2022-2023 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Until when does UT interview? What do you guys think about interest/ intent letters pre interview?
I tried to send one but they only accept them from people who have interviewed :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to send one but they only accept them from people who have interviewed :/
This is what I had heard but I didn’t know if a letter would be considered an update necessarily. I’m just desperate at this point, I love the school, the city and the community but since submitting secondary in august I haven’t heard anything aside from that one email in December being like “we’re still reviewing apps”

II received 1/20, submitted my secondary September 1st.
I know they interview through March, so keep hanging in there if you haven't received an invite yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I had heard but I didn’t know if a letter would be considered an update necessarily. I’m just desperate at this point, I love the school, the city and the community but since submitting secondary in august I haven’t heard anything aside from that one email in December being like “we’re still reviewing apps”
If you do, let me know how it goes!

Shout out to everyone continually refreshing this feed to see if they’ve called anyone for A’s yetkeep up the faith everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone go to the student night zoom after their interview?

did anyone go to the student night zoom after their interview?

Yes I did, it was pretty chill. Very informal Q&A session. The students I talked to were great and very honest, not so much trying to sell the school but just giving you their experiences.

Finally stopped shaking long enough to type. Got the acceptance call! Good luck everyone, never give up and never forget your why!
Congrats that's amazing!! I also interviewed on this date but didn't hear anything this week. Does that mean I most likely got rejected/deferred?

Congrats that's amazing!! I also interviewed on this date but didn't hear anything this week. Does that mean I most likely got rejected/deferred?

I wouldn’t think that just yet, I feel like they are taking their time in letting people know, I guess they go through each person one at a time. A few people that interviewed with me got the call a day or two before I did so don’t give up hope!

Been on a pre-interview hold/waitlist since August. I know Tennessee says they only accept updates/LOI for post-interview applicants, so is there nothing I can do? Should I just shoot my shot and send something anyways? If so, should I send it via an email or the portal? Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Been on a pre-interview hold/waitlist since August. I know Tennessee says they only accept updates/LOI for post-interview applicants, so is there nothing I can do? Should I just shoot my shot and send something anyways? If so, should I send it via an email or the portal? Thank you for your help!
Pre-interview hold? Waitlist is usually after you interviewed already

A term @piantaplay suggested. Essentially I have not been rejected, but also have not yet been interviewed.
I didn’t suggest that. You said Pre-interview Waitlist/hold. And I was asking you what you were referring to. Because I don’t think that exists.

A term @piantaplay suggested. Essentially I have not been rejected, but also have not yet been interviewed.
I believe at most schools that’s just called not hearing back yet - it’s not a hold or waitlist at all. Some schools like George Washington actually do have a pre-interview hold where your application gets reviewed again later, however UTHSC doesn’t have a hold system like this.

I submitted my secondary August 2022 and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if they send rejection emails?

I submitted my secondary August 2022 and haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if they send rejection emails?
Based on my experience applying in the past, they don’t sent rejection emails until the cycle is over. That being said, the cycle isn’t over yet and they are still sending IIs. I submitted in mid July and didn’t get an interview until early January, so you may still have one coming your way!

anyone who interviewed last week hear anything back yet?

anyone who interviewed last week hear anything back yet?
I haven't. During the interview day they said we would hear back in 3-4 weeks, but seeing people post on here that they were hearing back like the next week after their interview has me stressing lol

Anyone know the frequency in which they send out interviews? As in any specific days of the week or how many days are left in the cycle?

just got the alternate email after interviewing last week.

maybe just a thought to make myself feel less stressed about being put on the alternate list, but i wonder if they are waiting till after the “plan to enroll” tool becomes available to gauge their class size?

Anyone who interviewed 2/13 receive any news yet? Seems that the turnaround is ~ 1 week!

II just now, completed way back in late August!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview!!! I'm shaking!! Does anyone have any tips?

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview!!! I'm shaking!! Does anyone have any tips?
Congrats! One interview was very academic based (like how you study) and other was more based on experiences. Both were fine though. Best of luck.

Dang.. I'm holding out hope for an II ...

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an email about the merit based scholarships?