2015-2016 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOSer here. Loved this school and definitely would like to go to Birmingham. Waiting for financial aid to see if my COA is cut down.

You think it's likely they will reduce it by some good amount? Oos tuition is like twice that of instate. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

OOS tuition is quite a bit. ISer over here but I have been away from Alabama for 2 years and have declared residency in another state. Wish I hadn't seeing as how I might end up back here without significant scholarship money. Crossing my fingers they'll match another school's offer...

Is it just me or did they cancel the last few interview dates from their schedule?? I thought they had two more interview days left in March? I wonder if that means they have met their quota for number of students to be interviewed? Wonder how that is good or bad for people that have already interviewed but haven't received a decision yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup a couple dates were removed from the list. Someone in this thread suggested they were possibly make-up dates. No blizzards this year so they probably didn't need to use them.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if you have to be accepted before submitting the reclassification for residency application?

anybody from 2/25 interview here anything yet?

I no longer have access to my secondary to check my status. Interviewed on 11/3. Anybody else in the same boat?

I no longer have access to my secondary to check my status. Interviewed on 11/3. Anybody else in the same boat?

There are two links leading to the secondary website. Try the other one.

Got it. Thanks Platanus.

So for those who have been accepted, how long did that acceptance take to come in after your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had friends interview on October 22; I scheduled mine for October 29. We all heard back on November 17.
So what I'm gathering is that acceptances are sent out in no sort of standardized way. Do we think that the next round of acceptances will be sent out at the end of March or will they wait until the April 30th deadline?

So what I'm gathering is that acceptances are sent out in no sort of standardized way. Do we think that the next round of acceptances will be sent out at the end of March or will they wait until the April 30th deadline?

I really hope they send out something by the end of March

Reactions: 1 users
Someone posted here saying they got a rejection.
I believe that they were rejected pre-interview. I don't think anyone has posted a rejection post-interview. Though I may be wrong.

When I interviewed, which was recently, we were informed that there were at least 20 seats left and that we will hear back by the end of March. I see some of you have waited since November. You guys are my heroes.

When I interviewed, which was recently, we were informed that there were at least 20 seats left and that we will hear back by the end of March. I see some of you have waited since November. You guys are my heroes.

20 seats?
So I guess the class is almost full.

Thats what I thought. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, they offer more acceptances than seats.

I mean don't get me wrong.
That's what I hope for
I hope UAB sends something back soon so that I don't have to check SDN and my mail every 5 minutes :wow:

I mean don't get me wrong.
That's what I hope for
I hope UAB sends something back soon so that I don't have to check SDN and my mail every 5 minutes :wow:

LOL, I'm in the same boat. I also check the secondary application status website about 30 times a day. I know its futile, I just can't help it.

LOL, I'm in the same boat. I also check the secondary application status website about 30 times a day. I know its futile, I just can't help it.

You can Add the 'UASOM current applicant' website into the list as well lol.

I thought 20 was a lot given that it was near the end of the application cycle.

That's not a lot at all. Consider that Mark at South told us they usually accept 120-130 people to fill a 75 person class. UAB isn't sitting at 165 students for next year....because that would mean that 60+ acceptances would still go out to fill the class. That is likely not the case.

That's not a lot at all. Consider that Mark at South told us they usually accept 120-130 people to fill a 75 person class. UAB isn't sitting at 165 students for next year....because that would mean that 60+ acceptances would still go out to fill the class. That is likely not the case.

But if 20+ seats are really the seats available before moving onto a waitlist, that means UAB has already filled the class completely and even sent out additional acceptances over the class size.

But if 20+ seats are really the seats available before moving onto a waitlist, that means UAB has already filled the class completely and even sent out additional acceptances over the class size.

Right, that was my thinking. That 20 seats isn't really that much if it's in terms of acceptances. Because the total pool of acceptances might exceed 220++, so less than 10%.

Has anyone created the Blazer ID to do the financial aid? I'm a little confused about it...

I am very appreciative of everyone's information, but I am officially more confused than ever. I just want this month to hurry up and end.

Has anyone created the Blazer ID to do the financial aid? I'm a little confused about it...
I just copy and pasted this from: https://idm.uab.edu/bid/faq#getabid You must have your student number to create a blazerID. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
How do I get a BlazerID?

In order to get a BlazerID, you must be associated with UAB as a past, present, or incoming employee or student (students who last attended before 1982 may not be in the computer records). If you are not (or have not been) affiliated with UAB as an employee or student, then you cannot get a BlazerID; there are no exceptions to this rule.
If you try to register a BlazerID, and the system reports that it cannot find you in our records, then the paperwork may not have cleared yet to get you into the system — try again in a day or two. If the problem persists, please click on the Need Help? link on the left to request assistance.

Before trying to register a BlazerID, you need to stop for a moment and carefully consider your choices for both your BlazerID and password. The following guidelines should assist you in successfully selecting and registering them with a minimum of hassle. The system rejects all registration attempts not complying with any guideline below that includes the words "must" or "must not".

Right, that was my thinking. That 20 seats isn't really that much if it's in terms of acceptances. Because the total pool of acceptances might exceed 220++, so less than 10%.

My logic is different.
Historically 30~40 IS and ~30~40 OOS drop their acceptances from UAB.
That means 60~80 additional acceptances must be sent out in order to fill the class.
If +20 seats are all that's left for this year, it means UAB will almost never accept additional applicants after one more wave of acceptances. In fact, there should be no additional acceptances from now on but just a finalized waitlist.
Plus, UAB doesn't even have to send out additional acceptances by Mar/15 because UAB already has filled the class.

My logic is different.
Historically 30~40 IS and ~30~40 OOS drop their acceptances from UAB.
That means 60~80 additional acceptances must be sent out in order to fill the class.
If +20 seats are all that's left for this year, it means UAB will almost never accept additional applicants after one more wave of acceptances. In fact, there should be no additional acceptances from now on but just a finalized waitlist.
Plus, UAB doesn't even have to send out additional acceptances by Mar/15 because UAB already has filled the class.

So what are you postulating? That it actually means that they have only "accepted" 165 people? Depending on your answer, our logic may be different but arriving at the same conclusion?

So what are you postulating? That it actually means that they have only "accepted" 165 people? Depending on your answer, our logic may be different but arriving at the same conclusion?

I'm thinking that they have accepted 165 people up to now.
They will accept 20+ more by Mar/15.
60+ additional acceptances beyond 186 acceptances will be sent out as some people drop their UAB acceptances (which has not happened yet)

But of course my logic is based on an assumption that not many people have dropped their UAB acceptances yet.

I'm thinking that they have accepted 165 people up to now.
They will accept 20+ more by Mar/15.
60+ additional acceptances beyond 186 acceptances will be sent out as some people drop their UAB acceptances (which has not happened yet)

But of course my logic is based on an assumption that not many people have dropped their UAB acceptances yet.

I see. Wouldn't this mean that it is almost certain that they are going to fall far behind their March 15th deadline? Your supposition would mean that they are going to accept 60+ people in the coming week and THEN put waitlists out shortly thereafter. That just seems like a lot of acceptances left considering how few they have sent out in previous batches.

Lets just hold tight until we hear something.

So, IF YOU HEAR SOMETHING YOU'D BETTER PUT IT ON HERE.

:poke: :bang::banana:

I see. Wouldn't this mean that it is almost certain that they are going to fall far behind their March 15th deadline? Your supposition would mean that they are going to accept 60+ people in the coming week and THEN put waitlists out shortly thereafter. That just seems like a lot of acceptances left considering how few they have sent out in previous batches.

That "+60 acceptances" is subject to change.
If all 186 accepted people do go to UAB, then there will be no additional acceptances beyond 186 at all.
So it's more like they accept +20 coming week and everything beyond that is subject to change.
And of course again.. I maybe totally wrong.

Hakuna matata, y'all. That's my motto for this application season anyways

Just a heads up. A batch of acceptances went out yesterday afternoon. Not sure if more are going out or not because that seems to coincide with the 15th deadline. Some of you may wish to contact admissions for confirmation.

Just a heads up. A batch of acceptances went out yesterday afternoon. Not sure if more are going out or not because that seems to coincide with the 15th deadline. Some of you may wish to contact admissions for confirmation.

Damn. Thanks for letting us know

Were you one of those acceptances?

Anybody from the 1/14 interview receive any news?
I am waiting for the response too....the feeling is so scary...my only hope is UAB and now as I read this thread, it seems like no decision until March 15 most probably means no acceptance :(

I am waiting for the response too....the feeling is so scary...my only hope is UAB and now as I read this thread, it seems like no decision until March 15 most probably means no acceptance :(
I think that there is still hope. I'm not sure when the wait list comes out but if we are high on the list there is a good chance we could still be accepted. Unfortunately, we will just have to wait it out and see. Best of luck to you!