2021-2022 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was an army medic from 2014-2018 and had to do the old apft. It was always the skinny people who maxed everything while the gymrats went beyond max on pushups/situps and then gassed out on the run lol. The new acft seems better suited to bigger gymrats but that 2 mile run still lurks as the last event.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heads up regarding the new Army test removed leg tucks and now it is just the plank.
I think they also updated the times and separated male and female as well.

So speaking of the PT tests, which happen at summer officer training course, I’m very curious if those accepted got info about summer officer training? It’s really right around the corner, for example army dcc is scheduled to begin June 12. So just being 7 weeks away I would think information would be sent out about now?

Members don't see this ad :)
So speaking of the PT tests, which happen at summer officer training course, I’m very curious if those accepted got info about summer officer training? It’s really right around the corner, for example army dcc is scheduled to begin June 12. So just being 7 weeks away I would think information would be sent out about now?
That’s according to the website, however the acceptance letter and commissioning email have different dates atm. I will admit it’s a little nerve wrecking not knowing when we are going

It's purely my guess and assumption. But they might have put more people in primary waitlist this year because of the war in Ukraine now. The reason why I thought so is that I saw only few people saying they got alternate list or R. ADCOM might have expected more people withdrawing their acceptance. Yet, the economic downturn may have made more people to hold onto their acceptance.

That’s according to the website, however the acceptance letter and commissioning email have different dates atm. I will admit it’s a little nerve wrecking not knowing when we are going
What are those dates if you don’t mind sharing?

It's purely my guess and assumption. But they might have put more people in primary waitlist this year because of the war in Ukraine now. The reason why I thought so is that I saw only few people saying they got alternate list or R. ADCOM might have expected more people withdrawing their acceptance. Yet, the economic downturn may have made more people to hold onto their acceptance.
I see your point but the war in Ukraine escalated to international news in February , but they’ve been waitlisting since last Fall

What are those dates if you don’t mind sharing?

My acceptance email says: 05 July - 03 Aug

My liaison email says: 21 July - 19 Aug

AMEDD website for FY22 Active component puts us at: 13 June - 15 July.

Im almost convinced the liaison email is a typo and the most likely date is the acceptance email due being able to report to USU immediately after graduation.

Btw, the class is not even full. They are slowly moving people off the waitlist from what it seems like. As incognito has stated, SDN is not representative of the class.

Reactions: 1 users
My acceptance email says: 05 July - 03 Aug

My liaison email says: 21 July - 19 Aug

AMEDD website for FY22 Active component puts us at: 13 June - 15 July.

Im almost convinced the liaison email is a typo and the most likely date is the acceptance email due being able to report to USU immediately after graduation.
Thank you for sharing, the different dates are pretty confusing. Is your branch Army?

Heads up regarding the new Army test removed leg tucks and now it is just the plank.
I think they also updated the times and separated male and female as well.
Yeah, so much for making a gender-standardized test, per the original vision for this updated test lol (stating this as a female)

Thank you for sharing, the different dates are pretty confusing. Is your branch Army?
Yeah, my branch is Army. I’m just waiting to hear feedback on the official dates. Since classes are reported to start Aug 15, I expect the liaison email is wrong.

Do you know who is address and who I send a potential letter of intent

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully we will be seeing more waitlist movement starting this week!🤞🏽

Reactions: 16 users
Also officially withdrew my acceptance here, I hope it goes to one of the many wonderful people who I’ve been following in this thread. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just got the A!!!! For Navy!! So so excited. Good luck to everyone else!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
CONGRATULATIONS, was it a call or email?

My admissions counselor called me from a Washington, D.C. number. As soon as she said the word acceptance I was crying and she was so so excited for me. 10/10 best phone call ever

Reactions: 7 users
My admissions counselor called me from a Washington, D.C. number. As soon as she said the word acceptance I was crying and she was so so excited for me. 10/10 best phone call ever
Congratulations!! That’s amazing.

Interviewed November, Waitlisted February, accepted TODAY!!! I’m shaking from excitement!!!! Thank you guys for all the support in staying sane during the waiting process!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Offered unconditional acceptance for Air Force about 2 hrs ago! A huge thank you to my incredible armed services brother and sisters as we use our skills to help the world! Too bad there is no second look as I enjoyed my visit in December! A huge shout out to CPT Liotta for spending time with me there and on the phone to give his personal insights into helping me make my decision. We appreciated the support here on sdn so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed November, Waitlisted February, accepted TODAY!!! I’m shaking from excitement!!!! Thank you guys for all the support in staying sane during the waiting process!
lol well i guess we know where arnim and sweezus' slots went. Congratulations!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Also got the call from Captain Liotta this morning! Accepted for Army after being waitlisted on April 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Huge congrats on everyone who heard the good news today! Excited to see y’all this fall!

Long time lurker, first time contributor here.

I interviewed the week of January 17th and just received the decision of waitlist. I'm cautiously optimistic about not being listed as an alternate. Add me to the "anxiously awaiting WL movement" pile. Sending good luck vibes to all!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats dude! I may see you at DCC if you’ll be coming!

Thanks, man! I'm prior service, so I'll be sitting DCC out. Definitely looking forward to meeting everybody in the fall, though. I'm also in the DC area right now, if anybody is in town and wants to meet up.

By the way, has anyone received a definitive timeline yet? Especially regarding the first day of orientation/classes? Nothing was included in the acceptance email I got, but the academic calendar on the USUHS website says the Fall 2022 semester begins on 15 August. I'm assuming we have to report earlier for orientation, though. Anybody receive anything definitive yet?

Thanks, man! I'm prior service, so I'll be sitting DCC out. Definitely looking forward to meeting everybody in the fall, though. I'm also in the DC area right now, if anybody is in town and wants to meet up.

By the way, has anyone received a definitive timeline yet? Especially regarding the first day of orientation/classes? Nothing was included in the acceptance email I got, but the academic calendar on the USUHS website says the Fall 2022 semester begins on 15 August. I'm assuming we have to report earlier for orientation, though. Anybody receive anything definitive yet?

Never mind. Just saw the previous posts about this from last week. Oh well, I guess we're all waiting on an official schedule.

Does anyone know when you would get your orders? Is it when they send you the unconditional A? Or when you commit to enroll?

Second question: do you have to go get commissioned before ODS/DCC/OTS? (Asking specifically for Navy)

Does anyone know when you would get your orders? Is it when they send you the unconditional A? Or when you commit to enroll?

Second question: do you have to go get commissioned before ODS/DCC/OTS? (Asking specifically for Navy)
I believe commissioning happens at the end of ODS.

Edit: what I was told in regards to HPSP. Not sure if it is different through USUHS.

Last edited:

I think the best person that can give an absolute answer to your questions is your admission counselor. It’s best to reach out to the school directly to avoid being misinformed.
As a current member in the military, I would assume that you will get your orders once you commit to enroll. You can swear in and commission before going to officer training school. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. But my best advice is reach out to the school! 😊 good luck!

You definitely attend ODS as a commissioned officer, not sure when you commission, but for nuke instructors attending ODS over the summer it was usually 1-2weeks before arriving. The details of the commissioning are up to the sponsor organization and should be explained in your orders or by the school. You could probably email [email protected] for specific questions too, but I would wait for more info since it's still a ways off.

For Army,
I know you’ll take your oath of office at DCC so you’ll commission there I think.

Army DCC is up in the air still as there are conflicting dates and they are trying to figure out the best way to do things.

Per USU website, we start classes Aug 15th and given the orientation at USU is like two weeks, we report beginning of August.

(I’m new to the military so please correct me if I’m wrong)

For Army,
I know you’ll take your oath of office at DCC so you’ll commission there I think.

Army DCC is up in the air still as there are conflicting dates and they are trying to figure out the best way to do things.

Per USU website, we start classes Aug 15th and given the orientation at USU is like two weeks, we report beginning of August.

(I’m new to the military so please correct me if I’m wrong)

CPT Liotta said since I am already airforce commissioned, I would report no later than Aug 1st for orientation. Hope this helps.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I never thought i'd find a weekend I want to end quicker than the one with CTE. Usual distractions have worked out so far for the last few months but I need a little extra.
Just to change it up a little, what are all the waitlisters doing as a distraction? Anything special or business as usual?

I have some schoolwork I need to finish up before the semester's over. Maybe squeeze in some gym time.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I never thought i'd find a weekend I want to end quicker than the one with CTE. Usual distractions have worked out so far for the last few months but I need a little extra.
Just to change it up a little, what are all the waitlisters doing as a distraction? Anything special or business as usual?

I have some schoolwork I need to finish up before the semester's over. Maybe squeeze in some gym time.
I feel it, 100%. Trying to distract myself with the gym. Played in a recreational softball game last night and fiancee is having a bridal shower today. Just trying to distract myself lol. Hoping and praying for a call within the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
Just have been refreshing my email, SDN, Reddit, Facebook group like crazy lmfao 🤣 If adcom is reading this, please let us off the waitlists when there are spots open, PLEASE lol. I have never wanted something this much in my life 😂

Reactions: 6 users

Just the usual gym and work this weekend. Trying not to obsess over what I can’t control but occasionally failing at that lol. I hope this weekend passes quickly for you all, and we get some great news next week.

Just have been refreshing my email, SDN, Reddit, Facebook group like crazy lmfao 🤣 If adcom is reading this, please let us off the waitlists when there are spots open, PLEASE lol. I have never wanted something this much in my life 😂
Yeah, it's really tough to keep your mind off it haha. I've mostly been pouring myself into work and taking extra classes to bump GPA. The unfortunate part of this process is that there's no way to improve an application unless you presume rejection and start making changes very early. :lol:

What’s the Facebook group? I know there’s one for accepted students. Is there another one?

How do you guys handle the negative feeling of probably not getting off the waitlist and having to reapply?

Just withdrew my A from Air Force. One of you is getting a call soon!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Got a call from Dr. Liotta this morning! Accepted into the PHS after being waitlisted on 12/23!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got a call from Dr. Liotta this morning! Accepted into the PHS after being waitlisted on 12/23!
oh dang, congratulations! super-exclusive. i bet your week is set

Reactions: 2 users