2022-2023 South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^Want to hear if anyone has reached out this year so far? Hasn't seemed to be a whole lot of interviews out there.
I know they are conducting interviews; I just don't think that the applicants are active on SDN. Also I sent an update letter but never heard anything bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent in an update letter with success later?

Just a little info to share.

I interviewed on 12/14, it was super casual and low-stress. Though I still felt unprepared, lol.

Sadly, I got put on hold. Was ultimately told they were only accepting a "small number" right now and everyone else would be put on hold until after all interviews are completed and then the holds will be looked at again. I confirmed they do not look at the holds at any meetings in between. Currently, IIRC the last interviews are scheduled for March 1st, but one of my interviewers said they were short a few interviewers this season and were interviewing fewer people each date so they may have to add more dates for interviews.

I'm not sure about letters of intent, was planning to submit one as well. Admissions has been out of the office from 12/16(?) to today. So you may hear back this week if you've sent email and not heard.

IS, USA Alum, LM about 65? Non-traditional, most of my life in Mobile, but currently in Huntsville.

Reactions: 1 user
I sent a follow-up email asking for a status update about "being on hold." Email reply just said that there was no changes.

My first Interview invite!!!!!!! I sent an update letter Dec 27, got an email this morning saying it was added to my app, and then interview invite email later this afternoon so would def recommend sending continued interest or update letters

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know the turnaround time for decisions after interviews? Interviewed on 1/18 and was told them that we would hear by today (Friday), but haven’t gotten anything…..

does anyone know the turnaround time for decisions after interviews? Interviewed on 1/18 and was told them that we would hear by today (Friday), but haven’t gotten anything…..

Check the communication tab in your portal. I know someone that was accepted and never received an acceptance email. USA emailed them a month later reminding them that their deposit anf background check was due.

Check the communication tab in your portal. I know someone that was accepted and never received an acceptance email. USA emailed them a month later reminding them that their deposit anf background check was due.
Interesting...yeah I just logged into my portal to check, but unfortunately its not one of those amp portals where you can see communications and status and such. It basically just says you application is complete and thats the only page. I'm assuming that maybe they are just behind on sending emails, but starting to worry a little bit haha I really want to go here

Welp just got the email saying I’m on hold. Not really sure what this means…anyone have any details?

I've been on hold since October! From last year's thread it looks like we are kind of in a pool...future Rs, future WL, or future A. See the bright side - you did not get an R!

• Care
I've been on hold since October! From last year's thread it looks like we are kind of in a pool...future Rs, future WL, or future A. See the bright side - you did not get an R!
thank you so much for this encouragement. tbh I was very upset that it was not good odds so this helps a lot! Good luck to you as well! Do you know if they take LOI or if that would even affect anything?

thank you so much for this encouragement. tbh I was very upset that it was not good odds so this helps a lot! Good luck to you as well! Do you know if they take LOI or if that would even affect anything?
I've sent 2 updates - they are quite nice about it. Fingers crossed for you and for me!

April 2023
  • Applicants who have not been accepted will be placed on the wait list or rejected.

Anyone on HOLD post-interview been accepted from this thread? Been on HOLD since October and haven't heard anything. Just curious if those on HOLD are "still in play" until the waitlist comes out in April

Anyone on HOLD post-interview been accepted from this thread? Been on HOLD since October and haven't heard anything. Just curious if those on HOLD are "still in play" until the waitlist comes out in April
From what I understand I think if they place you on hold after interview they don’t look at your app again until they are building the waitlist in early April….

I'm still on HOLD post-interview since October as well. It is super frustrating...

Just got the A via email! Interviewed on 1/25

Reactions: 1 users
Can confirm they said they wouldn't touch hold files again until after all interviews are done.

Edit: They had said 3/1 was last interview, but was subject to change.

Congrats! We’re you on Hold after your interview?
I wasn't. I interviewed on 1/25 and they told us on interview day we'd either hear back for acceptance or hold on 2/10.

Last time I applied here I ended up going II->hold->WL->R, so I know how stressful the hold status is and I'm hoping everyone here pending a final decision gets in

IS student, counted complete in late September due to a later letter. Have heard absolutely nothing since then. Anyone in the same boat and/or know if this means rejection? Given what Phillip Greene said, I would guess that the last interview invites will be going out in the next couple weeks.

I wasn't. I interviewed on 1/25 and they told us on interview day we'd either hear back for acceptance or hold on 2/10.

Last time I applied here I ended up going II->hold->WL->R, so I know how stressful the hold status is and I'm hoping everyone here pending a final decision gets in
When did you get the R during last year's cycle? Lot of folks are getting near having to renew leases, etc. Just curious how long I may have to hold my breath.

When did you get the R during last year's cycle? Lot of folks are getting near having to renew leases, etc. Just curious how long I may have to hold my breath.
I actually applied 2 cycles ago (2020-2021), but my timeline was: Interview on 10/21, Hold on 12/11, Waitlist on 04/02, and Rejection on 06/08.
Someone in that cycle actually got accepted on 06/29 on SDN though after being on the waitlist.

I actually applied 2 cycles ago (2020-2021), but my timeline was: Interview on 10/21, Hold on 12/11, Waitlist on 04/02, and Rejection on 06/08.
Someone in that cycle actually got accepted on 06/29 on SDN though after being on the waitlist.
Sounds just like my timeline....Interviewed early Oct, hold about 2 weeks later, and crickets up to this point.

I submitted a letter of intent last week as the last thing I think I can do to help myself. Confirmed (on 2/16) last interviews are still scheduled for 3/1 at this time and "The hold list is still being looked at. A waitlist will be created sometime in early April."

I submitted a letter of intent last week as the last thing I think I can do to help myself. Confirmed (on 2/16) last interviews are still scheduled for 3/1 at this time and "The hold list is still being looked at. A waitlist will be created sometime in early April."
Did you email them and that’s what they said about the Holds? it’s nice to know that they acknowledge that is hold folks still exist LOL

Tick Tock, Tick Tock - guess it is safe to renew my apartment lease since I've been hold since the fall.

It is my understanding that South has put the majority of interviewees on hold and will begin to parse it down to Accepted or Waitlisted. It is nerve-wracking!

It is my understanding that South has put the majority of interviewees on hold and will begin to parse it down to Accepted or Waitlisted. It is nerve-wracking!
Do anyone know what the possible options are for when they decide waitlist in early April? are we either waitlist or rejected? Is there a chance for acceptance?

Do anyone know what the possible options are for when they decide waitlist in early April? are we either waitlist or rejected? Is there a chance for acceptance?
I don't know, but I feel like there will probably be some number of acceptances, some rejects, and quite a few WLs. Mostly a guess though.