2015-2016 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What about oos and no response since October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since your interview in october? I'm in the same boat. OOS chances are slim I'm afraid...

Members don't see this ad.

What about oos and no response since October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm IS and haven't heard anything since October, as well. SO you're not alone in the nauseous anxiety game!!!!!! #WTHamIgoingtodonextyear

Reactions: 1 user
II today! IS and "Remain Under Consideration" since October. Stay hopeful!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted just now. Guess the admissions committee met today. I'm IS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted just now. OOS applicant. Interviewed 1/14

Nice congrats. Is it one of your top choices? Mind sharing stats? I'm OOS with kind of meh stats.
Thank you! Yes, it's one of my front runners. Just got "that feeling" during my interview day. 3.96/35. Reapplicant. Good luck!

OOS Accepted yesterday! Interviewed early October. Anyone know if there is a second look day?

OOS Accepted yesterday! Interviewed early October. Anyone know if there is a second look day?
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? You can PM me if you would like.

What does it mean if you remain in "campus choices received" for months and continue to get passed over for the acceptances? I know they say no news is good news, but this feels like a negative. How likely is it that you wait for months to get a rejection in April, has anyone been rejected at this point?

What does it mean if you remain in "campus choices received" for months and continue to get passed over for the acceptances? I know they say no news is good news, but this feels like a negative. How likely is it that you wait for months to get a rejection in April, has anyone been rejected at this point?

By March/15, all medical schools have to send acceptance letters equal to their max number of seats.
On Apr/1, medical schools can see profile of all applicants which will show whether they got accepted or not.
By Apr/30, applicants who hold multiple acceptances must drop all acceptances except their top choice (also except waitlists)

My logic is that

1) if I don't hear back by Mar/15, I will probably be waitlisted.
2) By Mid Apr, UAB will come up with a waitlist (with tiers, according to the thread last year)
3) Just after Apr/30, there will be a huge movement in the waitlist.
4) After that, for more seats to be available, people who hold UAB acceptances must be accepted by another school (through waitlist) that they would choose over UAB.

I maybe wrong.
But you can refer to AAMC application traffic rule.

I hope that we all get accepted before Mar/15

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Thats the timeline i have been following as well. The only thing is, and I don't mean this negatively, the assumption that if we don't hear back by ~March 15 that we will probably be waitlisted, what is the basis of this? I am trying to figure out what the likelihood is that you wait for months to get rejected around March 15 or later.

Also, what does that April 1 date mean? Medical schools have the ability to see which schools you have applied and the outcome? Thats interesting, I was under the impression that they already had access to this information. Maybe at this point they can only see the schools to which you applied.

I hope we all get accepted too :arghh:

By March/15, all medical schools have to send acceptance letters equal to their max number of seats.
On Apr/1, medical schools can see profile of all applicants which will show whether they got accepted or not.
By Apr/30, applicants who hold multiple acceptances must drop all acceptances except their top choice (also except waitlists)

My logic is that

1) if I don't hear back by Mar/15, I will probably be waitlisted.
2) By Mid Apr, UAB will come up with a waitlist (with tiers, according to the thread last year)
3) Just after Apr/30, there will be a huge movement in the waitlist.
4) After that, for more seats to be available, people who hold UAB acceptances must be accepted by another school (through waitlist) that they would choose over UAB.

I maybe wrong.
But you can refer to AAMC application traffic rule.

I hope that we all get accepted before Mar/15

Last edited:
Thanks! Thats the timeline i have been following as well. The only thing is, and I don't mean this negatively, the assumption that if we don't hear back by ~March 15 that we will probably be waitlisted, what is the basis of this? I am trying to figure out what the likelihood is that you wait for months to get rejected around March 15 or later.

Also, what does that April 1 date mean? Medical schools have the ability to see which schools you have applied and the outcome? Thats interesting, I was under the impression that they already had access to this information. Maybe at this point they can only see the schools to which you applied.

I hope we all get accepted too :arghh:

I think in apr medical schools can figure out whether you have at least one acceptance or not. I believe this means , assuming similar stat, one with no acceptance will be assigned with a higher priority.

Oh gosh. I hate waiting

I hope it would mean higher priority acceptance versus less motivation because no competition with other schools. Trying to figure all of this out can really drive you insane haha

I think in apr medical schools can figure out whether you have at least one acceptance or not. I believe this means , assuming similar stat, one with no acceptance will be assigned with a higher priority.

Oh gosh. I hate waiting

Campus assignments up for the last batch

The more you try to make sense of the whole process, the more frustrated you'll become. As a reapp, I've been down that road. Just try to hang on and enjoy the ride

Reactions: 5 users
I was accepted Friday, Huntsville campus assignment!

Just an update from an OOS applicant for other OOS folks:

Interviewed 02/11, accepted 02/26, Birmingham campus assignment.

Any chance of an interview this late? OOS applicant.

There are two interview dates left.
Interviewees for 3/10 interview will most likely get informed on coming Friday.
Hope you get invited.

Have any Feb. 18th interviewee's been accepted?

Birmingham assignment. Anyone know how long it takes for Blazer id to be created for us?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys,

A few of us who interviewed today are going out to get a couple of drinks later on tonight. Anyone is welcome to join!

Hey guys,

A few of us who interviewed today are going out to get a couple of drinks later on tonight. Anyone is welcome to join!

Thanks for invite but I'll be at work until late tonight.

Did they mention anything about when the committee will be meeting next?

Just got the rejection email. Complete 10/28. OOS applicant. Good luck to everyone else.

Admissions has updated the website to say that today was the last interview. Hoping we all hear something soon! Good luck everyone!

Any oos ppl planning to go to this school? What's people's opinions on the school here as well as student environment?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Any oos ppl planning to go to this school? What's people's opinions on the school here as well as student environment?

OOSer here. Loved this school and definitely would like to go to Birmingham. Waiting for financial aid to see if my COA is cut down.

I haven't been accepted yet, but if I am, I will be attending. I'm from a neighboring state.

Just got the rejection email. Complete 10/28. OOS applicant. Good luck to everyone else.

Sorry to hear that man. Was UAB your first choice? You've been accepted to another school, correct?

OOS here and pretty sure I'll be here in the fall.

Birmingham assignment. Anyone know how long it takes for Blazer id to be created for us?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They will send you an email at some point with the link for you to create your own ID. I'm unsure how long it will take because I was accepted early on and didn't get the email until like February. I'm sure they are more on top of it now!

Sorry to hear that man. Was UAB your first choice? You've been accepted to another school, correct?
No, it wasn't my first choice. And yes, I have been accepted somewhere else!