2021-2022 Mayo Clinic, Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! Congrats on those who have received an A so far! Quick question (and not sure if this may be for the FB group), does anyone have a great realtor and/or lender they can rec for the valley? SO is a non-trad and we're looking to buy instead of rent... and have some questions. Thanks!
I would reach out to the med school to put you in contact with students who have bought houses/condos

Hi all! Congrats on those who have received an A so far! Quick question (and not sure if this may be for the FB group), does anyone have a great realtor and/or lender they can rec for the valley? SO is a non-trad and we're looking to buy instead of rent... and have some questions. Thanks!
Sorry for the second reply: Your first two years you are almost entirely on the Scottsdale Shea campus (North east scottsdale/Fountain Hiils) and M3/M4 you are 85% on the Mayo hospital campus in North Phoenix about 15.5 miles away. If you are caught up deciding which of the two to live nearer, I'd try to live near the hospital area. M1/2 you will likely be the only one living that direction and feel like you wish you chose to live nearby the Scottsdale campus but you won't regret a shorter commute M3/4

If you want a sense of where to start your search for housing I'm attaching a picture that may help.
Black circle is area around hospital with 10-15 minute commute, pink dot is the hospital, yellow is the area most students rented apartments M1/M2, purple dot is Shea campus, and green circle is around fountain hills which is a great little town that may be an interesting choice as its about 10 min to Shea campus but 30-40 to the hospital but a nice little small town feel.
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 2.19.32 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you go about doing this? I had a meeting with a financial aid advisor and to me it seemed like it was pretty set in stone
I didn’t end up negotiating aid with them. But a few students they connected me with in the fall said that they had negotiated aid successfully. I’d probably just email whoever is the head of financial aid and explain your situation/ leverage other packages that you’ve received. Good luck!

Nothing but pain getting the invitation for the URM virtual session knowing I'm on the waitlist :cryi:

Hello, do you know if Mayo admissions/financial aid is open to negotiation regarding financial aid?
I'll be honest you can try and I encourage you to do so, ask the Dean of Admissions and if this is where you absolutely 100% want to be just ask but since most of it is need-based and they also factor in parental income I got a lot of shoulder shrugs and nothing we can do conversations and basically had to prove that my parents were broke despite their taxes and had no ability to assist in any way for them to change their tune.

Just got an interest-gauging email & starting to think Mayo actually does stuff in alphabetical order.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance call from my interviewer!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
An acceptance call??
A call from a “scout/recruiter” and then from the Dean. However, I did turn them down as I committed to another school today!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Do you think there are still spots being offered or has movement slowed?

Do you think there are still spots being offered or has movement slowed?
I'm really hoping there are still spots available and maybe they are slowly working away at it! it's hard to tell though.

FYI, I just called and the class is currently full. They anticipate some waitlist movement but it all depends on how many people withdraw.

Accepted from the waitlist today-- super excited because this was my top choice. Received an interest letter yesterday.