2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bottom third. OOS with no ties to Ohio. Interviewed in Oct. I saw in previous years they reached bottom 3rd. But Idk anyone else can relate or is thinking about withdrawing from WL completely

Members don't see this ad.

Received my email less than 40 minutes ago and I am in the Top Third. Interviewed 1/27 and they told me I was interviewing for a WL position. Do they waitlist everyone who interviewed and did not get an outright A or have there been post-II Rs?

Edit: OOS with no ties to Ohio

Last edited:
Anyone else receive the “strong rating”/“we expect you will be very high on our alternate list” email but get put on the middle third of the waitlist? Just a little disappointing

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long the waitlist is or have a rough idea of how many are in each third?

Top third. From what I've seen in past years they usually get through the top third and some of the middle third. Not sure how much movement we should see until May 1st though.

"It is very important that you keep us informed of your current address and phone number between now and the beginning of our academic year. If we are unable to reach you quickly, your opportunity for admission will be offered to the next individual on the list." ----does anyone know what exactly this means? Like if they call and I don't answer do they just immediately pick the next person?
I'm no authority on this but I'm almost positive they would allot you some amount of time to respond--maybe 24 or 48 hours, from when they call/email. They're not just flying through their WL offering spots to whoever picks up first lol

Reactions: 1 user
Received my email less than 40 minutes ago and I am in the Top Third. Interviewed 1/27 and they told me I was interviewing for a WL position. Do they waitlist everyone who interviewed and did not get an outright A or have there been post-II Rs?

Edit: OOS with no ties to Ohio
There has been post-II Rs but definitely more people getting WL than rejected.

do you think it would be frowned upon to ask what part of the third you are in? I am in the middle third and saw that in previous years they go into the middle third and even the bottom third so wanted to know what part of it I am in

Has anyone heard of any Second look activities planned?
also wondering this. searched up WSU boonshoft second look and last year it was 24-25th april. haven't gotten any emails recently from them though.

anyone receive scholarship info yet?

Last edited:
also wondering this. searched up WSU boonshoft second look and last year it was 24-25th april. haven't gotten any emails recently from them though.

I haven't as of yet (referring to scholarship info)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently on the waitlist here but just got an email from the office of financial aid talking about my FAFSA and how I am “a new student at Wright State..”. Is this just a generic email saying they received my FAFSA??

I got a merit scholarship offer exactly a week ago. I forgot to post about it, though.

Reactions: 1 users
I got a merit scholarship offer exactly a week ago. I forgot to post about it, though

Congrats! how were you notified of this? (terrified I'm missing something in the wright state email that i don't check regularly)

Congrats! how were you notified of this? (terrified I'm missing something in the wright state email that i don't check regularly)
They emailed my wright state email but also CCed the email I used for my AAMC application

Does Wright St accept updates/letters of interest?

Does Wright St accept updates/letters of interest?
I’m assuming you’re on the WL? In the waitlist email, it says sending letters will not change your numerical score/ranking so you could send it but it wouldn’t necessarily help. If you’re waiting to receive an II, I would confirm if they are still conducting interviews because if not, once again, a letter wouldn’t necessarily help.

Has anyone seen any waitlist movement? I know we shouldn't expect much of anything until April 15th and May 1st. Or has the number of accepted students in the accepted students portal changed?

Has anyone seen any waitlist movement? I know we shouldn't expect much of anything until April 15th and May 1st. Or has the number of accepted students in the accepted students portal changed?
accepted students, we can start tracking these changes through BAMS! last year on SDN, they did something similar. just make sure to update every week with the number change.

April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)

Any WL movement ? And does anyone know how many ppl are on there WL?

April 14th: 167 students

@beautymd22 - waitlist movement typically starts occurring after the PTE/CTE deadlines approach

Reactions: 2 users

@beautymd22 - waitlist movement typically starts occurring after the PTE/CTE deadlines approach
ive been seeing WL movement start already for other schools due to aamc traffic dates approaching. Tommorow, April 15th is the day that applicants drop multiple MD acceptances down to 3 and then April 30th is when its drop to 1. I just expected BSOM to have started already but well see

any update on the number of people on the waitlist?

Accepted Students

April 19th: 147 students

Reactions: 3 users
are all accepted students planning to live in ashton brooke? or are some ppl going to look at other places??

Isn’t their first year class size 118?
Look at last year's thread - it seems like a lot of people drop between Apr 15 - Apr 30 (makes sense, since Apr 30 is CTE day)
Their class size has hovered around 110-120 each year

I think their class has 130 seats per their waitlist email... “At this time, all 130 available places in our entering class have been accepted and confirmed.”
So they're done with this year? anyone not offered at this point is declined?

So they're done with this year? anyone not offered at this point is declined?
No that is not the case. Bc the next sentence reads “Your name has been placed on our waitlist for consideration if any openings occur prior to the beginning of classes on July 19, 2020”. confirmed doesn’t necessarily mean finalized CTE they prob just paid the deposit fee to secure there spot

withdrawing my acceptance from Boonshoft. good luck to all you!! 🖤

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted Students

April 27th: 142 students

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted Students

April 27th: 142 students
Apologies in advance for being a bit ignorant about this whole process :) What does this mean exactly?

Apologies in advance for being a bit ignorant about this whole process :) What does this mean exactly?
Those numbers are showing how students who were offered a seat in BSOM's class are withdrawing after choosing other schools. It's of interest to people on the waitlist because (in theory) when enough accepted students decline, the school starts to accept students off of the waitlists. However, schools purposefully accept way more students than they plan to enroll in anticipation of this. I think BSOM is aiming for a class of 130 so basically according to that portal at least 12 more accepted students need to decline before they go to the waitlist.