2015-2016 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed back in October and I think it's been there since. I dont know if it's an indication of anything. I think we might be grasping at straws but I've been doing that since December, lol.
The deposit tab has been there all along but the ability to be able to actually make a payment is new. I'm with you though, grasping at straws. Haha

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview scheduled, but have not completed it, and have access to the payment tab as well. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When i looked today my status was changed to secondary review complete- remain under consideration for interview. Not sure what to think.

For those who have interviewed, have you gotten a letter in the mail?

For those who have interviewed, have you gotten a letter in the mail?
I interviewed in December, and yes I've received the letter. This wait is driving me insane too!

Reactions: 1 user
Are there anymore II available
There should be plenty since they interview till March 31st. Last year, I received my II a month before my interview date. With that said, has any reapplicants received an interview invite since sending school fall updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does uab read ps and LOR before sending out invites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be plenty since they interview till March 31st. Last year, I received my II a month before my interview date. With that said, has any reapplicants received an interview invite since sending school fall updates?

Re-applicant and I've heard nothing so far. The wait is killing me. DO schools are helping a bit, but UAB is by far my #1 choice.

I received an email confirming my update was received but that's it.

Just received an interview invite here. My status changed to complete and remain under consideration about a week ago. In state resident who went to UAB for undergrad.

Just received an interview invite here. My status changed to complete and remain under consideration about a week ago. In state resident who went to UAB for undergrad.

Congrat
What sort of extracurricular activities do you have?
On what date are you being interviewed?

You include like a screenshot of your grades?
I emailed an update two weeks ago. I downloaded an unofficial transcript from my university and made it into a pdf file and attached it to my email. Also, be sure to include your AMCAS ID# in your email. I received notification that my update was received a week later. Hope that helps!

Hey, does anyone know when UAB typically offers merit aid?

Any recent acceptances? Or does anyone know when the committee might be meeting next?

Any recent acceptances? Or does anyone know when the committee might be meeting next?
Nothing here. I was hoping that they met last week and would hear something early this week. Doesn't seem like that is the case.

A friend got an interview invite yesterday for 2/18 or 2/25.

Friend also got an interview invite this past week. He is a reapp. Do not know his stats

Yep received II as reapp today for 2/25.

Haven't visited this thread in a while, but if it helps any out of state folks with an idea of timeline - OOS, secondary complete early October, II late January for February 11 interview.

Any chances of an interview invite this late? I'm an OOS applicant.

so I interviewed on 10/1 and my status is still "Campus Choices Received".... Anyone else in a similar situation?

I interviewed 12/3 and still at campus choices received. Looking at last year's thread, it looks like they released some decisions the week of valentine's day, so heres hoping!

Reactions: 2 users
Re-applicant interview invite just now.

So I take it no acceptances are going out today. Should we hold out for Monday or strap ourselves in for at least another week?

So I take it no acceptances are going out today. Should we hold out for Monday or strap ourselves in for at least another week?
I really thought there would be some acceptances today but with interview invites going out, it doesn't seem likely.

I really thought there would be some acceptances today but with interview invites going out, it doesn't seem likely.
I'm still hoping for today... It's only 10 am!

Has anyone from December interviews heard at all? Is this whole process behind or will they send out a huge batch after reviewing that many interview dates?

Has anyone from December interviews heard at all? Is this whole process behind or will they send out a huge batch after reviewing that many interview dates?
Hey there, I was accepted via email two weeks after my early December interview but am still waiting on a campus assignment and thus haven't been mailed the official acceptance letter (which requires campus assignment to be included). Overall my experience with UAB has been the slowest and latest of any other school I have dealt with. I wouldn't look much into it!

Just got II !!!
I was just helplessly waiting for pre-II rejection. Thank god.

Last edited:
Just got II for 2-18!!!
I was just helplessly waiting for pre-II rejection. Thank god.

OOS or IS? I am OOS and just received the 'under consideration' status change. I like this school's devotion to rural medicine and would like the opportunity to check it out.