2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist email just now, as expected

Members don't see this ad.

damnn. sorry guys :/
i'm still on pre ii hold. i guess they might be done with interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
damnn. sorry guys :/
i'm still on pre ii hold. i guess they might be done with interviews?
in prior years they kept on interviewing in March & April, though I know that's not a guarantee of it happening this year. UIWSOM doesn't use TMDSAS, so doesn't have to be done with interviews in February.

Let's see what happens after TMDSAS Match Day and whether that will create some spaces in their current class roster.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email inviting me To an open house. Really thought it was an interview invite :/
I really hope they send out more interviews soon. I’ve been on a pre-interview hold since November

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed on Jan 21 heard back yet?

• Hmm
Has there been any movement with more interview invites being sent out in February?

• Hmm
II just now. I know it’ll turn into WL if I’m lucky but every other school has rejected me this cycle so I’ll take what I can get 😭

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got an email inviting me To an open house. Really thought it was an interview invite :/
I really hope they send out more interviews soon. I’ve been on a pre-interview hold since November
Ugh the amount of emails I get from the sessions give me anxiety lol. Hang in there we still got time !

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your head up, it only takes one!🙏🤞🍀

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
II just now. I know it’ll turn into WL if I’m lucky but every other school has rejected me this cycle so I’ll take what I can get 😭
Good luck on the interview! What date did you select, and did they have multiple to choose from?

Good luck on the interview! What date did you select, and did they have multiple to choose from?
Thank you :) I’m interviewing on the 21st. I saw available dates on feb 14 and feb 21, 1pm and 3pm both dates still open

Anyone attending the virtual student panel today at 3pm CT?

I didn’t get an email about this, how did you know a panel was happening today?
I didn’t either. I just saw it on their website and signed up I think it is still available to register for

Hi Guys, I am a current OMS1 here at the school if anyone has questions please reach out and I'll do my best to answer your questions as timely as I can.

Hi Guys, I am a current OMS1 here at the school if anyone has questions please reach out and I'll do my best to answer your questions as timely as I can.
From what I saw on the website it looks like the bulk of a typical day is spent in self directed learning or group study. Do y’all ever have traditional lectures? If so how often?

At the virtual panel, did they mention if II are still being sent or are they done?
They said they will interview until April (I think, anyone feel free to check me on this), that their class is not yet full, and the waitlist will continue to move through June I’m pretty sure. Additionally people were asking if it’s too late to send secondaries and they said no, but it’s also not ideal to send it so late in the cycle

Reactions: 4 users
They said they will interview until April (I think, anyone feel free to check me on this), that their class is not yet full, and the waitlist will continue to move through June I’m pretty sure. Additionally people were asking if it’s too late to send secondaries and they said no, but it’s also not ideal to send it so late in the cycle
Also a UIWSOM adcom mentioned that the class is not "full" yet, so hopefully there will be some more II's and waitlist movement!

Last edited:
From what I saw on the website it looks like the bulk of a typical day is spent in self directed learning or group study. Do y’all ever have traditional lectures? If so how often?
Yes so from 8-12 we have classes (most are mandatory attendance). Then the rest of the day is yours to self study. We have lecture style classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (Called LGS). I hope that answers your question.

How do you like the exam format?
The exam style format is really great in my option but it does take some getting used to if you dont come from a academic background where that was the norm. So it is short answer which allows for students to at least get partial credit on exams. This is really beneficial in clinical years when you are going to be asked to explain concepts on the spot. We are also require to do Kaplan questions throughout the units (which are multiple choice) for board prep. Hope that helps :)

Reactions: 3 users
The exam style format is really great in my option but it does take some getting used to if you dont come from a academic background where that was the norm. So it is short answer which allows for students to at least get partial credit on exams. This is really beneficial in clinical years when you are going to be asked to explain concepts on the spot. We are also require to do Kaplan questions throughout the units (which are multiple choice) for board prep. Hope that helps :)
Thank you for answering!

Cannot tell if their WL is moving or if they are giving out acceptances to recently interviewed students, but the accepted students group added 24 new students just in the last week 😬 can anyone on SDN give their input? Anyone know of any WL movement?

I received this email December 23 rd after my secondary was completed and havnt heard anything since. What does this means ?

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application has been reviewed and is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews will continue throughout the spring.

I received this email December 23 rd after my secondary was completed and havnt heard anything since. What does this means ?

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application has been reviewed and is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews will continue throughout the spring.
It means you might get an interview later. They generally interview through March and April.

Cannot tell if their WL is moving or if they are giving out acceptances to recently interviewed students, but the accepted students group added 24 new students just in the last week 😬 can anyone on SDN give their input? Anyone know of any WL movement?
they just sent out an email to join the group to people who were accepted a while back!

Thank you :) I’m interviewing on the 21st. I saw available dates on feb 14 and feb 21, 1pm and 3pm both dates still open
Just received a II this past week and will also be interviewing on Feb 21st at 3 PM. 🙏🏽

I am sorry I am new here But what does II means and I am guessing A means acceptance ? any other abbreviation I should be familiar with ?

I am sorry I am new here But what does II means and I am guessing A means acceptance ? any other abbreviation I should be familiar with ?
II is interview invite
A is acceptance
R is rejection
Pre II is before interview invite
Post II is post interview invite
LOI is letter of interest or intent

Has anyone sent a LOI to this school? How long did you wait after your interview to send it?