2021-2022 Mayo Clinic, Rochester (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call around 30 minutes ago for the MN/FL 2 + 2!

Sent a letter of interest in December, letter of intent in January, received emails from my interviewer, and received the "love your application" email.

3.9X GPA, 52X MCAT, no research at time of app

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call around 30 minutes ago for the MN/FL 2 + 2!

Sent a letter of interest in December, letter of intent in January, received emails from my interviewer, and received the "love your application" email.

3.9X GPA, 52X MCAT, no research at time of app
Did the dean of flordia campus call?

A!!! Got into AZ/FL 2+2 even tho MN/FL was my first choice.
Sent letter of intent in Jan, received post-II communication from the dean
He texted me and told me to call him
4.0 GPA, 52X MCAT, no pubs but have various research projects and manuscript waiting to be published!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
No calls or anything here, but something curious - I went to log into my portal to see if anything shows up, and it said my user and password don't match any account... very strange. Can still log into other AMPs just fine. Anyone else seeing this?
I just checked and I can still log into my account. No phone call and no changes.

Calls go out all week

EDIT: or at least it's implied that calls don't go out today alone—"Acceptance phone calls will be made starting February 14" per their email (emphasis mine)
Any idea on how long calls will last? Starting Monday and ending Friday?

I just checked and I can still log into my account. No phone call and no changes.
This happened to me. Idk what your situation is, but for me my initial email that I used to set up my Mayo account changed since my school switched from gmail to outlook and I had to go in and change my email by using the link they sent when you initially made your account.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call for Rochester. Still shaking and crying😭

Edit: Interviewed in November; sent letter of interest in January; no highly ranked email

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Heads up, you may receive a call from an interviewers cellphone so the number might not be an MN number

Reactions: 1 user
just got the A call for MN from my student interviewer!! o_O:giggle:

sent update/interest letter in mid-Jan and didn't receive any kind of highly ranked email

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any idea on how long calls will last? Starting Monday and ending Friday?
Depends on when your interviewer has time to call. some people have gotten calls at 10p. should be within the business week unless extraordinary circumstances.

EDIT: Please don't stay up all night waiting for the call; if they miss you they will call you again the next day.

Had resigned myself to disappointment months ago to protect my very fragile heart... Today I got a completely unexpected call from a 507 number at 6pm EST and promptly **** my pants..... A to the MN 4 year track!!!!!!!! I sent a letter of interest (not intent) in December and never received any highly ranked email or personalized post-II communication from the school. Do not give up hope my friends. <3

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
For those accepted today: did you interview earlier or later in the cycle? Congratulations!!

just got the A and interviewed in October!!! i was so shook I literally don't remember what campus she said it was for but I interviewed for AZ LOL so I think it was for that, hopefully the email sent out tomorrow will clarify all details

edit: submitted a letter of interest, got some emails from current students but that was about it

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A call for the MN campus at 9:30 PM EST from my student interviewer. Interviewed late September, sent a letter of interest in November, didn't get a highly ranked email.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to all who were accepted, and welcome to our Mayo family! <3 Current MS1 here who is happy to honestly answer any questions if you have them.

For those who didn't get the call that they were hoping for today, my heart goes out to you. I personally remember feeling completely gutted when I didn't get the call. This is an extremely exciting time, but also an extraordinarily stressful and difficult time. Remember that calls go out all week, and even if you are waitlisted, it really is not the end of the road. Here's just another quick reminder to step away from your computer and to spend time with people you care about. Take time every day to remind yourself that there is a world outside of medicine and this crazy med school admissions hell that we all navigated/are currently navigating. Talk to people you care about. Treat yourself to something you've been putting off because you're "too busy." Keep your head up and realize that you must've been one heck of a bada$$ to even make it this far. Sending love and light your way! <3

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
1644899038653.png

Goodnight.

• Haha
I'll be in the forum 6 years from now like "hey guys do you think it's too late to send a letter of interest"

• Haha
When you work abroad and so don't know if you didn't get a call because they couldn't get through or because I'm not getting a call in general :(

For the flordia campus, do you think calls only go out on the first day (based on previous threads?) for this famous, only the dean calls correct? also, anyone who interviews in November hear back?

For the flordia campus, do you think calls only go out on the first day (based on previous threads?) for this famous, only the dean calls correct? also, anyone who interviews in November hear back?
Fwiw I'm Nov 17th and have not, but I know that data point is not especially useful to you

I interviewed in Nov and heard back yesterday, but for MN.

ughhhh I hope they are still calling today!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
ughhhh I hope they are still calling today!!!
In the past calls have gone out throughout the week so hope is definitely not lost yet
Also, not a perfect science, but the accepted students FB group for AZ only has ~30 people in it right now and I'd guess MN is about the same

Reactions: 1 users
A - MN, received highly ranked email, sent letter of interest early Jan

• Love
Got the A around 1 central time! Interviewed December, 4.0/ low 51x, letter of intent late December, student interviewer called me! Good luck everyone!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Have there been any 2+2 acceptances today?

Honestly, I’m done hoping for an A. I am just praying for a WL spot ☹️

Edit: more sentimental adjectives lol

• Care
Reactions: 7 users