2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw that, but there was also a post in this thread that said they spoke to someone official sounding and that they said these late interviews are just for waitlist spots
This is what i recieved on 1/24 : "Application to our School of Osteopathic Medicine has been quite competitive. At this time we are unable to offer you admissions to our entering fall 2022 class; however, you have been placed on the waitlist. Although we anticipate some waitlist movement, we are unable to predict the extent. As this is a fluid process, information on waitlist ranking will not be released. Our waitlist will remain active through the summer. Please remain enrolled in any pre-requisite courses you may be taking." And was accepted on 4/13

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is what i recieved on 1/24 : "Application to our School of Osteopathic Medicine has been quite competitive. At this time we are unable to offer you admissions to our entering fall 2022 class; however, you have been placed on the waitlist. Although we anticipate some waitlist movement, we are unable to predict the extent. As this is a fluid process, information on waitlist ranking will not be released. Our waitlist will remain active through the summer. Please remain enrolled in any pre-requisite courses you may be taking." And was accepted on 4/13
Congrats by the way!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I recently got off the waitlist and was accepted! I would like to help out those that are going to be applying soon and can help with advice or reading over personal statements. If interested, reach out to me via DM.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an II. Only date available was 4/25. Had no idea they were still sending out II's, but I'm excited. Submitted 8/19.

Anyone have any advice for someone on the waitlist? I submitted a letter of intent as soon as I was notified about the waitlist. When should I send another update?

Just got an II as well, didn’t know they were still sending them considering that apparently the class has been full since January.

Just got an II as well, didn’t know they were still sending them considering that apparently the class has been full since January.
Hang in there, I got picked up off of the waitlist in mid-April.

Ill be giving up my seat here today at 5, hope it goes to one of yall! Best of luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the waitlist but will be turning it down for my number 1! Hope it goes to y'all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
For those of y'all getting off the waitlist, did you send in any letters of intent/interest? Thank you!

For those of y'all getting off the waitlist, did you send in any letters of intent/interest? Thank you!
I got off the waitlist yesterday (interviewed first week of January). I sent a letter of intent about 10 days after my waitlist notification. After viewing sdn threads over the last two cycles for this school alongside the admissions team happily accepting LOIs, I believe that LOIs have a positive effect at UIW, and at the very least, they can not hurt your app at all. I'd focus on making sure its well written and combo it with an update or any leverage you have if you can. Thank you to the people in this thread for any useful info and to those that gave up spots in case one of you donated your acceptance to me. Best of luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got off the waitlist yesterday (interviewed first week of January). I sent a letter of intent about 10 days after my waitlist notification. After viewing sdn threads over the last two cycles for this school alongside the admissions team happily accepting LOIs, I believe that LOIs have a positive effect at UIW, and at the very least, they can not hurt your app at all. I'd focus on making sure its well written and combo it with an update or any leverage you have if you can. Thank you to the people in this thread for any useful info and to those that gave up spots in case one of you donated your acceptance to me. Best of luck to you all!
To add to that, I think writing a LOI with things you have done since your secondary application that would enhance your education at the school while also contributing to their mission statement is the best way to approach this. If anybody needs help or needs me to proofread it, I would be happy to help. Just send me a DM.

Accepted but will be declining my seat. Good luck to the rest of you ❤️

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I have a friend on the WL who is really hoping to come off. Anyone know in years past the latest people come off the waitlist? Congrats to everyone accepted, med school is a wild ride but definitely worth it.

I have a friend on the WL who is really hoping to come off. Anyone know in years past the latest people come off the waitlist? Congrats to everyone accepted, med school is a wild ride but definitely worth it.
Last year I saw one June 1.

Friend just came off of the WL RIGHT NOW just for a heads up. Good luck to everyone else, the WL is beginning to really move. =)

Friend just came off of the WL RIGHT NOW just for a heads up. Good luck to everyone else, the WL is beginning to really move. =)
Congrats to them! Do you know when they interviewed?

Has anyone been accepted from the April round of interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how the waitlist works? Does it also work by rolling admissions or do they select whoever they like most? Thanks!
I interviewed in April and am just wondering if I’m at the bottom of the list due to late interview date and shouldn’t get my hopes up.

Did somebody just get an offer of acceptance? I cannot believe that my email is real!

• Love
Congratulations! When did you interview?
I interviewed on January 24th and was put on their waitlist a month after. Last week, I received an email letting me know the waitlist was still active, but I truly did not have much faith in it because I thought that they were putting most students on the WL. So if you are still waiting, don't let the hope completely die off

• Care
Just got put on the waitlist. Interviewed 4/25

Accepted. Interview Invite on 4/5. Interviewed on 4/22.

Edit: Adding Stats.
MCAT- 505; cGPA - 3.778, sGPA - 3.693
1 Publication (Co-Authorship), Multiple Acknowledgements in Research Papers
500+ Hours of Scribing; 1000+ Hours of Medical and Clinical Research
Medical Assistant Certification / BLS Certification
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (300 hours)
Founded 2 Organizations (Social & Service) at my Undergrad. Campus

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Were the April interviews just a joke? I haven’t seen anyone accepted from April. This year or in last years thread.

Interviewed 4/25 waitlisted about 30 mins ago…. Feeling a bit defeated

It’s been kinda quiet on here. Stressing out 🥺

• Sad
I was waitlisted back in December and I’m starting to get so anxious that I haven’t heard anything. Does anyone know if we can expect more movement soon? Should I call the admission office and ask for an update?

I was waitlisted back in December and I’m starting to get so anxious that I haven’t heard anything. Does anyone know if we can expect more movement soon? Should I call the admission office and ask for an update?
Please share what they say if you do give them a call! Hopefully some more movement soon. Seems like things have been pretty slow.

Please share what they say if you do give them a call! Hopefully some more movement soon. Seems like things have been pretty slow.
There has been quite a bit of movement recently. Hang in there.

Hello all! UIWSOM was my top choice DO school, but due to a recent acceptance to my dream MD school that will be more financially secure for me and my family, I'll be withdrawing my seat. Hoping it goes to one you on the waitlist! Best of luck to you all, future Docs!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone sent a letter of intent and still not hear back?

Long-time lurker, just to say I got in! Low-stat applicant who had been on the waitlist for 5+ months. Movement is happening!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users