2016-2017 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure.

MCAT- 523
GPA- 3.94
Definitely
Mcat 521
GPA 4.0

Both of y'all congrats on the stats. Great scores and very indicative of why you were some of the first ones to get IIs.

Members don't see this ad.

So I know it's way way way too early to be justifiably worried that I haven't gotten an II yet....but here i am. Worried out of my mind. Curse you premed neuroticism.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still on the waitlist from last cycle. Can they still offer me an interview now, or would they wait until the waitlist is released first?

Members don't see this ad :)
they should be sending out more interview invites today and the rest of the week right?

they should be sending out more interview invites today and the rest of the week right?
I would imagine so. No one's posted anything yet though.

Edit: I guess nothing today

Last edited:
I just got my II! They're coming around today it seems, I just received the email twenty minutes ago. Best wishes to everyone here!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey O.T.I! Received my II today and just had a question about the interview packet! Were you able to access the link to view the packet, if so how did you do it (my secondary log-in doesn't work). Already RSVP'ed my interview, excited to visit the campus!

Edit: NVM I emailed them and resolved the issue!
Good to hear!

CONGRATS EVERYONE. Still waiting on mine :(

Can we make it a thing where if someone gets an II, and they feel comfortable, they just say their stats and their complete date? Because every other post is asking for one of these lol

Reactions: 3 users

Can we make it a thing where if someone gets an II, and they feel comfortable, they just say their stats and their complete date? Because every other post is asking for one of these lol
in the still waiting club here too....

Complete 6/18 and still waiting as well. Gonna be a long summer :(

Good idea. I hope this can happens across all the Texas threads seeing as we're all probably applicants to the other schools as well.

Complete 6/10 (took awhile to get my transcript and LOR in but I completed secondary around 5/25).
LizzyM: 74.5

Hey O.T.I! Received my II today and just had a question about the interview packet! Were you able to access the link to view the packet, if so how did you do it (my secondary log-in doesn't work). Already RSVP'ed my interview, excited to visit the campus!
Congrats! Stats if you don't mind sharing?

LizzyM is about 65. Not that great, so I'm kind of surprised I got an interview so early. I graduated from A&M, so that might play a little into it.

LizzyM is about 65. Not that great, so I'm kind of surprised I got an interview so early. I graduated from A&M, so that might play a little into it.
That's wonderful! I pray you get many more surprise interviews!

This place is so close to me, I can literally stand outside my house and actually smell the school. Can't wait for that II!

So no more new II since last Thursday?
I'm checking my email(&this forum) like every 15minutes....:(

it's only the beginning of this whole wait game and I'm already tired/anxious of the wait lol

So no more new II since last Thursday?
I'm checking my email(&this forum) like every 15minutes....:(

it's only the beginning of this whole wait game and I'm already tired/anxious of the wait lol
I think (I hope) that this is the calm before the Texan storm that'll start sometime this week.

Hey, would you mind explaining what things such as '65' means, and how you calculate that? New to SDN. Thanks

II this morning! But it's scheduled for a week from now...and flights are so so expensive :( (I'm IS but go to college OOS and am at school for the summer)

In responding to the secondary question regarding personal hardships is it ok to simple say "please refer to my personal statement and optional essay"? I used both of those to write pretty extensively about the major hardships I have experienced and can't really elaborate much more without really repeating myself.

In responding to the secondary question regarding personal hardships is it ok to simple say "please refer to my personal statement and optional essay"? I used both of those to write pretty extensively about the major hardships I have experienced and can't really elaborate much more without really repeating myself.
LOL oh my god no

Are there any other hardships that you could talk about? It's another (valuable) opportunity to show just how awesome of a person you are, so I would strongly advise against doing what you suggested for yourself.

II this morning! But it's scheduled for a week from now...and flights are so so expensive :( (I'm IS but go to college OOS and am at school for the summer)
Congrats!!! Yeah summer school& interviews don't go well, esp when you have to plan flights! But it's still exciting!

May I ask when you submitted and what dates you got offered(or were you only offered one for next wk? It seems odd that they notify you a week prior)

Super shocked, but I woke up to an II this morning! :D such a pleasant surprise

submitted primary 6/17, secondary 6/27
GPA 3.76, MCAT 31

hope to see some of you there!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if these interviews come in waves or is it a one time thing each day? For example, if people received an invite this morning is that all for the day or do they keep going until the end of the day?

Super shocked, but I woke up to an II this morning! :D such a pleasant surprise

submitted primary 6/17, secondary 6/27
GPA 3.76, MCAT 31

hope to see some of you there!

When was your primary transmitted to schools?

II this morning! IS, LM around 73. primary transmitted 5/26 , secondary transmitted 5/30! Super excited!