2022-2023 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if UAB accepts LOIs?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcom just tweeted that they’re starting calls

Post-II R just now. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Gotcha, I’m sorry that y’all waited so long for bad news :/, but thanks for the info

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected post interview from November. OOS strong ties. LM 70. Sitting on 4 acceptances. No regrets here.....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
October interviewer here. Still haven’t heard anything as far as WL/A/R. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Anyone remember what day we have to commit by off the top of their heads? One of the emails I got early on said we have "until April 30, 2023 to make a final commitment" but I feel like I remember being told it's later and WL movement for some of my schools doesn't start until May. Are we really just having to put all our eggs in one basket?

Edit:
Just kidding I'm blind. On the portal it says we have until July 3 to commit to enroll :)

I think there are different date for when we commit using the CYMS tool and when we commit to the school

What are the MCAT scores at UAB got accepted as an Out of state student?

Anyone know what time they usually start making calls? Going to be on pins and needles
In the past it started around 5:30EST, though I believe last time they met they did not make any calls

In the past it started around 5:30EST, though I believe last time they met they did not make any calls
They tweeted last time that they were making calls. Important to remember that not every applicant either reports their A on sdn or uses SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
I just called them
They said today was the last committee meeting where they’re reviewing interviews. The one on the 23rd was for scholarships and other things. So we should hear some sort of final decision by Monday

But idkkkk bc a friend told me that he didnt hear from UAB till summer

I just called them
They said today was the last committee meeting where they’re reviewing interviews. The one on the 23rd was for scholarships and other things. So we should hear some sort of final decision by Monday

But idkkkk bc a friend told me that he didnt hear from UAB till summer
o_O October interviewer here just hoping for answers... AHH! Good luck everyone!! <3

Is anyone else under consideration for the Blaze program? If so, have you heard anything back yet?

Is anyone else under consideration for the Blaze program? If so, have you heard anything back yet?

A friend of mine did Blaze a few years ago, she didn’t hear back the day they met, but heard back within a week!

All this waiting just for them to not say anything 😭

When was your interview date and your MCAT score and are you in-state?
Sorry for the super late response, I'm out-of-state, California resident, however I went to UAB for grad school so I have strong ties. And my MCAt was a 510

Check twitter. Sounds like offers were made and it is waitlist only moving forward.

Reactions: 3 users
Wait so if we didn’t hear back we’re gonna be waitlisted? Or is getting rejected a possibility too?

Wait so if we didn’t hear back we’re gonna be waitlisted? Or is getting rejected a possibility too?

From what I have heard and past experience if you haven’t recieved an A yet you will either be waitlisted or rejected. I know they have a very small WL because most people once accepted do not give up their seat. I was told the WL might move 10 people max, but I dont know exactly how many are on it.