2019-2020 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't necessarily assume a rejection, I think they prioritize higher GPA/MCAT applicants first before doing a more comprehensive assessment of "lower stat" applicants! This is just a theory though haha.
Not sure how true that is, seeing as someone who got a II invite today had a 502 MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure how true that is, seeing as someone who got a II invite today had a 502 MCAT

Haha yeah my evidence was strictly anecdotal... perhaps they had a really high GPA in conjunction? I'm beyond trying to figure out the rhyme or reason that admission committees use throughout this process :cryi:

If I submit my aacomas app this week will I be considered to late of an applicant?

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?

Reactions: 1 user
I know it's fairly competitive, with their website saying there are typically 45-50 seats per class. I haven't seen a percentage yet tho!

Good to know! Thank you :)

For those of you who received II, when was your file marked complete and how long was it until you got your II? My file was marked complete yesterday, 7/16, and I'm just curious as to when I would hear back. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who received II, when was your file marked complete and how long was it until you got your II? My file was marked complete yesterday, 7/16, and I'm just curious as to when I would hear back. Thanks
File marked complete July 2nd, II received July 16th

Reactions: 1 users
Post-Bacc here:
Submitted AACOMAS 6/27, secondary received 6/20, secondary submitted 6/24, II 7/16.
sGPA 3.1, cGPA 3.6, MCAT 510
NYS resident, ties to San Antonio

Anyone know what to expect on interview day?
And congrats to everyone else! We can do this :thumbup:

Invitation to interview this morning at around 9:00!

Reactions: 4 users

I also have a lower MCAT and received one as well today! They also have an in-state "bias" if I recall but it's not really that crazy (hopefully). Good luck to everyone waiting and anticipating~ the stress and anticipation is real ahh

I also have a lower MCAT and received one as well today! They also have an in-state "bias" if I recall but it's not really that crazy (hopefully). Good luck to everyone waiting and anticipating~ the stress and anticipation is real ahh
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?

What do you consider lower MCAT? I’m in the same boat as well.

Has anyone who submitted their secondary in July started receiving interviews?

Scheduled for the 23rd! Now time to tell my PI I'm leaving the cancer symposium early! (Supposed to be in Maine August 13th-24th)

Everyone getting IIs today. When did you guys submit your secondary?

Everyone getting IIs today. When did you guys submit your secondary?
I was complete June 27. 504 MCAT, 3.2 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, urm, San Antonio Native!

*Edited to add stats

Last edited:
Wow II flying out like crazy today. Any of y'all who received II post your stats and when you submitted secondary?
506 MCAT and 4.0 SMP GPA no II yet...

Wow II flying out like crazy today. Any of y'all who received II post your stats and when you submitted secondary?
506 MCAT and 4.0 SMP GPA no II yet...
503 MCAT, 3.3 cGPA and 3.4 sGPA (undergrad), 3.89 GPA (grad)
Submitted on 6/28

To anyone who applied recently, how long after getting the application received email did you receive the secondary?

Can any current students provide their experience attending this school? I would like to know peoples pros and cons and just an overall opinion of the school. Also, does anyone know when UIW's comlex/usmle scores will be released?

Withdrawing from my interview hopefully someone gets it!

Reactions: 3 users
Just booked my flights and hotel! Super excited because I've never been to Texas before and I'm staying at the Marriott Riverwalk!
any recommendations for things to do would be appreciated!

Reactions: 2 users
Silence here.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an email detailing the schedule for interview day yet?