2019-2020 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's weird, I was told 200 during my interview and I was near the end of the cycle, but because of the new acceptance/waitlist rules last year the numbers might not match.
Yah that is strange, but MSAR also says 160 so not sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WL :( interviewed 02/21

Don’t lose hope! I recently interviewed and they told us that mostly everyone is being waitlisted at this point because of the amount of acceptances they’ve already sent. Waitlist movement will occur around end of April/beginning of May so don’t give up!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Don’t lose hope! I recently interviewed and they told us that mostly everyone is being waitlisted at this point because of the amount of acceptances they’ve already sent. Waitlist movement will occur around end of April/beginning of May so don’t give up!

Absolutely agree to this! Don't give up hope fam

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
For any of the current students or people that know about the past class profiles, did they have a decent amount of applicants that interviewed in January/February that came off of the waitlist?

I asked about the WL movement when I interviewed and I was told it DOES NOT happen in reverse (although from looking at previous threads it seems that way). The dean of admissions said each applicant has score and they go by that score when deciding who gets accepted from the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
I asked about the WL movement when I interviewed and I was told it DOES NOT happen in reverse (although from looking at previous threads it seems that way). The dean of admissions said each applicant has score and they go by that score when deciding who gets accepted from the waitlist.

But if you think about it, those who interviewed earlier in the cycle are more favorable (early interviews means better applications) so they would in theory have a higher score. So it makes sense that while those at the end of the cycle could top those from early interviews, it's less likely.

Hello everyone,

I got an interview invite in Mid-February. As a Florida resident I am beyond ecstatic. Im scheduled for the first week in April and they stated in my email that the final interview date is April 13th. I've seen several people on this forum who were accepted late in the cycle, how should I approach the interview considering I will be one of the last? I would definitely consider the bridge program if not chosen, if this something I should emphasize?

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone,

I got an interview invite in Mid-February. As a Florida resident I am beyond ecstatic. Im scheduled for the first week in April and they stated in my email that the final interview date is April 13th. I've seen several people on this forum who were accepted late in the cycle, how should I approach the interview considering I will be one of the last? I would definitely consider the bridge program if not chosen, if this something I should emphasize?

Approach it like this was the first interview given! If you walk into it thinking you're waiting to get waitlisted (more than likely to happen) it could make you not give it your all which would suck. Just talk to your strengths and how you can improve their mission! I've mentioned this before, close to a third of my class are from the wait-list (Feb-April) so you're not at a disadvantage at all.

Feel free to message me if you have Qs since I was in your shoes lol.

Hi! I interviewed on 2/17 and was accepted on 2/25. Waitlist movement usually happens in reverse (people that interview and are WL in April have higher movement than people that get WL in December/January). When I interviewed on 2/17 I was told that there are still quite a bit of seats and that out of 300 interviews last year they extended 160 acceptances. 2 other people that I interviewed with were also accepted on 2/25 - So there are seats! Have hope. Best of luck everyone!
Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind?

Anyone inquire to see if second look is still happening? Not sure if the medical students were part of the student body that were told to go home and stay home until April

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they said they will update us soon about second look, they are trying to determine what the plan is right now.

They moved the rest of the interviews to online video chat interviews. :(

Is anyone else concerned that covid may effect the start of classes considering they were scheduled at the end of May?

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else concerned that covid may effect the start of classes considering they were scheduled at the end of May?
I was thinking the same, but only time will tell to be honest. The virus doesn't appear to be slowing down any time soon.

Pre II rejection couple days ago after sending a Letter of interest. Although I applied late, I thought my stats were okay enough to get an II here. Disappointed!! Good luck to you all

• Sad
Hi everyone, does anyone know when waitlist movement usually occurs? And does FSU have a ranked waitlist?

Hi everyone, does anyone know when waitlist movement usually occurs? And does FSU have a ranked waitlist?

I believe May 1st was when waitlist movement began because of the new AMCAS rules last year.

I don't know about ranked waitlists but there's a scoring method to applicants on the waitlist, so that could lead to some sort of ranking but don't quote me on that lol.

I believe May 1st was when waitlist movement began because of the new AMCAS rules last year.

I don't know about ranked waitlists but there's a scoring method to applicants on the waitlist, so that could lead to some sort of ranking but don't quote me on that lol.
Thank you!

In regards to this, I found a recent article published by FSU stating summer sessions would be remote (Dated March 23rd, 2020). See here below.

I reached out to FSU College of Medicine and they said a decision hasn't been made regarding our start date and to please keep an eye out for emails regarding possible changes.

Hopefully we will find out more soon!

In regards to this, I found a recent article published by FSU stating summer sessions would be remote (Dated March 23rd, 2020). See here below.

I reached out to FSU College of Medicine and they said a decision hasn't been made regarding our start date and to please keep an eye out for emails regarding possible changes.

Hopefully we will find out more soon!
I saw that too, so far it seems like they want to stay on schedule if possible. Hoping if they do delay it, then they will just push it back a few weeks, not skip the entire semester. Still 2 months out from a start, hopefully, things go in a good direction over that time!

I was just accepted off the waitlist!!! I was WL a few weeks ago. Don’t lose hope!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on being taken off waitlist @doctor.dreams and @FutureDrAngel!

Question for everyone -- doesn't WL movement usually happen at the end of April/beginning of May? Do you guys think movement is happening early because of COVID-19?

Congrats on being taken off waitlist @doctor.dreams and @FutureDrAngel!

Question for everyone -- doesn't WL movement usually happen at the end of April/beginning of May? Do you guys think movement is happening early because of COVID-19?
Thank you! Yeah, I was not expecting to see any movement this early. Based on the threads for the past 3 years, the earliest I saw was April 30th. So it may be due to COVID19, but who knows...

Hello, I am new here and have a few questions for you all to please answer, if possible.
I interviewed in January and was waitlisted. I intended on submitting an update letter during the second week of April.
1. Should I go ahead and send in an update letter now, after seeing that the waitlist is already moving?
2. Does anyone know if the waitlist has moved all it's going to move or will others be accepted from it in the coming days?
3. I wonder if the Bridge program selection will also be moved up, due to COVID-19...hmm

If I were you, I would send it sooner than later. I would assume it would be good because that may bring your name/file to their attention and they may consider moving you off the waitlist earlier than they would have before. That is all speculation, but that is what I would do. Make sure its a good update! @PremedWithQuestions

For the accepted students here, how long did it take for you guys to access the acceptance package website? It has been over 24hrs for me and I still can't log in..

Is there a Facebook group for the class of 2024 yet?

Are they waitlisting everyone who interviewed in late March/April? Are they still doing interviews?

Anyone know when the admissions committee meets/will meet leading up to April 30th? I know they have a committee meeting for Bridge, I was just curious if they do a meeting to assess things going into the end of the month/beginning of May for the waitlist in general.