2015-2016 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am waiting for the response too....the feeling is so scary...my only hope is UAB and now as I read this thread, it seems like no decision until March 15 most probably means no acceptance :(
Last year thread shows that acceptance were sent out at least up to April 1st before the waitlist came out. But nevertheless, as an applicant, until we get an acceptance we will always be in that place of fear and worry. I tell myself that I have to go through this emotional rollercoaster to get to where I want to be. And if its any comforts, Leo DiCaprio was denied an oscar for over 10 years until they finally recognized how great he is.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year thread shows that acceptance were sent out at least up to April 1st before the waitlist came out. But nevertheless, as an applicant, until we get an acceptance we will always be in that place of fear and worry. I tell myself that I have to go through this emotional rollercoaster to get to where I want to be. And if its any comforts, Leo DiCaprio was denied an oscar for over 10 years until they finally recognized how great he is.

One thing is that last year the last interview was held in the last week of March.
This year, the last one was held in the first week of March :(

Just a heads up. A batch of acceptances went out yesterday afternoon. Not sure if more are going out or not because that seems to coincide with the 15th deadline. Some of you may wish to contact admissions for confirmation.
Source please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Source please?

My friend that sent me a text yesterday saying she was accepted, lol. Email received by said friend around 4 in the afternoon. As for the March 15th deadline, that was posted by someone else here. They said that they were told that in their interview recently.

I think that there is still hope. I'm not sure when the wait list comes out but if we are high on the list there is a good chance we could still be accepted. Unfortunately, we will just have to wait it out and see. Best of luck to you!
Hope so! Thank you so much...are you waiting the decision too? If so, wish you the very best too!

well said...so true about Leo! Hopefully we all get what we deserve just like Leo did this year (we do deserve an acceptance for all we have done!)

Hi

So it seems like not much happened today (rejections/acceptances)? What does this mean about the 3/15 deadline? Sorry, if this is a stupid question

Hi

So it seems like not much happened today (rejections/acceptances)? What does this mean about the 3/15 deadline? Sorry, if this is a stupid question
Read a few posts back. Looks like they took some acceptances yesterday

Can also confirm yesterday's acceptance batch -- one of my friends received an email just after 4 yesterday afternoon.

FWIW, acceptances seem to always* come around mid-afternoon. Mine came at about 2:45, another of my friend's came around 3:30, and I think yesterday's was around 4:30.

* n = 3 batches of acceptances

How long did it take after you received your campus assignment to receive official admissions packet? It's been a few weeks for me and I'm concerned it got lost in the mail.

How long did it take after you received your campus assignment to receive official admissions packet? It's been a few weeks for me and I'm concerned it got lost in the mail.
I think I received mine early March and I was accepted around Valentine's day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe this question has already been posted but..... Any post-interview rejections yet??

I believe this question has already been posted but..... Any post-interview rejections yet??
Someone in this thread said they interviewed 10/28 and got rejected earlier this month. I believe they are OOS.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458310147.131275.jpg

Is this wait list info accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend that sent me a text yesterday saying she was accepted, lol. Email received by said friend around 4 in the afternoon. As for the March 15th deadline, that was posted by someone else here. They said that they were told that in their interview recently.
When did your friend interview?

https://www.uab.edu/medicine/home/welcome/facts-figures

On here it says 265 students were accepted last year, which I'm assuming means that they went 79 deep into the waitlist to achieve the class of 186.

UAB certainly sends acceptances more than 186 because there are people who drop UAB acceptances before UAB releases a waitlist.
I'm sure MSAR is correct, so I expect UAB to accept anywhere from 30 to 40 from the waitlist.
That means upper third of the waitlist will have a very high chance of getting an acceptance; while the middle and lower third will have less chance.

This probably has already been asked, but if you didn't make the March 15th deadline, then is it pretty much a guarantee that you will be on the alternate list or does the university send acceptances and/or rejections between March 15th and the end of April?

This probably has already been asked, but if you didn't make the March 15th deadline, then is it pretty much a guarantee that you will be on the alternate list or does the university send acceptances and/or rejections between March 15th and the end of April?

From what I have been told, rejections are sent throughout the entire application season. With that being said, if not accepted before the March 15th deadline and are still "under consideration" it would seem more likely to be placed on the alternate list. There can still be instances where applicants are accepted after the March 15th deadline and before an alternate designation is assigned, depending on a shift if the right number of accepted persons withdraw, but of course this can vary and is an unknown. The biggest shift will happen at the April 30th deadline when applicants can only hold one seat in a medical school class, therefore it seems if a person is placed high on the alternate list- the most likely time of acceptance would be after this deadline. I think a rejection at any time up until final decisions are sent to all applicants is still possible as well, but it seems the "no news, good news" at this point is still a positive.

Basically, the waiting game continues...

This is just my interpretation!

How many people are still waiting? I interviewed back in November and still have heard nothing with a 4.0 GPA and a 520 MCAT...... Starting to get a little worried

How many people are still waiting? I interviewed back in November and still have heard nothing with a 4.0 GPA and a 520 MCAT...... Starting to get a little worried
Are you IS or OOS?

I'm still waiting as well. OOS with much lower stats but I have a very unique life story and ECs. Best of luck to you and hopefully we will be classmates this year.

It looks like the rest of us that are waiting won't find out until April 30th. According to MSAR data provided by @Aubrey Graham, ~100 people are still waiting for a response.

Probably more than a 100...they can also reject us

I'm still waiting as well. OOS with much lower stats but I have a very unique life story and ECs. Best of luck to you and hopefully we will be classmates this year.

Good luck!!!!

You think that would help anything? Or just potentially make things worse because I'm harassing them haha?

Honestly, they won't tell you anything about your app over the phone...but won't hurt to try...they probably have 20 neurotic pre meds calling them everyday...

You think that would help anything? Or just potentially make things worse because I'm harassing them haha?

So with those stats you are holding out for UAB? Did you not interview anywhere else?

So with those stats you are holding out for UAB? Did you not interview anywhere else?

I'm in at South, but UAB is where I really want to be. Not only for academic reasons, but my boyfriend of two years will be doing a program there next year and applying for dental school the next cycle. A five hour commute sounds miserable haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm in at South, but UAB is where I really want to be. Not only for academic reasons, but my boyfriend of two years will be doing a program there next year and applying for dental school the next cycle. A five hour commute sounds miserable haha

I got accepted there like two weeks after my interview.... I really don't know why this taking so much longer

Are we seriously gonna have to wait till April 30th to find out if we are wait listed???

Are we seriously gonna have to wait till April 30th to find out if we are wait listed???

April 30th is the last day the AAMC will allow and theres no reason to think UAB will be ahead of schedule.

However, according to threads from previous years, UAB will have some acceptances go out in April. Seems like mostly March interviewee's, but its a very small sample size I'm going off of.

Got acceptance email this morning. I was a reapp. Interviewed 2/18.