2022-2023 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's been almost 5 weeks since I got the email saying they'd review my primary and let me know in three weeks and i havent heard back. Should i reach out ? has this happened to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get that "Thank you for submitting your primary application to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks" email? Is this pretty much a pre-secondary R?

Did anyone else get that "Thank you for submitting your primary application to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks" email? Is this pretty much a pre-secondary R?

I believe that’s what you get if you reported some type of misdemeanor on your app. That’s what it seemed like from last years thread, and I received the same email with a misdemeanor on mine.

I believe that’s what you get if you reported some type of misdemeanor on your app. That’s what it seemed like from last years thread, and I received the same email with a misdemeanor on mine.
That's weird. I don't recall reporting a misdemeanor.

Can anybody who goes to CUSOM speak on how the curriculum/faculty are like? Interviewed today and I am very interested!

Hey guys, current MS3 here at CUSOM happy to answer any questions via private message (I won't keep up with this thread to answer them unless you message me).

Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to answer this question on the secondary: "Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years?" Do they want the names of ALL the schools you've applied to even in the current cycle?

Hey guys, when submitting your secondary, did you get a confirmation email? Also, for those that qualified for the fee waiver, did you receive any email about them receiving it when you forwarded the information?

Y'all got lucky with your interviewers, I got a really mean guy who grilled me the entire time and was even asked a specific question about BIOCHEMISTRY of all things (which I got correct but still...like what?) and was ultimately waitlisted. And I can't help but to think he had something to do with the decision.

Really goes to show that sometimes, it's just the luck of the draw.. Congrats to all those accepted! :giggle:

Y'all got lucky with your interviewers, I got a really mean guy who grilled me the entire time and was even asked a specific question about BIOCHEMISTRY of all things (which I got correct but still...like what?) and was ultimately waitlisted. And I can't help but to think he had something to do with the decision.

Really goes to show that sometimes, it's just the luck of the draw.. Congrats to all those accepted!
Did you share that info with the admissions team?

Did you share that info with the admissions team?
Brother, I am almost certain that they are aware of it. (I also talked with another person who interviewed there, and they said their second interviewer was similarly cold and purposefully asking tough questions).

Bringing it up to admissions would most likely be unhelpful in any case. But it's okay-- I have had other interviews (that led to acceptances, too) who had faculty who truly acted like they cared/were excited for their potential future students. It is what it is; and either way, I'm happy for everyone who has gotten accepted :)

Reactions: 1 users
A just now!! I was honestly indifferent to the school prior to the interview but the students and faculty were amazing and I've slowly been loving this school!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist. Interviewed last week. Such a great school, even if not taken off, I have a few other programs I’ve been accepted to. Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today!

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a FB or GroupME page for accepted students for this cycle?

i was wondering if anyone who already interviewed here could PM me about what to expect and how the day went? I would greatly appreciate it

Just received post interview R. Interesting lol. Got 5 MD II’s, acceptance to PCOM and KCU then CUSOM rejects me. Truly unpredictable process

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just received post interview R. Interesting lol. Got 5 MD II’s, acceptance to PCOM and KCU then CUSOM rejects me. Truly unpredictable process
How was your interview experience? I have mine coming up and this scares me in terms of my chances at this school

How was your interview experience? I have mine coming up and this scares me in terms of my chances at this school
Honestly I thought it was fine. It was completely normal. I’ve interviewed at 8 DO schools and got accepted to 7 then rejected at this one. Bizarre

• Hmm
For those that received an interview invite, was it via email? Do they have a portal that you can log into and see the status of your application like other schools?

For those that received an interview invite, was it via email? Do they have a portal that you can log into and see the status of your application like other schools?
I received an email. Don't think there was a portal at all

Still waiting on secondary after submitting primary in first week of September

Honestly I thought it was fine. It was completely normal. I’ve interviewed at 8 DO schools and got accepted to 7 then rejected at this one. Bizarre
This happen to me too; however, just to let you know, Campbell takes people from the rejected list too.

Source: Me after getting rejected but getting a call from them at the start of last July

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users