2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who have attended interviews, are they open or closed file? If they are open, do they exclude any information like GPA, MCAT, or your transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Student interview with a med student, or resident is closed file I think.
Faculty interview is open file but they are blinded to gpa and MCAT

Reactions: 1 user
Student interview with a med student, or resident is closed file I think.
Faculty interview is open file but they are blinded to gpa and MCAT

Was it? I'm pretty sure my student interviewer had access to my PS (I remember this for sure cause he asked me a specific question about it) and activities

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was it? I'm pretty sure my student interviewer had access to my PS (I remember this for sure cause he asked me a specific question about it) and activities
You might be right! :) my interviewer didn’t pull it out. I know for sure that both are blinded to MCAT and gpa though!

Im IS still hoping for an II. I sent an ITA to their email for spring break when ill be back in columbus but never got a reply/confirmation, is that normal?

Im IS still hoping for an II. I sent an ITA to their email for spring break when ill be back in columbus but never got a reply/confirmation, is that normal?

I sent an ITA back in January and didn't get a confirmation, but I called the admissions office to check and they got it! If you're not sure, it never hurts to call and check.

II on 2/28 for March 11th. I took the weekend to make a decision and I think that I will withdraw. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from OSU!

Reactions: 8 users
has OSU sent out any pre-ii R's this cycle? absolute dream school here and just wondering if there truly is still a chance for interviewing or if im probably just not going to get that R until they release them all

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when finaid/scholarships come out?

In my notes from interview day, I have that merit based scholarships, the ones that don’t require any additional application, will be selected and given out “maybe 1.5 months after your acceptance, given on a rolling basis” and go from “partial up to instate tuition cost”. Take my notes w a grain of salt haha

Does anyone know when the last interview day is this cycle? In state applicant really hoping for an II.

From my notes I have that a separate scholarship committee meets in the spring. and that the school has enough merit-only funding for 20 full rides split up however the scholarship group decides (40 half-rides, etc)

Last edited:
From my notes I have that a separate scholarship committee meets in the spring. and that the school has enough merit-only funding for 20 full rides and 20 half rides split up however the scholarship group decides (25 - 75% rides, etc)
I'll update this to say that at my interview day we were told (on Monday) that they have funds for 20 full in-state tuition equivalents. So that would be 40 half scholarships, or 20 full scholarships, or any distribution in between.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email giving an update about scholarships a few days ago so I’m thinking we’ll probably hear pretty soon!

If our decision is deferred, when is the latest we could hear from them?

If our decision is deferred, when is the latest we could hear from them?

I was not ultimately accepted after being deferred until the end of June. I know that there were a few people who were accepted throughout July. My guess is that the numbers that are accepted that far into the summer are not high, but it is theoretically a possibility to be accepted all the way up until August!

I was not ultimately accepted after being deferred until the end of June. I know that there were a few people who were accepted throughout July. My guess is that the numbers that are accepted that far into the summer are not high, but it is theoretically a possibility to be accepted all the way up until August!

That sounds like a waitlist, then. What’s the difference here.

That sounds like a waitlist, then. What’s the difference here.

The difference is only in name. It is a deferred list until May 1, when it becomes a waitlist. Other than that there is no difference. I don't believe my status changed in vitals until I was accepted so they are essentially one and the same.

interviewed 2/24 and osu just updated my amcas portal!

Just got a call from admissions... They're canceling 3/11 interviews due to the school being on lockdown (Corona) and will instead have a remote interview tomorrow. Hopefully anyone that has hotels/flights booked can get a refund!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Does any one know if they've cancelled second look? I was trying to register on the portal but didn't see anything under the evaluations tab.

Alright guys, about interviews... still waiting for an II (IS, LM 74) OSU is cancelling their on campus classes till March 30th, so that probably means the COM won't be sending II's until then either. At least that's my opinion, anyone agree?

Alright guys, about interviews... still waiting for an II (IS, LM 74) OSU is cancelling their on campus classes till March 30th, so that probably means the COM won't be sending II's until then either. At least that's my opinion, anyone agree?
They are doing interviews over skype so I doubt they will postpone till April.

If anyone is comfortable sharing, how much is the scholarship that uve gotten? (Maybe thru pm?) I know it varies but just to get an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does any one know if they've cancelled second look? I was trying to register on the portal but didn't see anything under the evaluations tab.

I'm signed up but haven't received any information about cancellations... :/

If anyone is comfortable sharing, how much is the scholarship that uve gotten? (Maybe thru pm?) I know it varies but just to get an idea

Do you know that people have gotten some scholarships? It looks like the last few years people were first notified of merit scholarships around Aprilish

Do you know that people have gotten some scholarships? It looks like the last few years people were first notified of merit scholarships around Aprilish

They told me when I interviewed in feb that they expect to give scholarships on a rolling basis and that we should hear about 1.5 months after our interview, or April and afterward if not. I asked the question assuming people from accepted from Jan and before might have heard back.

Interviewed here recently and was wondering if decisions are still being delivered on the day they told us at the interview? Given everything with corona and the lockdown, I was curious if they're still on track.

Interviewed here recently and was wondering if decisions are still being delivered on the day they told us at the interview? Given everything with corona and the lockdown, I was curious if they're still on track.

Just emailed admissions today and they said there should be no delay in admission decisions.

Does anyone know how many interview dates are left/which days of the week they interview?

Interviews traditionally go until the end of March on each Monday and Wednesday, though it seems the remainder will take place online.

I interviewed on 2/19 and got deferred 3/10. Anyone else interview on that day? Curious if admissions might be slowed because of the virus... Crossing my fingers to get off the waitlist!

I interviewed on 2/19 and got deferred 3/10. Anyone else interview on that day? Curious if admissions might be slowed because of the virus... Crossing my fingers to get off the waitlist!

I interviewed on 3/11 and I was still given a decision date on 3/24, so it doesn’t appear to be slowed.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if decisions always show up a few hours before the email or call does? It seems like some people were saying they saw their decision on Vitals or the AMCAS tool the night before.

Does anyone know if decisions always show up a few hours before the email or call does? It seems like some people were saying they saw their decision on Vitals or the AMCAS tool the night before.
My portal updated at like 5am and I didn’t get a call until around 1:30pm!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if second look day will be moved to a more virtual event? Or has it been cancelled entirely?

Also, good luck to everyone hearing back today!

Deferred this morning. Interviewed 3/11. Do they reject anyone post interview?

Does anyone know if second look day will be moved to a more virtual event? Or has it been cancelled entirely?

It has been cancelled entirely to my knowledge. When they notified me, they did not indicate that there would be a virtual event.

Hey! I'm a current M1, and from what I have heard second look is cancelled entirely but there may be something being put together to give prospective students more information on OSUCOM.

On that same note, if anyone on this forum who has been accepted (or deferred!) has questions about the school, the curriculum, Columbus, or the deferred process (I was deferred for 4 months), please feel free to ask them! I am happy to respond in the thread or to any PM!

Hey guys I got a notification that my financial aid won’t be processed until May??? Is that typical or is it just because I was interviewed/accepted so late? I mean if that’s the case I’ll be making a decision without knowing my financial aid which seems...insane lol

Hey guys I got a notification that my financial aid won’t be processed until May??? Is that typical or is it just because I was interviewed/accepted so late? I mean if that’s the case I’ll be making a decision without knowing my financial aid which seems...insane lol

did you submit your FASFA by the deadline?