2015-2016 University of Tennessee Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who has interviewed not heard anything one way or the other? As of today I haven't received any emails or actual mail. I interviewed 12/1.
I interviewed on 12/8 and I got my letter in the mail on Monday in Maryland. Are you located in TN? Not sure why they wouldn't have gotten to you at the meeting.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 12/8 and I got my letter in the mail on Monday in Maryland. Are you located in TN? Not sure why they wouldn't have gotten to you at the meeting.

I live in Chattanooga. I thought maybe it was a fluke when nothing came Monday but the mail just came today and there was nothing.

I live in Chattanooga. I thought maybe it was a fluke when nothing came Monday but the mail just came today and there was nothing.
Hmm. That's weird. Well I hope it comes tomorrow for you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe one of your interviewers couldn't make it to the meeting, so they will discuss you at the next meeting?

Possibly? Not really sure at this point. Regardless, a simple update would make me feel a lot better, even if it is just on hold. I'm already stressed waiting to hear something, but not hearing anything is excruciating.

Are any girls accepted yet. I need to find a roommate.

I'm canceling my interview as I've already chosen my school. Good luck to someone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any last minute advice for interviews tomorrow?

On Monday they said they were meeting this Friday and next Friday

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 4 users
Here's to hoping the committee was in a good mood this afternoon

From last years thread, there were several accepted off of hold the week of the 24th. This meeting today may be the meeting it happens for us! Fingers crossed!

I was placed on hold :(
Don't be discouraged! I know it's hard but when I reached out to Nelson about it, the email he sent me back was very encouraging. It might help you too!

Is there any way of knowing when your file has been rereviewed or do you just keep waiting for a decision in the mail?

I am hoping some decisions come out this week as they did last year at this time!

Hey all. I just had a question in regards to my application.

Is it worth calling the Admissions Department about your application status? I met with Dean Strother in August 2015 to discuss my application, and he recommended I take some extra upper level science classes. During the series of discussions that took place, in November 2015, I was told I was going to get an interview but that they haven't scheduled me one yet. My last correspondence with Dean Strother was 1/1/16. I have been discussing my application with him as I am a re-applicant from last year's cycle. I have electronically sent them the transcript from the University of Memphis (where I took the extra classes) in December 2015.

I would appreciate any sort of guidance in this matter. I would be happy to provide any more pertinent information, if needed.

^
If Mr. Strother told you that you will be interviewing, I wouldn't worry as they still have three more months. I don't think there is any harm in calling/emailing if that would make you feel better though. They understand how important this is to people.

Good luck!

Hey all. I just had a question in regards to my application.

Is it worth calling the Admissions Department about your application status? I met with Dean Strother in August 2015 to discuss my application, and he recommended I take some extra upper level science classes. During the series of discussions that took place, in November 2015, I was told I was going to get an interview but that they haven't scheduled me one yet. My last correspondence with Dean Strother was 1/1/16. I have been discussing my application with him as I am a re-applicant from last year's cycle. I have electronically sent them the transcript from the University of Memphis (where I took the extra classes) in December 2015.

I would appreciate any sort of guidance in this matter. I would be happy to provide any more pertinent information, if needed.
I agree with @LeftyLadyDoc. If he said you will receive an interview, I believe him. And they haven't really stuck to the 2-3 weeks notice this year. I got my invitation 6 days before my interview, so it could come any time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I agree with @LeftyLadyDoc. If he said you will receive an interview, I believe him. And they haven't really stuck to the 2-3 weeks notice this year. I got my invitation 6 days before my interview, so it could come any time.

I appreciate the feedback! Thank you both!

I just wasn't sure what to think of my situation after so much time elapsed. But yes, definitely reassuring. I have no reason to not believe him, so I'll remain patient!

Admissions did not meet last Friday due to a storm. Hopefully some news gets released soon.

Admissions did not meet last Friday due to a storm. Hopefully some news gets released soon.

Hopefully they still met on the 15th and are possibly sending news out today/tomorrow!

They sent out mail this past Tuesday for those that had committee meeting on Jan 15th.

Is it just me or does it seem like there are so many more holds this year on the thread than last year?

Really hoping for a letter tomorrow as I live all the way in MD!

It's certainly a weird experience for me. I got an interview in October last application cycle. But now, I'm not hearing anything from them despite me submitting my secondary in early September. I hope you guys hear positive news soon!

Is it just me or does it seem like there are so many more holds this year on the thread than last year?

Really hoping for a letter tomorrow as I live all the way in MD!
There were just as many holds last year. This process is just frustrating.

Thanks, Good luck!

There were just as many holds last year. This process is just frustrating.

Yep^ Was on hold last year...something like 270 others were in the same boat. Extremely frustrating if you ask me...not sure why the hold list is double the class size