2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
applied MN/FL, WL a few minutes ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
do we know if A's coming off the WL have any opportunity for merit scholarships?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there is any waitlist movement in March? April? Or should we not get our hopes up until after May 1? Idk if I'll survive two more months of waiting lol

Reactions: 1 user
Have people who are on WL been invited to second look? During the interview, some students who were accepted mentioned this, and I’m wondering whether it’s a good metrics of how likely people will get off from the WL… (n=1 but I have not :( )

Members don't see this ad :)
Have people who are on WL been invited to second look? During the interview, some students who were accepted mentioned this, and I’m wondering whether it’s a good metrics of how likely people will get off from the WL… (n=1 but I have not :( )
I have not either

wait, WL students can get an invite to that? :oops:
Don't know the current policy but in the past waitlisted applicants have been invited to attend the virtual Second Look sessions. No bearing on likelihood of acceptance. Remember that the waitlist isn't ranked.

Reactions: 2 users
Fingers crossed for everyone as May 1st approaches, time truly flies! Just wanted to say I'm really nervous lol, this is my only WL and if Mayo doesn't pull through, I'll have to reapply ;-; eeeeekk

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Wait Waiting GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my A! And I know of several other people who did the same. Good luck everyone!

Oh man, I'm losing hope here. I love you Mayo plz accept me

Guys don’t worry too much. it’ll probably take a few days for the calls to start rolling out. i’m personally not gonna stay glued to this thread as i did for the initial acceptance week bc it legit drained my soul lol

Wow, congratulations! Did you have an interest-gauging email or any communication w/ them post-WL?
No interest-gauging email. I did send a letter of intent following receiving the WL though.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get accepted off of the WL to the MN 4-year track yet?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Why is this actually worse than waiting for the initial round of decisions, MN campus please have mercy on us. I legit have so much work to do but am paralyzed in anticipation ;-;

• Care
Do people think Mayo would call/email over the weekend? I’m a bit worried because I won’t have service this weekend, lol.

Nahhh doesn’t Mayo see a lot of WL movement (like half the eventual class gets in off WL)?

Perhaps they're done sending out acceptances?
Not sure if you’ve looked at the main waitlist page, but evidently there’s an error in the CYMS tool which could be slowing admissions. Maybe it’s delaying mayo? The past two years several people on SDN alone got calls and stuff in the first week

Other threads have been keeping an eye on GroupMe and FB group sizes. Does anyone have access to these groups?

Should we give admissions a ring to see what's up lol?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
welp time to make gap year plans 🙅🏾‍♀️

• Care
We gave it our best shot, everyone. I hope you all find success and become doctors someday despite this setback 🙏🙏🙏

We gave it our best shot, everyone. I hope you all find success and become doctors someday despite this setback 🙏🙏🙏
Bro, it’s may 5th and CYMS had a data reporting glitch, it’s not over. We’re like 5 minutes into the first quarter lol

Reactions: 4 users
The CYMS glitch was fixed last Thursday ;-; hopefully MN-track movement will begin today

Ok I’m convinced this has become a social experiment

Reactions: 4 users