2022-2023 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know what the deal is with financial aid packages? Like when they come out and what they are like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone getting stressed about next week? Been the longest wait it feels like

Was very surprised to receive an II yesterday as I’m OOS and have no ties to Alabama. But I’ll roll with it.

I got the vital signs email with information about tours and a second look weekend.. but still haven’t heard if I’m accepted or rejected. Interviewed in October. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we go ahead and complete the campus preference option even if we have not yet been accepted or rejected but are post-interview?

Should we go ahead and complete the campus preference option even if we have not yet been accepted or rejected but are post-interview?
How come I don't see the campus preference option on my portal? Maybe its because I'm an MSTP applicant?

How come I don't see the campus preference option on my portal? Maybe its because I'm an MSTP applicant?
I believe MSTP all go to Birmingham and don’t choose a campus. That’s what the email sounds like.

woke up this morning to a nice Rejection email 🥲 In-State, Complete 7/13, LM 65.1…not really sure what they didn’t like on my app but hopefully their feedback opportunity later in November will be helpful. Good luck to the rest of y’all!!
I'm an alum and grandparent did Med School here and I've been rejected twice. First-year with an interview and this year no interview. The feedback from a secretary (not anyone on the admissions board) was absolutely worthless - "emphasize the patient-doctor relationship more." 508 on MCAT, a publication in a research journal, 2+ years of wet and dry research, 1000+ hours of shadowing, tons of volunteer work with Hispanic community and a 3.78 gpa. Hope your feedback is better than mine.

I got the vital signs email with information about tours and a second look weekend.. but still haven’t heard if I’m accepted or rejected. Interviewed in October. Anyone else?
interviewed in september, haven't heard back yet, and also got the vital signs email. it was such a tease fkjshdfskj. i filled out the campus preference form on the portal just in case, let's see what happens thur/fri with the adcom meeting!

Reactions: 1 user
Twitter just now

Attachments

• A214B629-5B97-4FD8-91F4-1CD6510EABE8.jpeg
    A214B629-5B97-4FD8-91F4-1CD6510EABE8.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Wow
How did they not fully get through the only interview day they had in December!?!? Maybe a lot of people on hold will hear!!
My guess is that they probably re-review the people that they have yet to make a decision on. For example, I interviewed in October! I guess they still haven’t decided on me lol.

My guess is that they probably re-review the people that they have yet to make a decision on. For example, I interviewed in October! I guess they still haven’t decided on me lol.

I hope that is the case! That is what I meant by people on hold! Fingers crossed!!

A call yesterday at 5:30ish CT! interviewed 11/3. Sent an update letter 1/13

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A call Friday morning! (1/27) interviewed 9/8, LOI 12/6, LizzyM - 77, ORM In-state, finally got the acceptance after so much stress and waiting, don't lose hope!

Reactions: 5 users
II yesterday! OOS, no ties- definitely a surprise but so stoked!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else super nervous for today? 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A call !! Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!! So no tweet, I guess they are keeping us on the edges of our seats…

Reactions: 3 users
I got the call yesterday and was told I would get the email today but I haven’t gotten it yet. Has anyone gotten their acceptance email today?

Idk, but in my experience they taking more time with several things, maybe they are short staffed. If you don’t hear anything by noon on Monday I would email them

Anyone know when the next Adcom meeting is? :) Last one was February 9th. Had my II on 2/9 as well