2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted.
Congratulations!! Were you accepted off the waitlist or post-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is this school done interviewing?
According to previous years’ threads they notify applicants by email when they are done interviewing, which I don’t think they have done so yet this year… maybe there is still some hope!

is this school done interviewing?
Last year I got an interview invite around early March and interviewed around the 23rd. The last group that interviewed as far as I'm aware was early April.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a waitlist remains active email today

still hoping to get off that interview waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone here been pulled off waitlist? Their FB group keeps growing!

Interviewing tomorrow! Anyone have any last minute advice?

did you get an interview today?? If so, mind sharing stats?
Hello! I interviewed Friday the 25th. I received an II the last week of February and this was the earliest date. 3.5 uGPA with a 4.0 masters certificate. 500 MCAT

Is there still waitlist movement? Asking for a friend :) Also unrelated but y'all will definitely get accepted with a 500-504 MCAT. I had a 502 and several acceptances back in 2020.

Is there still waitlist movement? Asking for a friend :) Also unrelated but y'all will definitely get accepted with a 500-504 MCAT. I had a 502 and several acceptances back in 2020.
Haven’t seen any movement yet but would love some!

• Care
Looking at last year's thread, looks like movement doesn't really start till May, specifically the second week. BUT, hopefully that is different this year. :)

• Love
Looking at last year's thread, looks like movement doesn't really start till May, specifically the second week. BUT, hopefully that is different this year. :)
*patiently counting down the days until May 1st*

For those of you waitlisted, what are yalls plans? Are yall reapplying or going to take a gap year if you don't get off the waitlist?

For those of you waitlisted, what are yalls plans? Are yall reapplying or going to take a gap year if you don't get off the waitlist?
I have an acceptance elsewhere, but UIWSOM is my top choice as it is 20 mins from home. I'll wait till mid-April to see if there is any movement, if not, I'll fully commit to the other school.

Have an acceptance elsewhere. I’m waiting until late May to hear back from uiwsom until I fully commit to the other school and finalize housing options.

waiting to hear back from another school. If all else fails, then reapply (early this time) and continue work/activities and retake the MCAT. Hopefully not though, fingers crossed to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email 2/24 stating that my app is being reviewed and still being considered but due to limited interview space they are unable to extend an invitation at this time. I want to send an LOI but I can't seem to find where to send it. Also, What are my chances of an Interview invite at this point? MCAT 1: 499 MCAT 2: 497 (I know lol) GPA: 3.4

Waitlisted. Interviewed 3/25. Praying for waitlisted movement 🙏

• Care
I got an email 2/24 stating that my app is being reviewed and still being considered but due to limited interview space they are unable to extend an invitation at this time. I want to send an LOI but I can't seem to find where to send it. Also, What are my chances of an Interview invite at this point? MCAT 1: 499 MCAT 2: 497 (I know lol) GPA: 3.4
i got the same email back in Nov. Never got an II. Not sure how many interviews are left

Interview Invite 4/5 i have no idea how I got it this late in the game lmfao. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Received interview 4/5. This school is my top choice, but I understand they do rolling admissions. Is it likely the class is already full and they are just interviewing for waitlist spots?

Received interview 4/5. This school is my top choice, but I understand they do rolling admissions. Is it likely the class is already full and they are just interviewing for waitlist spots?
As of my interview on 3/25, we were informed that the class was full and that we would be considered for the waitlist. Apparently, we should see lots of waitlist movement by May is what we were told!

if any year 1 students are checking this post can you please let me know if the year one curriculum included a microbial pathogenesis course or was that year 2? and if so which textbook does the class require

Don't give up hope just yet, I interviewed 3/25 as well and received an acceptance offer on 4/5. There is still time before class starts and a lot can happen before then.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know how I can help myself get off the waitlist? I sent a LOI after being waitlisted and it was added to my file. Would a letter of support from a physician I work with help, or would that not be accepted? Don't want to come off as too pushy.

Just received an offer of admission off of the waitlist 😃

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just received an offer of admission off of the waitlist 😃
If anyone is wondering:
Tx Resident (Fort Worth) - Reapplicant
Mcat: 510
uGPA: 3.71 in Chemical Biosciences from OU
5 years shadowing and 2 years volunteering while in college
Graduating from UNTHSC Masters of Science program in May
Interviewed: 1/13
Waitlisted: 1/24
Accepted: 4/13

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So are the late interviews coming in now just for waitlist positions? Has this already been confirmed for sure?

So are the late interviews coming in now just for waitlist positions? Has this already been confirmed for sure?
I was offered an interview on 12/20 and was told the class was full on 1/24 when I was offered a spot on the waitlist

I received an II today! Shocked but elated! 501, 3.47uGPA, Texas resident, Non-URM, non-traditional.

I think I saw someone who interviewed in late March & got accepted, never going on the WL #546
I saw that, but there was also a post in this thread that said they spoke to someone official sounding and that they said these late interviews are just for waitlist spots

I saw that, but there was also a post in this thread that said they spoke to someone official sounding and that they said these late interviews are just for waitlist spots
"they spoke to someone official sounding"
I believe the person who said they got in :)

Reactions: 2 users
"they spoke to someone official sounding"
I believe the person who said they got in :)
When I interviewed 3/25, I asked specifically if it was for a spot in the program or on the WL. Our whole interview group was told that the program was full and that it was for a position on the WL. However, my first email from them since the interview was an acceptance. I'm not sure how the spot opened up but I wasn't ever placed on the WL.