2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! What time did you get a call?
Thank you! And I got the call yesterday at like noon-ish west coast time

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone on the waitlist receiving emails about their Preview day and summer events for the next year/cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its making me feel as though theyve already decided that im gonna need to reapply lol
Don’t think that way! We’ve got some time. Praying for all of us! ❤️

• Care
Waitlist remains active e-mail just received again. 😕

Does anyone know of waitlisted applicants in previous cycles who sent a letter of intent but didn't get accepted? Just wondering if they even read those letters

Does this school reject anyone post interview or is everyone pretty much just accepted or waitlisted?

Does this school reject anyone post interview or is everyone pretty much just accepted or waitlisted?
I know of people who interviewed this year and got rejected. So I’m definitely seeing being waitlisted as more of a positive thing. There’s still hope for us 🙏🏻

Hopefully there will be some movement in the coming week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A yesterday, I’m going to decline it. Hopefully it goes to one of y’all good luck and stay hopeful!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there's a groupme for accepted students and how many people are in it?

Accepted today. Can hardly believe it's real. I was an April interviewer and felt all was lost at the start of June. I was emailed that the waitlist remains active just four days ago, All is well! Do not lose hope.
Interviewed: 4/11/22
Waitlisted: 4/27/22
Accepted: 6/6/22

Reactions: 5 users
Is there a certain time in the day in which they are more likely to call?

When does movement stop? And why are so many people giving up their spots here?

The uiwsom class of 2026 fb group has 160 members including 2 moderators. Maybe it's over:(

• Sad
The uiwsom class of 2026 fb group has 160 members including 2 moderators. Maybe it's over:(
Its also a possibility that people are still in the group and have accepted a spot somewhere else and haven't removed themselves. Hopefully....

Reactions: 1 users
When does movement stop? And why are so many people giving up their spots here?
Movement can last til the start of classes. I know people who were pulled off the waitlist a week before classes started last year so you never know.

Why are people giving up their spots so easily at this school? Does this school have some red flags?

Why are people giving up their spots so easily at this school? Does this school have some red flags?
I think you are making a lot of assumptions, @DeepValue.
Many of the people leaving their seats have been on the WL for so many months that they have in the meantime been accepted to other schools - either schools closer to home or schools where they will have a lower cost of attendance.

I GOT THE CALL!!! I was accepted just right now!! My heart is racing!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Been on the waitlist since last year, sent a few letters of intent already, and withdrawing my waitlist spot. They just don't want me lol. Good luck to you all!

• Care
Withdrawing my spot as well. COMLEX pass rates seem to be alarmingly low

• Care
FB group is at 160 so that’s a full class, right? No more movement anyways, right?

There could still be movement! We had people get accepted during the summer, with the latest being a week before orientation. Also, I recommend looking into our MBS program if not accepted this cycle!

I got an acceptance email on Thursday :) I interviewed around the last batch in April. I’ll decide b/w this one or KCUCOM.. tough decision for me.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an acceptance email on Thursday :) I interviewed around the last batch in April. I’ll decide b/w this one or KCUCOM.. tough decision for me.
I went to KCU MBS program and ended up choosing UIWSOM. Both are very different learning styles so pick the one that best fits you!

Got accepted off the waitlist today!!! Surreal amount of emotions. Thank you to everyone in this thread who helped answer questions. Good luck to everyone, don't give up!

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any current students who'd be willing to answer some questions privately? Thank you!