2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off of the waitlist for the Minnesota campus late last week!

For those of you acceptees who are also waitlisted for other schools, are you waiting it out as far as housing goes? Rochester seems very cheap and less competitive compared to where I’m coming from (e.g. lucky to find a $2000 studio) so right now my plan is to hold off on finding a place until about a week before.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted off of the waitlist for the Minnesota campus late last week!

For those of you acceptees who are also waitlisted for other schools, are you waiting it out as far as housing goes? Rochester seems very cheap and less competitive compared to where I’m coming from (e.g. lucky to find a $2000 studio) so right now my plan is to hold off on finding a place until about a week before.

You may still find a roommate helpful because the budget is very structured and not a ton of wiggle room when living alone. I suggest Civic Square Apartments because its like 5-7 min walking distance and super affordable with a roommate. Nothing crazy fancy but something tells me we won't be in it a lot. Chech the FB group theres definitely people still looking for roommates and housing.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received information about required immunizations? Got a bunch of emails from the admissions office including instructions about transcripts and a background check, but didn’t seem to get anything about vaccinations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received information about required immunizations? Got a bunch of emails from the admissions office including instructions about transcripts and a background check, but didn’t seem to get anything about vaccinations.

On your application portal under admissions decision very bottom there are the immunization and 2 stage tb tests.

Reactions: 1 user
Are y’all planning to bring cars to Rochester? Hope to live within walking distance to campus but still considering it since I’m from the big city and MN seems much more sparse.

Are y’all planning to bring cars to Rochester? Hope to live within walking distance to campus but still considering it since I’m from the big city and MN seems much more sparse.
Not going to this school but knowing people who live there I would say it’s an area that’s probably easier to just drive in than wait around for public transportation to buy groceries every week and other errands etc.