted Students

May 5th: 137 students
May 7th: 103 students (no one has been added since 04/06)

Accepted Students

May 7th: 103 students (no one has been added since 04/06)
They had an entering class-size of 119 last year, so it looks like room to take more people off of the WL. I do wonder the size of the WL.

Got off WL yesterday! (was in top 1/3). A little worried about housing now. I haven't been accepted into the FB group yet. Does anyone know if people are still looking for roommates?

Last edited:
Accepted Students

April 7th: 170 students
May 7th: 103 students
May 8th: 108 students (+5 students added on 05/07)

I am feeling good about this week! Around what time did people get the emails regarding getting off of the waitlist?

Just accepted off the wait-list about 10 mins ago. Was top third.

All of us middle thirders be like:

Cant Look Season 11 GIF by The Voice

I’m counting on my other schools more now due to my ranking. But Wright State has had the most WL movement ever out of my other school.
They have to send 22+ As to get back to class size so hoping their WL size is small. so maybe they will reach bottom 3rd

I must be at the bottom of the top third because I haven't heard anything. Def not trying to sound ungrateful; im just anxious

• Care