2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can a current student please post the match results when they come in? Many of us are waiting anxiously and would like to know ASAP, rather than waiting for UIWSOM to post the data. Thank ya

Reactions: 1 user
Do those already with their EMT cert still have to do (and pay for) the EMT portion of the curriculum? I'm due to renew mine this year, but don't know if I should...

As far as I know, the cost is built into tuition. Some of my classmates who already had certifications didn’t have to redo the class, but they handle it on a case by case basis

Members don't see this ad :)
Can a current student please post the match results when they come in? Many of us are waiting anxiously and would like to know ASAP, rather than waiting for UIWSOM to post the data. Thank ya

I personally know 5 forth years who matched, and one of my SIGS members knows some ppl who matched too. We’ll know more on Friday. Admin adjusted our class schedule to we can watch the match day festivities and so faculty can participate.

I’ve been on pre II hold for 3 months now. Does anyone know if they are still sending interview invites?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what percentage of students are post interview waitlisted or how likely it is to get accepted off post interview waitlist.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I personally know 5 forth years who matched, and one of my SIGS members knows some ppl who matched too. We’ll know more on Friday. Admin adjusted our class schedule to we can watch the match day festivities and so faculty can participate.

Okay great, thanks for the reply. I’ve seen some very dedicated and kind SDN’rs actually type out (or attach an image) with the complete match list in the past on other forums; we are all hoping for something like that 👍

Okay great, thanks for the reply. I’ve seen some very dedicated and kind SDN’rs actually type out (or attach an image) with the complete match list in the past on other forums; we are all hoping for something like that

Dr. Timoney, our career counselor, will probably do this once everything dies down. He just finished a zoom series regarding the match stats for DOs in various specialties last week, so he’s pretty invested in making sure we’re all prepared for residency application season when it rolls around.

Does anyone know what percentage of students are post interview waitlisted or how likely it is to get accepted off post interview waitlist.
For what it’s worth ... I was waitlisted last year and never got an acceptance. WL this year also.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
any waitlist movement yet? was looking at last years thread and saw some movement began late feb.

Anybody that interviewed on March 1st has heard anything yet?

Submitted my secondary on 3/8 and received an interview invite on 3/11. My interview is set for 3/26. On the interview invite email it said that we may be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist...does that mean the class is already full? Has anyone else that has interviewed relatively recently gotten an acceptance, or has a majority of it been waitlist? Also how long do they take to get back to you on their decision?

Any advice for the interview? This is my first MMI so I'm terrified

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick update for those wondering about matches. It was mostly FM/IM. About 5 OB/GYN, about 5 peds, a couple anesthesiology, a few gen surgery, 1 vascular surgery * at Mayo, 1 pathology, 1 neuro disability* 2 EM, 3 psych and 2 PMR. This is only the people who chose to participate in the virtual match day. We’re expecting a list of the official data sometime in the summer, but admin hasn’t confirmed when or if this will happen. Hope this helps!

*this is probably gonna get edited a lot as I remember more

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Crying. Was on 4 waitlists and got my last decision today (UIWSOM). I got in! Good luck to everyone and please hang on tight. I believe in you all!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hi everyone, I interview on 3/26 and wanted to know how we're supposed to dress for the Q&A session that they have the Monday before the interview?? Should I wear interview attire or regular business casual clothes?

Last update
- 93% match rate for the inaugural class
- Correction from my last post: The vascular surgery match was at USF Morsani in FL. The Mayo Clinic match was for FM.
- No one applied to neuro surgery, neuro, ophtho, or ENT
- These numbers also include the 8 people that did the military residency match
IMG_9999.JPG

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Last update
- Correction from my last post: The vascular surgery match was at USF Morsani in FL. The Mayo Clinic match was for FM.
View attachment 333091
Thank you so much for this info !!! Big congrats to the inaugural class !

Last update
View attachment 333091
I'm a 3rd year, I was told by one of attendings on my current rotation that around 40 members of the inaugural class didn't match? The PDF Dr. Timoney sent out doesn't state how many 4th years applied so I'm not sure if this is accurate or not.

I'm a 3rd year, I was told by one of attendings on my current rotation that around 40 members of the inaugural class didn't match? The PDF Dr. Timoney sent out doesn't state how many 4th years applied so I'm not sure if this is accurate or not.
Us first years were actually talking about a similar topic this morning. We came to the conclusion that some who didn't match in one specialty matched in their back up, so they were technically counted as they didn't match to the first speciality or SOAPed sometime this week. Honestly, idk and everything is gonna be different starting with my class with the whole pass/fail level 1 and step 1, so I'm not gonna stress it at the moment.

For those who have sent a letter of intent, who did you address the letter to? I am unsure between the Associate Dean of Admissions & Student Affairs or Director of Admissions & Recruitment...

Last edited:
For those who have sent a letter of intent, who did you address the letter to? I am unsure between the Associate Dean of Admissions & Student Affairs or Director of Admissions & Recruitment...
I didn't send a LOI, but I'd personally send it to the director of admissions

Submitted my secondary on 3/8 and received an interview invite on 3/11. My interview is set for 3/26. On the interview invite email it said that we may be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist...does that mean the class is already full? Has anyone else that has interviewed relatively recently gotten an acceptance, or has a majority of it been waitlist? Also how long do they take to get back to you on their decision?

Any advice for the interview? This is my first MMI so I'm terrified
Close to 3 weeks. Not sure about class being full! Advice-wise: I felt the same way; I only had 1 MMI and I thought I'd be screwed, as I signed up for the next available spot just 3 days prior (and had an in person interview, so I was travelling for much of the weekend). I lightly watched some YT vids the night before with MMI situations and practiced out loud (ie: pause it after the situation and think AND practice out loud how you would respond. Time yourself a few times) a few times before the interview. I know it seems nerve wracking, but take a few deep, deep breaths before responding if you have to. I think you will find it a lot less stressful/scary once you're there. Have fun and- as everyone says (but for real)- BE YOURSELF!

How long do you recommend I wait until I send a letter of intent? I was waitlisted last week.

• Hmm
Does anyone, anyone at all, have any insight on waitlist movement at this time? getting nerrvousssssss! :(
According to last year’s thread it didn’t start until late April- though I would be surprised if it started earlier due to COVID. But I saw there was movement all the way through June so DON’T lose hope! We got this !

• Care
Idk where else to ask this but if you could choose between KCU-COM or UIW, which one would it be and why?

Just interviewed recently and I feel pretty good. A little bummed out that it might be for a waitlist spot. Has anyone that recently interviewed gotten an A, or have most of them been waitlists?

Just interviewed recently and I feel pretty good. A little bummed out that it might be for a waitlist spot. Has anyone that recently interviewed gotten an A, or have most of them been waitlists?
Glad to hear it went well! If March 1st counts as recent- then yes. Hang in there! The interview is over now, go and live your life!! Hope you get good news in 2-3 weeks

• Love
I believe they still have 1 or 2 more interview dates, but I think they are all for waitlist spots.

I'm scared. I applied too late and I got secondary application but my GPA isn't too good due to tough undergrad situation. I haven't gotten any reply back yet on whether I would get an interview, I would take even the waitlist spot. I should have applied sooner but it's too late now. :'(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm scared. I applied too late and I got secondary application but my GPA isn't too good due to tough undergrad situation. I haven't gotten any reply back yet on whether I would get an interview, I would take even the waitlist spot. I should have applied sooner but it's too late now. :'(
This is a tough process. This is my second cycle and I’m on three waitlists. If I don’t get in I’ll have to better my app and reapply. Just learn from your mistakes and try again. It’s expensive but I think the pay off will make it worth it. The new cycle is almost here. Good luck to you! Work hard, keep your head up and make it happen!

This is a tough process. This is my second cycle and I’m on three waitlists. If I don’t get in I’ll have to better my app and reapply. Just learn from your mistakes and try again. It’s expensive but I think the pay off will make it worth it. The new cycle is almost here. Good luck to you! Work hard, keep your head up and make it happen!
Can I ask your stat range? I'm not sure if they still have interviews left, but I'm afraid to email them since I feel like it makes me sound demanding or something.

I have officially withdrawn my seat for the class of 2025 as I have been accepted at another institution. Good luck to those waitlisted!! :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just received an II, little late in the cycle, right?

Are the 4th year rotation sites the same as the 3rd year? I saw earlier that Laredo and Kerrville were options, but wasnt sure if that was just for 3rd year or for both.