WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You have lynched @Great Butts, a 2yo male castrated lionhead rabbit with GI stasis. She was a...

villager could cancel either a night OR lynch once per game.

Write-up and roster to follow momentarily, and then thread will be unlocked.

@Great Butts was a remarkably cute ball of fluff, and even though you could tell that deep down in his little bunny heart that he still hurt a lot, the pain meds and fluids really seemed to be doing the trick for his GI stasis! He'd even managed to propel himself at the fire alarm before he felt crappy a couple nights ago, and who knows what sort of shenanigans he'd managed to foil...

All seemed to be going well until until he was found dead in his cage after afternoon appointments. Damn exotics.

It is now Night 7, and there are 10 patients in the hospital. Night deadline will be 6AM EST tomorrow.

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

landscaped

Crunchy Stuff
8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
2. @mmmdreamerz
13. @SummerTheLynx

UGH.

18. @SportPonies

Slice 'n' Dice
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease
17. @LyraGardenia - DLH with Acute Kidney Failure
6. @PrincessButterCup - DSH kitten with rabies
19. @Caiter92 - Rottie with Hemangiosarcoma
4. @serher - DSH with Hyperthyroidism
16. @Mad Jack - Infection (GSD with Brucellosis)
20. @nyanko - Obese Amazon Parrot
1. @hazelmoo - Corgi mix with Prostate Cancer
22. @Great Butts - Lionhead with GI Stasis

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
About $4K worth

Well damn.

Let's do the derm work up...
1. Physical exam
2. Derm database... skin scrape, tape preps, trichograms, impression smears, fungal culture
3. CBC/Chem
4. Diet trial
5. Intradermal allergy testing

That should easily fit that monetary limit. Though number 5 might take us outside what a "normal vet can perform".

Reactions: 1 users
Let's hope that was a crap noob wolf move and not that they are at winning game point.

I am a noob, and I literally cannot understand why they would do that.

Unless it is because they still see a win situation, even if we lynch SP tomorrow. And if you are a wolf (even better -- the one who has a double kill) and STL just upgraded you for tonight, then I believe it could be game over a lot sooner than we thought.

I am a noob, and I literally cannot understand why they would do that.

Unless it is because they still see a win situation, even if we lynch SP tomorrow. And if you are a wolf (even better -- the one who has a double kill) and STL just upgraded you for tonight, then I believe it could be game over a lot sooner than we thought.
Sigh pippy. Was about to post on here that I didn't upgrade her and sorry that I had to upgrade someone else instead. Got to try to keep wolves at least a bit in the dark...

Oh my god what the heck. I heard it straight from Trilt, I don't understand...!

Oh my god what the heck. You are definitely a wolf.

Contingency lynch SportPonies

Although I would almost rather lynch whoever is orchestrating these shenanigans and/or whoever actually has the even night kill ability, because I don't think it's you.

I am sorry I am finally getting on here to straighten this out. I tried to spell it out earlier, but apparently never hit post.

There are 6 possible non villagers possible throughout the game. I asked at the start of the game, just after asking if there were any other humans beyond our vet. All that got jumbled in my early morning quick post.

So we have 5 possible wolves total if cdo is neutral as I expect. We have killed 2. I asked last, how many more could possibly exist including conversions. The answer was 3.

This means there is no chaos, unless it is our vet and I really hope she is just neutral as guessed, stated, supposed... whatever.

So rewrite your time tables. We have either 2 or 3 wolves currently, depending on when they did/do the conversion. Nothing else to deal with.

(Cdo, I told you all this at the start of the game. You needed to be my auto-correct! :smack:)

I need a better answer from SP, or that will be my lynch vote.

At this point, the defense better be freaking amazing or I expect a wolf brag!

I am sorry I am finally getting on here to straighten this out. I tried to spell it out earlier, but apparently never hit post.

There are 6 possible non villagers possible throughout the game. I asked at the start of the game, just after asking if there were any other humans beyond our vet. All that got jumbled in my early morning quick post.

So we have 5 possible wolves total if cdo is neutral as I expect. We have killed 2. I asked last, how many more could possibly exist including conversions. The answer was 3.

This means there is no chaos, unless it is our vet and I really hope she is just neutral as guessed, stated, supposed... whatever.

So rewrite your time tables. We have either 2 or 3 wolves currently, depending on when they did/do the conversion. Nothing else to deal with.

(Cdo, I told you all this at the start of the game. You needed to be my auto-correct! :smack:)
I don't think you shared with me the "how many more could possibly exist?" question.

And oohhhhhhhhh. I just caught the "throughout the game" part of that. I read it as we started with 6 non-villagers! Sorry LOTF!! I totally read it wrong. :grumpy:

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think you shared with me the "how many more could possibly exist?" question.

And oohhhhhhhhh. I just caught the "throughout the game" part of that. I read it as we started with 6 non-villagers! Sorry LOTF!! I totally read it wrong. :grumpy:
I figured. That's why the emoji. ;)

And I don't think I told you the last question. I think I just posted it.

Do you know what drives dogs - and their owners - mad? Incessant, uncontrollable, itching and scratching and butt scooting and ear infections and other skin problems.

Sometimes you just need a little relief, and @Animal Midwife was boarding at the hospital despite not being a particularly sick patient. She itch-itch-itched all night long, and eventually found herself leaning against her cage door... that hadn't been closed fully. It wasn't a particularly tall height to fall from, but smashing your head just the wrong way on the floor is deadly nonetheless.

Dead is @Animal Midwife, a villager who, if lynched, would choose one of her lynchers to die in addition.

It is now Day 8, and there are 9 patients in the hospital. Lynch deadline will be 8PM EST tomorrow.

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

landscaped

Crunchy Stuff
topping cheap sushi

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
2. @mmmdreamerz
13. @SummerTheLynx

UGH.

18. @SportPonies

Slice 'n' Dice
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease
17. @LyraGardenia - DLH with Acute Kidney Failure
6. @PrincessButterCup - DSH kitten with rabies
19. @Caiter92 - Rottie with Hemangiosarcoma
4. @serher - DSH with Hyperthyroidism
16. @Mad Jack - Infection (GSD with Brucellosis)
20. @nyanko - Obese Amazon Parrot
1. @hazelmoo - Corgi mix with Prostate Cancer
22. @Great Butts - Lionhead with GI Stasis
8. @Animal Midwife - Frenchie with Atopic Dermatitis

I'm so glad AM was village and I wasn't off on reading her, but that stinks :(

I'm all for a Sporty lynch today, and am keeping my vote there, but it just feels so easy...almost TOO easy. And that makes me a tad uncomfortable.

sent from ma fone

Thanks for the clarification!

That makes sense, and helps a lot.

I'm so glad AM was village and I wasn't off on reading her, but that stinks :(

I'm all for a Sporty lynch today, and am keeping my vote there, but it just feels so easy...almost TOO easy. And that makes me a tad uncomfortable.

sent from ma fone

I agree on the too easy making me suspicious but maybe just noob? Idk

Really bummed that we used the credit card on AM, this morning. :/

For education purposes, she's gonna still share the information, but AM is dead and I couldn't get card back. :(
(Very interested to see how well a diet trial goes on a dead dog)

Ok, so one issue I'm having right now is the night kill choice of AM. AM was the only other person Sporty checked. Killing AM made it so she couldn't confirm Sporty's claims. I could think of one situation where sporty could be telling the truth. Still I think her behavior yesterday was a bit wolfy, so I'll likely stick with that vote.

The night result sb posted for GB does look suspect to me. It doesn't mention that he could have canceled a day, and I'm pretty sure Trilt knows GB is a dude so the pronoun is wrong too. Can't decide if that is sloppy wolf work on sp's part, or if there is something else going on. We have seen the ability to mess with night results in the past, but that tends to be a chaos ability, and apparently we don't have one of those in this game.

It makes me a little wary...that endgame paranoia is strong.

Omg I can't believe these games are still going on. I haven't been here in forever (although I do recognize a few people - hi, if anyone remembers me!). Things in life are finally changing, so I might need to drop by more often - and maybe sneak into a game or two!

Reactions: 8 users
Don't All Talk at Once Lynch Tally
SP (5) - DVMD, WZ, STL, Jilary, Pippy

5/9 accounted for; deadline 8PM EST tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Well yep kinda sucks that AM was killed. Not much I can do about that, though... I was so prepared to collaborate with her to clear myself. Frankly would've posted it in the thread as soon as I could, but didn't want to out her unless someone asked me and I got permission from her...

lynch DVMD because she's still concerning me with her sketchiness, despite trusting me yesterday.

Well yep kinda sucks that AM was killed. Not much I can do about that, though... I was so prepared to collaborate with her to clear myself. Frankly would've posted it in the thread as soon as I could, but didn't want to out her unless someone asked me and I got permission from her...

lynch DVMD because she's still concerning me with her sketchiness, despite trusting me yesterday.
I know I'm like a broken record here, but I've got reason to believe she village, so this vote doesn't do anything to help you IMO.

lynch DVMD because she's still concerning me with her sketchiness, despite trusting me yesterday
I wouldn't say she really trusted you yesterday...she said multiple times that she thought you were both sketch

Reactions: 1 users