2016-2017 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! TMDSAS submitted 5/7, Secondary submitted 5/9. Texas LizzyM ~ 72, OOS student. I'm so excited such a nice surprise this morning!
Congrats dude! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to get an interview without LOR??
I ve had everything in already except my committee letter packet which includes all my letters. But all they re telling me is that it ll be submitted by Aug 1st. Thats quite some time from now. :(

II today! TMDSAS submitted 5/7, Secondary submitted 5/9. Texas LizzyM ~ 72, OOS student. I'm so excited such a nice surprise this morning!

Omg congratz! First wave of interviews I'm guessing...nice!

Is it possible to get an interview without LOR??
I ve had everything in already except my committee letter packet which includes all my letters. But all they re telling me is that it ll be submitted by Aug 1st. Thats quite some time from now. :(

On the secondary app page, they make it seem like you need to have EVERYTHING in to be considered complete and to get to the "Under Review" status. Why would they send out the packet so late?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg congratz! First wave of interviews I'm guessing...nice!

On the secondary app page, they make it seem like you need to have EVERYTHING in to be considered complete and to get to the "Under Review" status. Why would they send out the packet so late?!

They are saying its by Aug 1 st so it ll be uploaded most likely in July, its the earliest deadline my school offers since they get a lot of requests for Committee letter... :( Im oos tho, i feel like this is gonna affect me. I mean ppl r already getting interviews!

My sec page says I am "Under Review" though. I just don't know if they 'll give me an interview without the letters.

They are saying its by Aug 1 st so it ll be uploaded most likely in July, its the earliest deadline my school offers since they get a lot of requests for Committee letter... :( Im oos tho, i feel like this is gonna affect me. I mean ppl r already getting interviews!

My sec page says I am "Under Review" though. I just don't know if they 'll give me an interview without the letters.

Wow, that sucks! Maybe they will consider you for an interview. I remember reading a while back about someone posting that they got an interview at some school without having the letters in, so there's hope!

Also, do you mind telling me when your primary was trasmitted, secondaries were completed and you got the "Under Review" status?

Wow, that sucks! Maybe they will consider you for an interview. I remember reading a while back about someone posting that they got an interview at some school without having the letters in, so there's hope!

Also, do you mind telling me when your primary was trasmitted, secondaries were completed and you got the "Under Review" status?

Hmmm i really hope thats true cause i m oos, and they only take like 20 ppl. so if ppl are getting interviewed already by the time my school sends my stuff in....i d be toast...

I submitted TMDSAS 05/31, it was transmitted 06/08 and it just became under review simultaneously cause they got my transcript before i submitted.

Made the mistake of paying my secondary fee at the same time I submitted my secondary, so it will take some time for be to be complete. PAY THE SECONDARY FEE BEFOREHAND IF YOU HAVEN'T YET!!

:boom:

Reactions: 1 users
That is super exciting!!:) congratulations!
Did you receive the invitation by email?

did you guys receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting your secondary? if not, how long did it take to get the confirmation email?

did you guys receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting your secondary? if not, how long did it take to get the confirmation email?
I don't think they send out a confirmation. Just a payment receipt.

"Under Review" :eek: I guess I'm surprised since I thought they would take longer to process my payment. Here's to waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
"Under Review" :eek: I guess I'm surprised since I thought they would take longer to process my payment. Here's to waiting!

how long ago did you make your payment? also at the time of submitting your secondary did it still say that your primary and letters and mcat hadn't been received? bc tmdsas transmitted that stuff weeks ago to the school but the a&m status page still says i haven't received it yet!

how long ago did you make your payment? also at the time of submitting your secondary did it still say that your primary and letters and mcat hadn't been received? bc tmdsas transmitted that stuff weeks ago to the school but the a&m status page still says i haven't received it yet!

I paid on Saturday, so it really only processed in 2 business days. I transmitted on 6/7 and when I submitted they had everything, but I'm not sure exactly when they got it

Just went "Under Review" this morning! So relieved. Thought it would take 4-6 weeks from date of primary transmission like they had stated on the secondary page.

In case anyone is interested:

T'MDSAS submitted: 6/2/16
TMDSAS transmitted: 6/14/16
A&M secondary completed & payment made: 6/16/16
"Under Review": 6/22/16

yeah primary was transmitted to the school like the 2nd week of may and still hasnt been received by a&m....
i'm calling them right now

Mine says "under review" but the boxes that said "true" all disappeared? It is just missing that entire box. Did this happen to anyone else?

Alright my bb's, gonna start doing these secondaries. I have written so much these past couple of weeks that I feel like an english major

Try prewriting around 40 secondaries haha I feel you
Yeah, I didn't start working on secondaries till like early June after I submitted my primary... So, I have been just doing one school at a time, submitting, then doing the next school. The best feeling is when you can recycle essays

Yeah, I didn't start working on secondaries till like early June after I submitted my primary... So, I have been just doing one school at a time, submitting, then doing the next school. The best feeling is when you can recycle essays
So true. I smirk every time I see a prompt and realize that I can use a rehash of other pre-written essays.

Reactions: 1 users
So what is everyone doing for the optional essay #4? I really can't say what I want to do. I was thinking about just writing one succinct sentence expressing that I have experience in different fields, but that there is so much more to see and learn about.

So what is everyone doing for the optional essay #4? I really can't say what I want to do. I was thinking about just writing one succinct sentence expressing that I have experience in different fields, but that there is so much more to see and learn about.
If you don't know what you want to do/ don't have experiences to back up those desires, I'd just leave it blank. I put 3 areas I was interested in and why, but it's more than just "ooooo I like bones!" and picking ortho lol. (I didn't pick ortho, just an example).

yeah primary was transmitted to the school like the 2nd week of may and still hasnt been received by a&m....
i'm calling them right now
The same thing happened to me. Somehow they transcribed my tmdsas number backwards so it wasnt going thru. They corrected it and it said under review the next day.

The same thing happened to me. Somehow they transcribed my tmdsas number backwards so it wasnt going thru. They corrected it and it said under review the next day.

yeah mine was fixed immediately while i was on the phone with them...so glad it wasn't a bigger issue haha

Finally submitted my secondary to A&M today. I am now 'under review'! This one took me a long time... Best of luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
For the fourth question, is it like Southwestern's secondary where it means if you're interested in academic medicine, primary care, health policy, etc. or does it mean field like internal medicine, surgery, peds...?

For the fourth question, is it like Southwestern's secondary where it means if you're interested in academic medicine, primary care, health policy, etc. or does it mean field like internal medicine, surgery, peds...?
I'm pretty sure it means the latter

I think you can do either

I did both.