2016-2017 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reapplicants- are you keeping some old your essays from your past application? I really liked my A&M secondary essay about the Honor Code, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to change that up. Is it a good idea to go in with all new essays?

Members don't see this ad.

Got a call from A&M today and was accepted from the alternate list!! So thrilled to be joining the incoming class.

I was told they're increasing the class size to ~170ish! If you haven't heard back yet, hang in there.

Also to anybody reading this for future reference - do not trust a word people on this site say about admissions processes at any school, including those who say they have "inside information/contacts." Without being 100% positive, some people just spew utter BS about stuff they don't know anything about and induce anxiety on everyone anxiously waiting. Just try not to overthink while you're in the waiting period and patiently ride it out. :)

Reactions: 7 users
Glad to hear they're opening things back up, a lot of those waitlisted deserve a spot. Congratulations to you and all the others who benefit from this change!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from A&M today and was accepted from the alternate list!! So thrilled to be joining the incoming class.

I was told they're increasing the class size to ~170ish! If you haven't heard back yet, hang in there.

Also to anybody reading this for future reference - do not trust a word people on this site say about admissions processes at any school, including those who say they have "inside information/contacts." Without being 100% positive, some people just spew utter BS about stuff they don't know anything about and induce anxiety on everyone anxiously waiting. Just try not to overthink while you're in the waiting period and patiently ride it out. :)
Awesome!! Glad to hear people still have a shot. See you in July!

I got the call yesterday! Hopefully there's more movement still to come. Best of luck to everyone still on the alternate list!

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone call and ask how many offers they made and if they're gonna make anymore?

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone call and ask how many offers they made and if they're gonna make anymore?

Just did! They told me that there is a possibility they would be making more offers off the waitlist. It was very vague haha but I think we should be expecting another wave!

Reactions: 1 users
I got in off the waitlist at the beginning of February. Before they made the decision to shut it down.

I got in off the waitlist at the beginning of February. Before they made the decision to shut it down.

Can you elaborate? I didn't even know they gave out waitlist offers before April in normal cycles.

Members don't see this ad :)
It can happen any time between Match Day (Feb 1) and orientation!

Huh weird. If you look at past threads nobody got an offer off the waitlist before April 15th. Ah well, congrats to that lucky person anyway

Can someone please call and try to find out more information? I keep getting super vague replies from them

Can someone please call and try to find out more information? I keep getting super vague replies from them

When I called, I tried to press for more answers and they only really said the same things. I think we just have to wait and see, unfortunately. In the past, usually these things happened in waves so if they're going to make more waitlist offers, I guess it'll happen this upcoming Tuesday or the next.

When I called, I tried to press for more answers and they only really said the same things. I think we just have to wait and see, unfortunately. In the past, usually these things happened in waves so if they're going to make more waitlist offers, I guess it'll happen this upcoming Tuesday or the next.
I have noticed the same thing when I called. It's interesting that you said Tuesday. Why that particular day?

Budget has been approved officially! This might fare well for everyone else with a good position in the waitlist who hasn't gotten in yet.

For those that attend TAMU, what do you like about the school and what things does it have to offer?

For those that attend TAMU, what do you like about the school and what things does it have to offer?

I love all the support I've gotten. Staff are friendly and open. They give up soooo much of their personal time to help out students. (They also try to bribe you to come in by offering treats in their office. One prof I've seen give out snacks sometimes when she sees students studying). When I go out to study anatomy, I've always run into a prof there that is willing to go over material with you.

One thing that they added this year was a clinical skills boot camp. They are working hard for us to learn how to interact with patients within the first week and have a complete physical exam done by the end of the semester. I personally liked that.

I've also enjoyed my class and all the upperclassmen. It's super collaborative, everyone always reaching out to help each other.

Overall, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment.

I love all the support I've gotten. Staff are friendly and open. They give up soooo much of their personal time to help out students. (They also try to bribe you to come in by offering treats in their office. One prof I've seen give out snacks sometimes when she sees students studying). When I go out to study anatomy, I've always run into a prof there that is willing to go over material with you.

One thing that they added this year was a clinical skills boot camp. They are working hard for us to learn how to interact with patients within the first week and have a complete physical exam done by the end of the semester. I personally liked that.

I've also enjoyed my class and all the upperclassmen. It's super collaborative, everyone always reaching out to help each other.

Overall, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment.

I noticed that there is a "Health for All" Clinic. Is it still active?

the secondary portal said sept 30 5pm. somehow I didn't login to the portal head of time.... assumed it was another day/ or atleast until midnight..and then I failed to notice that the application didn't save everything when I got direct to "CLICK HERE To pay secondary fee" page. So that's why it was 5:06pm b.c I spend 6 mins retyping everything aagain

Sometimes, some offices consider 6pm or even the day of as OK even if they advertise otherwise. Not the best option, but its ok.
Hey! I know this is old but did they end up accepting your secondary?