2022-2023 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, to any current student, what is it like to have a prosected anatomy lab? I want to go into a surgical specialty, so this is a slight concern of mine. I know its nice from a time perspective to have all of the structures neatly labeled, but do you feel like youre missing out on anything by not doing any dissections?
This may be changed soon. The Dean is considering making 1st year dissected. But I honestly I don’t feel like I missed out on anything. We had students do dissections over the summer as part of a summer program our school offers and they said that they didn’t really notice much of a difference. Also, although they are already dissected out for us, they are not labeled. We have to still figure out what each structure is on our own (or ask the professor who dissected it for help)

Members don't see this ad.

Soo i interviewed 1/23 and I still have not heard back 🥴 has this happened to anyone else?

I did not see dates for February, do you guys think it's okay if I email asking if there is any availability for in-person this month?
^ Does anyone know who to email? I got an II invite in December but was only able to get a spot for 3/24. I’d definitely like to interview this month if possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^ Does anyone know who to email? I got an II invite in December but was only able to get a spot for 3/24. I’d definitely like to interview this month if possible.

Same story, except my interview’s scheduled for April :(

Does anyone know if I interview on Saturday if it actually gets done at 1:30? In one email it says that and another says early afternoon. There's a flight at 3:40 that I want to make sure I can make.

Does anyone know if I interview on Saturday if it actually gets done at 1:30? In one email it says that and another says early afternoon. There's a flight at 3:40 that I want to make sure I can make.
I would email admissions to double check on the discrepancy. That happened to me and they replied pretty fast in the email! The lunch portion was also optional and they said it was totally okay to leave during that part if you had to catch a flight!

I did not see dates for February, do you guys think it's okay if I email asking if there is any availability for in-person this month?
If you haven't already, I ended up emailing [email protected] and got my date changed. They have some availability for this weekend so I'd email asap if that works for you.

If you haven't already, I ended up emailing [email protected] and got my date changed. They have some availability for this weekend so I'd email asap if that works for you.

How soon did they respond? Asking because I emailed them today and haven’t received a response back yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know who I can talk to about looking for places to live in the area around UIW?

Has anyone felt kinda bad after their interview here and ended up getting the A afterwards? I interviewed recently and didn’t feel all that great so just asking.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone felt kinda bad after their interview here and ended up getting the A afterwards? I interviewed recently and didn’t feel all that great so just asking.
I didn't feel well either. Awaiting a decision, expecting the R but hoping for an A

I didn’t feel too great about 1 or 2 of my stations and still got the A. They don’t expect you to nail each station. i also heard they look back at your application afterwards. i’m sure you did great!

• Wow
I didn’t feel too good about my interview overall and ended up getting the A. You probably did better than you thought!

• Wow
I froze up and couldnt even answer the "why us" question lol and still got the A. So don't worry too much I'm sure you got this!

• Wow
Did you guys write thank yous after interviewing? It’s hard with so many interviewers haha

Did you guys write thank yous after interviewing? It’s hard with so many interviewers haha
Yes I did, they sent me a thank you note themselves the day after my interview. I replied to that same email and I was very general in my response since it is an MMI you can't be specific, but I definitely recommend sending a thank you note :)

Yes I did, they sent me a thank you note themselves the day after my interview. I replied to that same email and I was very general in my response since it is an MMI you can't be specific, but I definitely recommend sending a thank you note :)

Anybody else get a thank you note after their interview? I haven’t yet.

Does anyone know when decisions would come out for people that interviewed on Feb 10th?

Just got the thank you email post interview and it says decisions would be emailed. Are accepted decisions also emailed or received via phone call?

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got the thank you note and jumped out of my skin thinking it was a decision email :eek:

slight neuroticism: do you think it matters when you got the thank you note..... or did they just send out different dates separately....

Yes, I believe all decisions are sent via email. I got mine exactly one week after my interview around 7 pm which was surprising to me since I thought they'd stop sending stuff after 5 pm lol

Just got the thank you email post interview and it says decisions would be emailed. Are accepted decisions also emailed or received via phone call?
I got my A via phone

Anyone who interviewed on 2/17 or 2/18 hear anything back yet other than the thank you email?

I never got a response for my thank you note but I got the "thank you for interviewing" email exactly a week later

Same, I sent a LOI last week and haven’t gotten a confirmation response yet :(

• Sad
Is UIWSOM pretty responsive to candidates post interview? Do they usually respond their decision within the 2 weeks? I interviewed 2/20

Is UIWSOM pretty responsive to candidates post interview? Do they usually respond their decision within the 2 weeks? I interviewed 2/20
I would say they are pretty responsive, they told me it would take up to three weeks for a response and I got my decision email 1 week post interview. If they said they’d respond within 2 weeks expect that to happen, otherwise they would let you know if the process is taking longer than expected

I was told within 2 weeks during my interview last week.

I would say they are pretty responsive, they told me it would take up to three weeks for a response and I got my decision email 1 week post interview. If they said they’d respond within 2 weeks expect that to happen, otherwise they would let you know if the process is taking longer than expected
That is not necessarily true because it been more than 2 weeks since I interviewed and they have not said anything. From what I see people are getting their decisions within 18 to 21 days.

Reactions: 2 users