2021-2022 Mayo Clinic, Rochester (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has everyone filled out their FAFSA already? Can we fill it out after next week? Just having trouble hassling my parents for tax docs lol

Has everyone filled out their FAFSA already? Can we fill it out after next week? Just having trouble hassling my parents for tax docs lol
I filled mine out already, if I was in your spot I think I’d just email admissions and/or financial aid and let them know there is a delay?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't see a specific due date or anything, they just recommended you get it done as soon as you can so they can make aid decisions

1645021805851.png

Good morning.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if groveling will work?

• Hmm
Would sending an update around this time be a little strange? I have some new experiences I want to mention, but I don't want to come off desperate timing-wise, haha.

Would sending an update around this time be a little strange? I have some new experiences I want to mention, but I don't want to come off desperate timing-wise, haha.
I recommend waiting until you know definitively whether you're accepted, on the alternate list or rejected. Sending it now most probably will not affect decisions released this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Officially calling it... See you all on March 4th.
Nah we’ll have our decisions before then, probably by early next week based on previous threads. They said BY March 4th, although it doesn’t really make a difference now anyway 😐

Members don't see this ad :)
got the A call earlier today so it’s not over y’all!! i sent a letter of interest and received an email after my interview (idk if it was a highly ranked one or not though)

got the A call earlier today so it’s not over y’all!! i sent a letter of interest and received an email after my interview (idk if it was a highly ranked one or not though)
Mayo is playing w my emotions like a toxic ex 😭

• Haha
  • Care
So what's the consensus....calls are done today or tomorrow?

Just received email as well! Pleasantly surprised by the scholarship amount.

• Love
I interviewed in August. Given no Highly Ranked email and that it’s Friday, is it reasonable to assume I’m an R?

Congratulations to all who were accepted, and welcome to our Mayo family! <3 Current MS1 here who is happy to honestly answer any questions if you have them.

For those who didn't get the call that they were hoping for today, my heart goes out to you. I personally remember feeling completely gutted when I didn't get the call. This is an extremely exciting time, but also an extraordinarily stressful and difficult time. Remember that calls go out all week, and even if you are waitlisted, it really is not the end of the road. Here's just another quick reminder to step away from your computer and to spend time with people you care about. Take time every day to remind yourself that there is a world outside of medicine and this crazy med school admissions hell that we all navigated/are currently navigating. Talk to people you care about. Treat yourself to something you've been putting off because you're "too busy." Keep your head up and realize that you must've been one heck of a bada$$ to even make it this far. Sending love and light your way! <3
Did you get waitlisted from Mayo Clinic at first before your acceptance? (If so what did that look like)...I havent heard back yet so im assuming that I may be waitlisted.

Did you get waitlisted from Mayo Clinic at first before your acceptance? (If so what did that look like)...I havent heard back yet so im assuming that I may be waitlisted.
Rochester usually enrolls about 50 and the Facebook group is at 42, given the number of people who don’t use Facebook anymore, I think we may be SOL entirely

Rochester usually enrolls about 50 and the Facebook group is at 42, given the number of people who don’t use Facebook anymore, I think we may be SOL entirely
Plenty of people join med class groups who eventually withdraw prior to matriculation

ok this was fun at first but I’d like to get off this rollercoaster now

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I was waitlisted. Just an email that came the following week! Nothing fancy.

Thank you for the info!
Do you remember how long you were on the waitlist for before getting your acceptance?
np. I was accepted in June, so I was on it for a hot minute.

Back in early January, I received emails from both of my interviewers saying that I was ranked very highly and that I should feel good about the admissions decision. I did not hear anything back last week, which means I am either waitlisted or rejected so take these "highly ranked" emails with a grain of salt!

UPDATE: Was placed on the waitlist

Last edited:
  • Care
just got the waitlist email (it is pooled for all locations) sent LOI, no post-interview communication from interviewers

• Care
just got the waitlist email (it is pooled for all locations) sent LOI, no post-interview communication from interviewers
bracing for that sweet Monday morning R - and hoping for a brief stint on the WL for everyone who's heard today!!

EDIT: alternate list

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
sorry if this has been asked already - is there a difference between the alternate list and waitlist at Mayo?
They are the same thing. Alternate list is the proper term used by the AAMC which Mayo Clinic also adopts.

No WL email yet. Seems like a grim omen of an R?

My student interviewer was horrible, i was asked unfair questions and spoken to in a very demeaning tone… med schools need to reconsider student interviewers if they’re not going to give them proper training
+1 my student interviewer did the same. also asked to be called "mr/ms ____" instead of their first name despite being like 2 years older than me. weird vibes tbh

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users