2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MN/FL 2+2 II!!!! FL resident, LM 74, submitted mid/late July

just wow!!! I'm in total shock. Wishing you all good news too!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
MN/FL 2+2 II!!!! FL resident, LM 74, submitted mid/late July

just wow!!! I'm in total shock. Wishing you all good news too!!!

Awesome! Where is the interview? I wish I would get one, but I'm losing hope as time goes on.

MN/FL 2+2 here as well!! Literally dream school right here, so excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Where is the interview? I wish I would get one, but I'm losing hope as time goes on.

Don't! Keep your head up for sure. It still seems incredibly early to be getting invites! The interview is at their Jacksonville campus.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't! Keep your head up for sure. It still seems incredibly early to be getting invites! The interview is at their Jacksonville campus.

My number 2 reason for selecting the 2+2. First reason is I LOVE the Jacksonville Campus. Second reason (which I found out at least a month after submitting) is interviewing within driving distance. ;) Good luck on the interview!!!!

Ahhhhh!!! II for MN/FL 2+2! Can't believe it!

OOS, LizzyM 77, Complete 7/23

Reactions: 3 users
Side note: I listed the 2+2 track as my FIRST choice. Because I was selected to interview for this program, does that mean I will no longer be considered for the traditional track? I hope this isn't the case, as there are only 8 students accepted to the 2+2 program (including both Mayo MN and AZ campuses).

Side note: I listed the 2+2 track as my FIRST choice. Because I was selected to interview for this program, does that mean I will no longer be considered for the traditional track? I hope this isn't the case, as there are only 8 students accepted to the 2+2 program (including both Mayo MN and AZ campuses).

My guess is the option for it to be your ONLY choice would have meant you wouldn't have been considered for the other program. I think you should be fine.

My guess is the option for it to be your ONLY choice would have meant you wouldn't have been considered for the other program. I think you should be fine.

That's what I was assuming, but you know...pre-med neuroticism makes me question everything:shrug: Thank you!

Also, like @ThisIsFine. said, it's too early to worry about invites! Several of my friends currently in med school and residents I work with said that they didn't receive their first II until far later in the cycle. This is a long and seemingly nonsensical process - so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
MN/FL 2+2 II here also!!!! Never been so excited :D

LizzyM 70 and a north Florida native!

For anyone else, has the "Withdraw Application" tab disappeared on the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone else, has the "Withdraw Application" tab disappeared on the portal?
And here I was glad that at least they acknowledge me that "This candidate won't ever withdraw" so remove withdraw tab. Lol

Is Mayo rolling or not? I'm so confused--I thought I read on MSAR that they're rolling but I have also read online from SDN users that they're not. Can someone clarify this?

For those who got invited to MN/FL 2+2, do you know what it unique about it besides the location and the patient population being more diverse than just staying in Rochester? I am trying to prepare for the interview, and I can't seem to find much information, so any insights would be helpful! Thanks so much!

hmmm... I wonder if there will be a second round of II's for those of us who marked 2+2 as first choice or if we got kicked back to the regular applicant pool.

The silence is killing me, its been 2 weeks since the last batch. Hopefully they send out another round of invites for MN soon.

Is Mayo rolling or not? I'm so confused--I thought I read on MSAR that they're rolling but I have also read online from SDN users that they're not. Can someone clarify this?

historically has been rolling, but as of last year this seems to no longer be the case.

Ahhhhh!!! II for MN/FL 2+2! Can't believe it!

OOS, LizzyM 77, Complete 7/23
Have you set up a hotel yet? Trying to figure out where to stay. The invite says that the Marriott has a Mayo group rate, but when I called they said they had no group rate unless you're a patient and it was still $200.

Have you set up a hotel yet? Trying to figure out where to stay. The invite says that the Marriott has a Mayo group rate, but when I called they said they had no group rate unless you're a patient and it was still $200.

Nope, haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I was thinking of doing an AirBnB though, depending on what is available.

Nope, haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I was thinking of doing an AirBnB though, depending on what is available.
Do you have a car? There are some inexpensive hotels about 10 minutes from the Jacksonville campus - I usually stay at the extended stay America near the St. John's town center.

Do you have a car? There are some inexpensive hotels about 10 minutes from the Jacksonville campus - I usually stay at the extended stay America near the St. John's town center.

I'm flying in, so I'll be relying on Uber/Shuttle services. However, maybe I'll check that out and just factor in the cost of Ubering. Thanks!

Mayo is no longer rolling. After all people have gone through their interviews, Mayo will release their decisions.

Panicking that there's no withdraw button because they silently rejected me...

Panicking that there's no withdraw button because they silently rejected me...

Mayo has been sending out "on hold" and rejection notices. if you haven't heard anything, you probably haven't been reviewed yet.

Mayo has been sending out "on hold" and rejection notices. if you haven't heard anything, you probably haven't been reviewed yet.
haven't been reviewed? I was complete Jul 15 and i still have heard nothing..

Reactions: 5 users
I'm still flummoxed as to what "on hold" means/entails. I'm not on hold, myself, but still curious

I'm still flummoxed as to what "on hold" means/entails. I'm not on hold, myself, but still curious
It means they haven't offered the person an interview yet, but are waiting to compare the app to the larger applicant pool before sending an II. For most schools, I feel it's not equivalent to a "pre-rejection"

Well guys, I hate to be a downer but it looks like for those of us who lost our withdraw buttons we can expect a rejection soon. I am basing this off the 2015-2016 Stanford thread, but if someone ends up getting an II after having the button removed reply to this to give people hope, lol

Well guys, I hate to be a downer but it looks like for those of us who lost our withdraw buttons we can expect a rejection soon. I am basing this off the 2015-2016 Stanford thread, but if someone ends up getting an II after having the button removed reply to this to give people hope, lol

But it's 2 years ago from a different school o: I am assuming I am rejected from every school anyways until I get an acceptance :(

I don't remember ever seeing the button in the first place..does anyone still have one? I have an interview at the Arizona campus and don't see a withdraw button anywhere on that portal

I agree with TheBiologist.
Does anyone still have the withdraw button?

I don't remember ever seeing the button in the first place..does anyone still have one? I have an interview at the Arizona campus and don't see a withdraw button anywhere on that portal
I don't remember one, as well. My Arizona application definitely never had one. And the Arizona one seemed to add that communication tab at one point which we think means nothing. I guess we'll have to wait and find out!

I don't remember one, as well. My Arizona application definitely never had one. And the Arizona one seemed to add that communication tab at one point which we think means nothing. I guess we'll have to wait and find out!

huh....so maybe i am wrong, but I"m pretty sure I had one and now it's gone

huh....so maybe i am wrong, but I"m pretty sure I had one and now it's gone
In your defense, I don't remember what the portal looked like before. I log on periodically, but I haven't really been paying attention to it.

Ok, I'll try to find out: @begoood95 or @ThisIsFine. - do you still have a withdrawal button on your portal? Since you have an II, you obviously haven't been rejected, yet, and everyone is freaking out about this.

Last edited:
Just have someone submit a new primary to Mayo, if their fresh secondary doesn't have a withdrawal then we'll know. Or we can ask someone who has been sitting on their secondary and hasn't submitted yet.

I was complete 9/15 and I have no withdraw button. Then again, I'm also one of the people who received a rejection email before receiving a secondary, which apparently turned out to be a mistake. I really doubt the withdraw tab means anything

I have an II here and no withdraw button. I'd assume they just tweaked the site and that it's not anything to worry about :)

Reactions: 7 users
I have an II here and no withdraw button. I'd assume they just tweaked the site and that it's not anything to worry about :)
THANK YOU. Now we can all stop freaking out ;)

Reactions: 7 users
if this is true, then it probably is just a website mistake (which apparently happens a lot on secondary application sites

I honestly just want something from them other than silence and a disappearing button.