2018-2019 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just off the phone! I'll see you all in Rochester this summer. Mayo was far and away my top choice.
Congrats!!! Who called you? Were they your interviewer?

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't posted for a long time on ole SDN, but thought I'd share that I also got the call from Mayo tonight.....after 10 PM EST! Just made my whole day/week/month/year/life!
Congrats!! Who called you? And did you get the highly interested email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I TOLD you all that Dr. Bostwick was going to call late. Congrats all. If any of you have questions let me know. Happy to help.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone think Dr. Bostwick will be calling more people today?

So it seems that most, if not all, people accepted at this point received the highly interested email in January. Definitely doesn’t look good for us email peeps.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone think Dr. Bostwick will be calling more people today?

I don’t know if he’ll call today, but he did mention this was only the “first wave” of admit offers. There’s still hope!

So it seems that most, if not all, people accepted at this point received the highly interested email in January. Definitely doesn’t look good for us email peeps.

EDIT: no email peeps

Maybe but consider the sample and population size. Not really justified statistically yet. Also I'm also freaking out, but such is this process. Take heart, my dears, life will move forward one way or another and we will all find our place.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe but consider the sample and population size. Not really justified statistically yet. Also I'm also freaking out, but such is this process. Take heart, my dears, life will move forward one way or another and we will all find our place.
bless this post and bless your soul, c'est la vie

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back who interviewed n December? Wondering whether I'm just waiting for the waitlist since I got one of the last interview invites.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten the great news and good luck to the rest of us waiting!

Congrats to all who got the call!

For those who didn't, stay hopeful. The waitlist moves. Whether or not you received the call, remember that you are all great people who will make excellent doctors one day.

Has anyone heard back who interviewed n December? Wondering whether I'm just waiting for the waitlist since I got one of the last interview invites.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten the great news and good luck to the rest of us waiting!
Since it's not rolling, I don't believe it matters as much about when you interviewed, compared to other schools...but don't quote me on that

I interviewed in December!

Still reeling from the acceptance yesterday, and immediately shifting gears into thinking about financing and affordability. I know Mayo has a crazy reputation for scholarships and aid, and so I'll be eagerly awaiting to see what kind of aid would be possible. One thing I was curious about, during my interview day, in discussing the recent donation and renaming of the medical school to the Alix School of Medicine, it almost seemed like they were teasing some upcoming changes to how aid and tuition was handled. This is overly optimistic, but it almost sounded like they might be transitioning to covering tuition for students sometime in the future.

Obviously all this is just guesswork, but I thought I'd ask here. Anyone have any info on how the recent donation might affect cost of attendance over the next few years? Or just any thoughts on it?
My man DocInProgress had some thoughts about this.

Still reeling from the acceptance yesterday, and immediately shifting gears into thinking about financing and affordability. I know Mayo has a crazy reputation for scholarships and aid, and so I'll be eagerly awaiting to see what kind of aid would be possible. One thing I was curious about, during my interview day, in discussing the recent donation and renaming of the medical school to the Alix School of Medicine, it almost seemed like they were teasing some upcoming changes to how aid and tuition was handled. This is overly optimistic, but it almost sounded like they might be transitioning to covering tuition for students sometime in the future.

Obviously all this is just guesswork, but I thought I'd ask here. Anyone have any info on how the recent donation might affect cost of attendance over the next few years? Or just any thoughts on it?

I asked Dr. Fischer about this directly a few weeks ago. He said that there would "definitely be more dual-degrees programs/relationships" and that there would "likely be more money for scholarships." Interpret that as you will. Dr. Bostwick said financial packages come out next week though so maybe we'll know sooner rather than later!!

EDIT: Another interesting tidbit. I had the opportunity to talk with Dean Meyer last summer for about an hour and he said that he had raised $180 million and "only" needed $200 million more to make Mayo "tuition-free." Imagine my surprise when I heard about a 200 million dollar donation in November. I'd say chances are good for free tuition at Mayo!

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhh boiiii, I got the call late last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, I wasn't receiving notifications from this thread, and I'm so glad I didn't, haha. I had such a busy day yesterday. It would have been so much more stressful since I didn't get the call until very late! It was also such a HUGE SURPRISE! Needless to say, I was in tears.

I was accepted to the MN/FL 2+2 Track, got a call from my interviewer, and I also got the "highly interested" email. What else? Oh, I also sent a LOI.

To everyone waiting, I hope y'all hear good news soon! To those accepted, see you in April! :)

I asked Dr. Fischer about this directly a few weeks ago. He said that there would "definitely be more dual-degrees programs/relationships" and that there would "likely be more money for scholarships." Interpret that as you will. Dr. Bostwick said financial packages come out next week though so maybe we'll know sooner rather than later!!
Dr. Fischer also told me this.

Any way to know whether all first-round acceptance calls went out yesterday? Or whether more will be going out today?
Interviewers were MT and an MD/PhD student. Highly interested email and LOI.

I'll jist say this, don't expect tuition free here. Mayo isn't on that level yet. That being said, the aid is pretty bomb here.

How many people received calls from Dr. Fischer? Really hope he makes some more calls today

Ohhhhhhhh boiiii, I got the call late last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, I wasn't receiving notifications from this thread, and I'm so glad I didn't, haha. I had such a busy day yesterday. It would have been so much more stressful since I didn't get the call until very late! It was also such a HUGE SURPRISE! Needless to say, I was in tears.

I was accepted to the MN/FL 2+2 Track, got a call from my interviewer, and I also got the "highly interested" email. What else? Oh, I also sent a LOI.

To everyone waiting, I hope y'all hear good news soon! To those accepted, see you in April! :)
Hey, congrats! I remember you were concerned about sending a letter of interest rather than a letter of intent. Glad it all worked out for you!

has anyone been waitlisted or reject after II? I have feeling that if we have not heard back we are in one of those two categories

Hey, congrats! I remember you were concerned about sending a letter of interest rather than a letter of intent. Glad it all worked out for you!

Thank you! I also remember you giving me reassurance by saying honesty could go a long way. Thanks for that as well :).

Thank you! I also remember you giving me reassurance by saying honesty could go a long way. Thanks for that as well :).
Of course! I did the same with my letter, and thankfully everything worked out :)

Did anyone accepted receive an email confirmation/info about a deposit. Honestly everything went blurry when I got the call and I don’t remember what my caller said

Did anyone accepted receive an email confirmation/info about a deposit. Honestly everything went blurry when I got the call and I don’t remember what my caller said
I heard we'll get an email in a couple of days.

Do people who attend the FL 2+2 interviews ever get calls about acceptances to MN or AZ?

To everyone waiting....calls are still going out! I've had several friends get calls in the last few hours. At least two of them got the "interest" email.

Reactions: 6 users
To everyone waiting....calls are still going out! I've had several friends get calls in the last few hours. At least two of them got the "interest" email.
Can confirm. Just got the call myself! Received the "highly interested" email.

Do people who attend the FL 2+2 interviews ever get calls about acceptances to MN or AZ?

Only 2 people have mentioned getting accepted to the MN/FL 2+2 program, no one so far for AZ/FL. I still hope calls are going out for those, but at this point I'm just waiting for the waitlist/rejection email.

Only 2 people have mentioned getting accepted to the MN/FL 2+2 program, no one so far for AZ/FL. I still hope calls are going out for those, but at this point I'm just waiting for the waitlist/rejection email.

But at the same time, there's only 12 spots for the 2+2 program. Who knows if the other 10 spots were/will be given to applicants who also check SDN.

Follow up question, has anyone who interviewed for the 2+2 program been accepted for the MD program at MN or AZ this year without being offered a 2+2 spot?

Hello everyone! I was accepted today.

I wanted to post my stats for those who are applying next year and do not feel competitive enough. Mayo looks beyond gpa and mcat! I had a 3.7x and 515 (with a 125 in CARS!!). Many people told me to rewrite - but I stuck through it.

Thank you to everyone at SDN who supported me through this journey - it's been great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
...Or Dr. Rosenman or Dr. Fischer? Thanks

Any other people who interviewed with Dr. Bostwick and got the “highly interested” email still waiting on a call?

IMG_3996.JPG

Reactions: 23 users
Just made a call and Teresa said that most of the acceptance calls had gone out but that there were still some to be done. Waitlist emails will be sent out in about a week and rejections will come much later after that.

Just made a call and Teresa said that most of the acceptance calls had gone out but that there were still some to be done. Waitlist emails will be sent out in about a week and rejections will come much later after that.

*sigh*

Reactions: 3 users

Oh interesting. Thanks for the update. I’m surprised that that many went out already since it didn’t seem like many people posted acceptances.

Congrats to everyone who got the call!

So any news today?
Apparently no calls today. At least not reported on SDN yet. Some people got calls pretty late last night. But it is possible this is it for the first wave.

I had one advisee get the highly interested email, but they did not reply back positively bc they still had HYP II in Jan and had no idea where they would want to go in early January when email was sent. The other person did not get the highly interested email, but disliked the school anyway - most likely due to a highly negative interaction with an interviewer. They also had 5 interviews for T20 places in JAN. This person, of course, did not send a love letter.

Neither one got a call, yesterday or today. So I can verify that not everyone who got the "highly interested" email was accepted. But since that person sent back a lukewarm reply, that might have tipped scales out of their favor. That is why I was pretty vocal about how this operating procedure put some students in a difficult position. That person knew that they might be killing their chances by sending a lukewarm, but honest reply. (Both of these students had a lot of JAN interviews bc though both very good applicants, their undergrad did not send their committee letters til late SEPT!!!!)

But congrats to all who were really excited to go to MAYO and who got good news yesterday!

Hey! If anyone hears some good news tonight, can you please post if you have a chance? It'd be super helpful to know when the calls are going out. Thanks!!!