2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an interest-gauging e-mail for PHX campus!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know from previous years if these interest gauging emails typically correlate with an acceptance off the waitlist?
considering they didn't correlate the first time around, i wouldn't stress. They just playing games:rofl:

actually looking at last year's thread, i think they do correlate, but they will send more emails as the waitlist shrinks and more people withdraw. They accepted someone off the WL on May 28th last year, so don't lose hope!

omg I'm sweating over here. May 1 is next Monday but I'm already hyperventilating. PLEASE ACCEPT ME MAYO ILY

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know from previous years if these interest gauging emails typically correlate with an acceptance off the waitlist?
there's some correlation but it's not a guarantee! some years had very little waitlist movement

Just received what I assume is the infamous interest-gauging email from the AZ campus. I did sent a letter of intent in January

Reactions: 1 user
Got the acceptance call just now!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interest email last week, but still waiting on a call. It's gonna be a long month!

Does waitlist movement mainly happen around May 1st? This is starting to feel a bit like they've forgotten about us...

• Sad
I've been tracking the FB group for the past two weeks, and it doesn't look like the size has changed. Does anyone know of folks who've gotten off the WL? Otherwise, it seems like things are pretty much over here
I can't speak for other folks, but my request to join the FB group has been pending since May 2 lol. I think whoever the admin of that page is has just dropped the ball

It seems there hasn’t been any more WL movement. I’m assuming that this cycle is over for Mayo. Is there anything to indicate this is not the case? Just wanting some closure.

Just got the acceptance call!!! Still in shock!! Got an interest-gauging email a couple weeks ago. When I got the call, she said WL movement has been very slow...so maybe there is still hope as the CTE deadline nears. My friend who is a current MS1 said that some of her peers got in a couple weeks before class started! For reference, there are 49 members in the groupme, idk the facebook page. Hope this helps, good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the acceptance call!!! Still in shock!! Got an interest-gauging email a couple weeks ago. When I got the call, she said WL movement has been very slow...so maybe there is still hope as the CTE deadline passes. My friend who is a current MS1 said that some of her peers got in a couple weeks before class started! For reference, there are 49 members in the groupme, idk the facebook page. Hope this helps, good luck everyone!
Congrats!!! That is amazing. Do you know when the CTE deadline is?

Just got the acceptance call!!! Still in shock!! Got an interest-gauging email a couple weeks ago. When I got the call, she said WL movement has been very slow...so maybe there is still hope as the CTE deadline passes. My friend who is a current MS1 said that some of her peers got in a couple weeks before class started! For reference, there are 49 members in the groupme, idk the facebook page. Hope this helps, good luck everyone!
Congrats!

BTW do we all have to commit to enroll to other schools today? If so, how could we get into Mayo after that point? Don't we have to withdraw from all waitlists?

BTW do we all have to commit to enroll to other schools today? If so, how could we get into Mayo after that point? Don't we have to withdraw from all waitlists?
Im not quite sure as CTE deadline is school-dependent. Also some schools don’t close the waitlist until the days leading up to orientation in case of last-minute drops or deferrals