2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Questions:
1) Please select the checkbox(es) that most adequately describes your campus and/or curriculum preferences below.
Explain why SGL or PBL.

2) Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)

3) How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?

4) Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine:

5) Optional: Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals:

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!
Verified Application submitted 6/30, has anyone received a secondary yet ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to med school for the 2021-22 cycle and my brother is applying this cycle. He just told me that someone from the RowanSOM staff sent him a link to the secondary application and asked him to complete it within a day. Has anyone else received a similar email? Since I've already been through the cycle once, I usually just got a general secondary invite email, but no one reached out to me per se and I had more than one day to complete the secondary application. My brother just asked me if this is normal and we're both a bit confused.

Yeah that seems odd. I know that rowan hasn’t sent their secondary for this cycle yet ( at least it seems). What exactly does the title of the email say and does it say to pay the supplemental fee?

I got accepted to med school for the 2021-22 cycle and my brother is applying this cycle. He just told me that someone from the RowanSOM staff sent him a link to the secondary application and asked him to complete it within a day. Has anyone else received a similar email? Since I've already been through the cycle once, I usually just got a general secondary invite email, but no one reached out to me per se and I had more than one day to complete the secondary application. My brother just asked me if this is normal and we're both a bit confused.

Hmm nothing here yet. That’s odd

Yeah that seems odd. I know that rowan hasn’t sent their secondary for this cycle yet ( at least it seems). What exactly does the title of the email say and does it say to pay the supplemental fee?
I'm not sure about the title of the email but he just told me that he opened his application portal and was able to access the secondary. But I just find it odd that they asked him to complete it by tomorrow evening and to inform them as soon as possible once he submits. Some of his other friends who applied even before him haven't received their secondaries yet. He's glad he got the invite but we still find it a bit weird.

OOS secondary received!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the word/character limit is?

Anyone have any insight into the major differences between the two campuses listed?

does anyone else's checklist say they dont have letters of reference? shouldn't this just be sent from aacoma's?

Does anyone know if you only have to submit an explanation for why you want to participate in PBL but there's no essay for SGL? My friend is being prompted for both so not sure if it's a glitch on my end or hers

Does anyone know if you only have to submit an explanation for why you want to participate in PBL but there's no essay for SGL? My friend is being prompted for both so not sure if it's a glitch on my end or hers
I didn't get a prompt for SGL either.

does anyone else's checklist say they dont have letters of reference? shouldn't this just be sent from aacomas if we attached it there?

For those asking about LORs not being checked off yet, this is what admissions had to say

"... Letters of Recommendation item on the checklist is typically not marked as complete until an applicant's letters have been manually validated by a member of the staff. At this point of the cycle, an incomplete recommendations requirement usually means that an application is still awaiting validation."

Reactions: 4 users
for those who were marked complete, when did you submit your secondary?

I spent time carefully and realized :
Application progress says 100% complete.

But if I click on status and then Status Checklist I see
Letter of References and Application Complete marked as "x" and not tick mark.

Did anyone else get an email from Rowan inviting them to an open house?

Reactions: 1 users
for the question 3 can we write about a hardship and what we did to overcome it?

Did anyone else get an email from Rowan inviting them to an open house?
yes but I was hoping it would be virtual like Touro. Im not traveling 200 miles for an open house lol

Reactions: 4 users