2019-2020 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting on II :/
marked complete 7/12
Don’t lose hope, it took about a month for me to get mine. And I’m sure they’ve got tons of applications to go through right now so maybe they’re moving slower

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who received II, when was your file marked complete and how long was it until you got your II? My file was marked complete yesterday, 7/16, and I'm just curious as to when I would hear back. Thanks
Everyone getting IIs today. When did you guys submit your secondary?
Application received on 6/20; secondary submitted/ received and application complete on 6/28; II on 7/24

Status page is down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do DO schools look at subsection scores or do they just look at the overall score?

Do DO schools look at subsection scores or do they just look at the overall score?
So it depends! Some DO schools want a minimum percentage per section while others have an overall score cut-off! I would suggest checking out the MCAT requirements for each school you're planning on applying to beforehand! Typically their websites have this info but calling is also an option!!

So it depends! Some DO schools want a minimum percentage per section while others have an overall score cut-off! I would suggest checking out the MCAT requirements for each school you're planning on applying to beforehand! Typically their websites have this info but calling is also an option!!
Thank you!!

about to submit my secondary, hope i'm not too late for OOS :(

Did anyone get an interview confirmation email with an attachment that needs to be signed? On this attachment it has a spot for a "witness" to sign. Who exactly is this lol?

Did anyone get an interview confirmation email with an attachment that needs to be signed? On this attachment it has a spot for a "witness" to sign. Who exactly is this lol?

Yeah I got that email. Maybe we need a notary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine has been doing the same for almost a week. For some reason, the status page is down.
Ah I see. I received an II from UIWSOM so my portal automatically opens up to the interview tab. However, I just tried the status tab and it gave me an error notice. I say that if it isn't fixed by tomorrow afternoon, either try emailing or calling admissions!

Yeah I got that email. Maybe we need a notary?
They said extra copies will be available the day of interview. Someone there will probably be able to be a witness.
Any idea why that was sent to you guys? I did not receive anything that mentioned something to be signed when I received my II

Any idea why that was sent to you guys? I did not receive anything that mentioned something to be signed when I received my II
Neither did I! It's good to know they'll have copies at the interview then hopefully this email was just to get a head start!

Neither did I! It's good to know they'll have copies at the interview then hopefully this email was just to get a head start!
I'd like to know what this attachment says :shrug:

I received the form when they sent an email 1 week before my interview date with more details on the interview, not in the initial invite email.

Reactions: 1 users
I received the form when they sent an email 1 week before my interview date with more details on the interview, not in the initial invite email.
Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification.

Anyone else interviewing Saturday? How is everyone preparing for the MMI?

Hey guys anybody else get an Error 500 when they click on the status of their application in the microsite? I’m wondering what’s wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys anybody else get an Error 500 when they click on the status of their application in the microsite? I’m wondering what’s wrong.
I've had this issue for the past few days.. I emailed them today about it but haven't heard back yet.

The "status" tab looks to be working again.

Reactions: 1 users
II! by email Complete 7/01. In state app.

Anyone on here interviewing tomorrow?

I’m kinda nervous for the mmi. I’ve been sitting in my room at the La Quinta practicing for the last couple hours.

I’m kinda nervous for the mmi. I’ve been sitting in my room at the La Quinta practicing for the last couple hours.
I interviewed there today, and I honestly was super nervous going in. But everyone is really really kind and I ended up having a lot of fun. So I know you’ve gotten this advice before, but do try to have fun. :) y’all will do great!

Interviewed today. Everyone was very friendly and the entire process was very comfortable. I could tell some of the applicants were put off by the area as it's a decommissioned airforce base that was repurposed and the area is in a underserved area. The Dean's words of "if you want to talk the talk then walk the walk" really resonated with me. Being a newer unproven school, there is that to consider but overall loved their message and community outreach. Looking forward to hearing back!

Reactions: 8 users
Interview just now too. In state. 4.0 GPA undergrad, 4.0 graduate GPA, 496 MCAT.

II OOS Complete 6/20 - for all those that were complete early don't be discouraged!

Wow they are sending II out much later than other schools, I was starting to get very nervous that I got rejected already!