2019-2020 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send these emails to ppl on top or bottom of the list? someone pls comment their stats if they got the email... getting desperate

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering since UIWSOM is a private, catholic university is there justification for them to expel a student for identifying as part of the LGBTQ+ community? I know other private, religious schools like BYU have that right. How are the students perception toward members of the LGBTQ+ community?

Thanks,
I believe that today’s Supreme Court ruling on anti-discrimination for LGBTQ+ and trans people also applies to schools. But if UIWSOM can protect a racist student and not support their LGBTQ+ students, then that’s another issue.

Reactions: 2 users
From what I’ve heard UIWSOM is respectful of everyone’s beliefs. Don’t bash on them just because they have religious beliefs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not bashing on anybody. I was strictly wondering if this has been a previous problem with members of the LGBTQ+ community attending UIWSOM.

To the best of my knowledge, they don’t. The student that did my tour was a gay man who talked about where he and his boyfriend were living in San Antonio.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Do they send these emails to ppl on top or bottom of the list? someone pls comment their stats if they got the email... getting desperate
I have a feeling it is for the people at the bottom? My MCAT is not great lol but I will be withdrawing my WL spot!

Reactions: 1 user
I did not get that email either about the automatic Masters acceptance but I already have a SMP degree maybe that’s why? Still waiting on that WL! Sending out positive vibes to all~~

I did not get that email either about the automatic Masters acceptance but I already have a SMP degree maybe that’s why? Still waiting on that WL! Sending out positive vibes to all~~
That’s a great idea.. I didn’t get the email either but I have a MS. Did anyone who does have a masters get this email??

I do not have a MS and I didn’t receive the email.

I have a M.S and didn’t hear anything either. Not sure what to make of it..

They usually offer masters programs to students who they think would benefit from it.

I received an acceptance phone call today! So excited!! Good luck to anyone still on the waitlist- it’s not too late!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I received an acceptance phone call today! So excited!! Good luck to anyone still on the waitlist- it’s not too late!
Congratulations!!! Did you happen to receive the email last week about the masters, or no?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not receive the MBS email. My stats are pretty average compared to their accepted students profile from last year so don't lose faith!! I did send in a LOI and an extra LOR but I don't know if that made a difference

I did not receive the MBS email. My stats are pretty average compared to their accepted students profile from last year so don't lose faith!! I did send in a LOI and an extra LOR but I don't know if that made a difference
Oh okay, I only sent a LOI and a few update letter since I had 6 LORs already... what was your mcat score?

• Haha
Does anyone know where we can find info on how many students UIWSOM interviewed, accepted and matriculated the cycle before?

Does anyone know where we can find info on how many students UIWSOM interviewed, accepted and matriculated the cycle before?
Oh yeah found this on their website FAQ--->

Profile for Class of 2023. We will soon have the Profile for the Class of 2024.
Applications: 3,980

Application Summary
Interviewed: 680
Admitted:452
Matriculated:160

Relinquished my seat today. Never thought I'd have this opportunity to do so. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey how are you liking this program?
I love the program so far! I messaged you so we can talk more if you want- would love to answer any questions you might have

Reactions: 1 users
They released board scores over 6 months ago. The class of 2021 pass rate was 83.2% and the average score was in the upper 400s. It was posted here in this forum.

Does anyone have the unofficial match-list for UIW?