WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@thedrjojo and @LetItSnow - obligatory rating of wolf brags?

Will have to read. Gonna be a while. Still not sure who won. Above, I posted that MJ got lynched (I wrote those comments when it looked like he was going to get lynched and then I went out of town. The village did actually lynch him, right? If not, I'm gonna have a fricking hissy fit for crappy play.)

Members don't see this ad.

BTW, I'm presuming STL was the convert? Seemed likely he would be. Village should have killed him just because he was such an obvious choice.

Reactions: 2 users
Will have to read. Gonna be a while. Still not sure who won. Above, I posted that MJ got lynched (I wrote those comments when it looked like he was going to get lynched and then I went out of town. The village did actually lynch him, right? If not, I'm gonna have a fricking hissy fit for crappy play.)
BTW, I'm presuming STL was the convert? Seemed likely he would be. Village should have killed him just because he was such an obvious choice.
Was lynched, STL was convert. Read away. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmmmmm. Hm. Ok, watched the brags.

+1 for team-bragging.

-1 for just talking (who was it who once created little paper villagers and either burned them or put arrows through them?)

Little dry on the humor and excitement side. And I'm not quite so convinced that Coopah (or whoever the first wolf was) got the village going the wrong way. Several of us still had wolves in our targets in spite of that.

I'll go with 7.5/10. Solid performance, good brag, not hall-of-famer work.

Congrats, wolves. Very nicely played, especially @WildZoo . Village, pull your game up, you sucked. Quit being such damn ninnies about lynching people who are suspicious. If someone is suspicious to you, be willing to lynch them even if it's just kinda so-so suspicion.

I've been out of town for 4 days, so I didn't follow the game (not even sure who won), but ....

Jesus people - MJ should have been lynched far earlier.

I was super annoyed when I saw this and didn't see him called out for "2- he trusted me". I voted for him Day 1. Other than admitting that I <might> have blinders on with him, I never EVER said I trusted him. I kept him at <least> at 'weak wolf' or higher every time I posted my list.

I never trusted him, and people seem to have just taken his word on it. Anytime someone asserts that a dead person felt some way about them and it is unverifiable - you should immediately discount it completely.

Similar issue. Y'all should have instantly realized there's no way I'd reveal my role to him like he seems to be indicating ("without him telling me"). I had him as weak wolf on my list. You really think I'd ability-reveal to that?

C'mon folks.

MJ should have been an insta-lynch the day he posted those 4 or 5 posts in a row that were basically "I'm busy" and "Still busy" and "Don't have anything to say". That was sketchy AS HELL, and even more to the point - if that's all you're going to contribute to a game, it's better to vote for that person and get them out of the game. At best you catch a wolf. At worst you unfortunately kill off a villager - but it's one who is openly saying they aren't playing/contributing.

Classic wolf strategy is killing off the contributing/active players. There's no need to help them with that.

I'm not saying automatically lynch inactive players, but .... you SHOULD be taking a good look at them. In this case, look at this game - SP posted *JUST* enough to technically meet the rules, but basically stayed out of the game the entire time (remember when I said "Is SP even playing?"). MJ didn't post enough to meet the requirements and had to be admonished by the mod. Two of the original four wolves were playing a "minimal posting" game.

It's definitely worth watching that kind of thing.

Seriously guys. From the person who literally posted 3-5 times IN A ROW THAT HE HAD NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE .... you let this go?

I mean, I get it. You eventually lynched him. But holy amazeballs he should have been lynched earlier. Poor Trilt had to listen to me rant about it in PM. :)

For all that STL and I give each **** about our play, especially me giving him crap about the stupid Savant thing ... this kind of move is so freaking smart. It's this sort of stuff that makes STL a good player, not the 'savant' thing.

I actually think that's true, though I suspect you were saying it to try and weasel out of being lynched at the time. If you look at STL's mid- to early-game suspicion lists ... he was incredibly off-target. I even PM'd Trilt and said "Do you think that STL is actually posting his honest suspicions, or is he trying to sucker the wolves into something?" because he was so off.

I mean, STL is an excellent player. Not taking that away. And he did get back on target a day or so after I had PM'd Trilt with a "WTH do you think is up with STL's suspicion list?" But I don't think the 'savant' thing is really all that on-target. It's just biased sampling. :)

This should have been an alarm to people. It might be true - no doubt - but it is incredibly useful to get players to put a stake in the ground: find out who they agree with and why. Wolves are often pretty reluctant to get too committed to something.

@WildZoo - nice game. You played a solid wolf game. It would have helped me be less suspicious if you contributed slightly more, but you generally contributed jusssssst enough to not ever make it <super> high on my wolf list. Not enough for me to be lynching you. When Trilt told me who the wolves were, you were the one I was most surprised at. MJ was no surprise at all. SP was kinda a 'meh - can never tell with a n00b who is basically not playing/contributing'.

Anyway, I tuned out of SDN right about the point I expect the wolves would have converted someone. Have to go back now and see who they converted, and who won the game.
Much appreciated LIS :biglove: I was definitely much less active than I should have been...kind of relied on STL's vouching to get me through the busy times.

Now that I think about it...Pretty sure I've converted the obvious choice in every game I've won as an original wolf :thinking:

Yeah. Many days before it happened Trilt called it in a PM, and as I read her PM I was sitting there laughing because I had already assumed the same thing, too.

Mmmmmm. Hm. Ok, watched the brags.

+1 for team-bragging.

-1 for just talking (who was it who once created little paper villagers and either burned them or put arrows through them?)

Little dry on the humor and excitement side. And I'm not quite so convinced that Coopah (or whoever the first wolf was) got the village going the wrong way. Several of us still had wolves in our targets in spite of that.

I'll go with 7.5/10. Solid performance, good brag, not hall-of-famer work.

Congrats, wolves. Very nicely played, especially @WildZoo . Village, pull your game up, you sucked. Quit being such damn ninnies about lynching people who are suspicious. If someone is suspicious to you, be willing to lynch them even if it's just kinda so-so suspicion.
Hey now, I had animations/props in mine :p. But I will take 7.5 that's an above average wolf brag:

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. Many days before it happened Trilt called it in a PM, and as I read her PM I was sitting there laughing because I had already assumed the same thing, too.
I think MJ's second post in the wolf PM was that we should convert STL :laugh:

Maybe if someone had mentioned the idea a little further in advance...
I needed to be sure sp got lynched again, since troublesome "noob" (she doesn't deserve the designation o noob) could have gotten in the way

Hey now, I had animations/props in mine :p. But I will take 7.5 that's an above average wolf brag:

Yeah, but overall it was too much faces reading things. Any single one of those brags was ok, but as a group that was a lot of just staring at a face.

So I docked you points. But it was still super solid. I lol'd a couple times. And really, that's the point. :)

But anyway, you don't get to complain. You aren't on the official scoring board of LIS and @thedrjojo and ... uh ... hm. We do have one empty seat. But Jojo and I are very into gender equality, so it has to be filled by a woman. Hm.

I needed to be sure sp got lynched again, since troublesome "noob" (she doesn't deserve the designation o noob) could have gotten in the way

Who was n00b? SP?

Yeah, SP played a good game as far as under-the-radar style goes. Doesn't deserve to be called a n00b.

I honestly think that works often enough that it's a valid tactic (which is why I bitch about not lynching players who are obviously doing it), but I <really> think it hoses your metagame. If that's your wolf style, you're going to get lynched every single time you're quiet. Which, given being either a dvm or a vet student or even just a pre-vet trying to bust your butt to get into school .... is sooner or later.

Members don't see this ad :)
So yeah, just quick post-game thoughts:

When I say to focus on gameplay and not role, listen to me. I don't lie as a mod, I'm not trying to pull a fast one, the way most of my recent games have been designed is spreading traditionally "sketchy" vs not abilities between wolves and village so that it's not just a game of role reveal, move on, etc. Also my second game recently where people are burned depending on village code... that stuff is cheap lazy play, I will (and did) give info to wolves to make sure they're not caught by it.

With that said, an eye on the way roles were used and analysis would have really helped this game. MJ went down, and you knew the people that he talked to (/blocked).... Yet they were still some of the highest suspicion people. Okay for sure wolves will occasionally create cover for fellows by using their abilities on them (@Jilary, @kcoughli.... :p) but it should drop them a little bit imo. Additionally with a tracker and affiliation seer down in a fairly small game, I was a little shocked SP's ability seer claim wasn't a little bit more hammered on; not only is that really the best seering ability for a wolf, but looking back at who she had looked into would have been very very helpful in assessing how sketchy she was.

Beyond that... listen to LIS. It would have been very prudent this game to lynch people who refused to contribute. At the very worst, you lose a villager who wasn't making the game any more fun, at best you get an UTR wolf.

Hmm what else...

Oh! Death/write-ups are almost never useless flair in my games. There's almost always hints within, and you could have figured out which wolves were responsible for deaths this time by accidental vs. disease based deaths for sure.

All in all I think this game was a little wolf heavy compared to my normal, and there are definitely some design flaws I would have revised if I had spent a smidge more time on it... but hopefully was still an enjoyable time killer until whatever more polished game is coming along.

I'm happy to answer any questions!

Reactions: 4 users
So yeah, just quick post-game thoughts:

When I say to focus on gameplay and not role, listen to me. I don't lie as a mod, I'm not trying to pull a fast one, the way most of my recent games have been designed is spreading traditionally "sketchy" vs not abilities between wolves and village so that it's not just a game of role reveal, move on, etc. Also my second game recently where people are burned depending on village code... that stuff is cheap lazy play, I will (and did) give info to wolves to make sure they're not caught by it.

With that said, an eye on the way roles were used and analysis would have really helped this game. MJ went down, and you knew the people that he talked to (/blocked).... Yet they were still some of the highest suspicion people. Okay for sure wolves will occasionally create cover for fellows by using their abilities on them (@Jilary, @kcoughli.... :p) but it should drop them a little bit imo. Additionally with a tracker and affiliation seer down in a fairly small game, I was a little shocked SP's ability seer claim wasn't a little bit more hammered on; not only is that really the best seering ability for a wolf, but looking back at who she had looked into would have been very very helpful in assessing how sketchy she was.

Beyond that... listen to LIS. It would have been very prudent this game to lynch people who refused to contribute. At the very worst, you lose a villager who wasn't making the game any more fun, at best you get an UTR wolf.

Hmm what else...

Oh! Death/write-ups are almost never useless flair in my games. There's almost always hints within, and you could have figured out which wolves were responsible for deaths this time by accidental vs. disease based deaths for sure.

All in all I think this game was a little wolf heavy compared to my normal, and there are definitely some design flaws I would have revised if I had spent a smidge more time on it... but hopefully was still an enjoyable time killer until whatever more polished game is coming along.

I'm happy to answer any questions!
Was it essentially a glitch to have althe upgrader be convertible, in combo with the ability to steal lynch svoidance and all that? (Aka did I do stuff you didn't expect, that you would have otherwise removed from the game?)

Was it essentially a glitch to have althe upgrader be convertible, in combo with the ability to steal lynch svoidance and all that? (Aka did I do stuff you didn't expect, that you would have otherwise removed from the game?)
Nah. I mean, the chances that those specific abilities would make it into endgame the way they did were fairly low, and if different wolves were lynched end game would have looked very different. I would have started restricting you guys a lil just to be reasonable if you hadn't clenched it.

I've been out of town for 4 days, so I didn't follow the game (not even sure who won), but ....

Jesus people - MJ should have been lynched far earlier.

I was super annoyed when I saw this and didn't see him called out for "2- he trusted me". I voted for him Day 1. Other than admitting that I <might> have blinders on with him, I never EVER said I trusted him. I kept him at <least> at 'weak wolf' or higher every time I posted my list.

I never trusted him, and people seem to have just taken his word on it. Anytime someone asserts that a dead person felt some way about them and it is unverifiable - you should immediately discount it completely.

Similar issue. Y'all should have instantly realized there's no way I'd reveal my role to him like he seems to be indicating ("without him telling me"). I had him as weak wolf on my list. You really think I'd ability-reveal to that?

C'mon folks.

MJ should have been an insta-lynch the day he posted those 4 or 5 posts in a row that were basically "I'm busy" and "Still busy" and "Don't have anything to say". That was sketchy AS HELL, and even more to the point - if that's all you're going to contribute to a game, it's better to vote for that person and get them out of the game. At best you catch a wolf. At worst you unfortunately kill off a villager - but it's one who is openly saying they aren't playing/contributing.

Classic wolf strategy is killing off the contributing/active players. There's no need to help them with that.

I'm not saying automatically lynch inactive players, but .... you SHOULD be taking a good look at them. In this case, look at this game - SP posted *JUST* enough to technically meet the rules, but basically stayed out of the game the entire time (remember when I said "Is SP even playing?"). MJ didn't post enough to meet the requirements and had to be admonished by the mod. Two of the original four wolves were playing a "minimal posting" game.

It's definitely worth watching that kind of thing.

Seriously guys. From the person who literally posted 3-5 times IN A ROW THAT HE HAD NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE .... you let this go?

I mean, I get it. You eventually lynched him. But holy amazeballs he should have been lynched earlier. Poor Trilt had to listen to me rant about it in PM. :)

For all that STL and I give each **** about our play, especially me giving him crap about the stupid Savant thing ... this kind of move is so freaking smart. It's this sort of stuff that makes STL a good player, not the 'savant' thing.

I actually think that's true, though I suspect you were saying it to try and weasel out of being lynched at the time. If you look at STL's mid- to early-game suspicion lists ... he was incredibly off-target. I even PM'd Trilt and said "Do you think that STL is actually posting his honest suspicions, or is he trying to sucker the wolves into something?" because he was so off.

I mean, STL is an excellent player. Not taking that away. And he did get back on target a day or so after I had PM'd Trilt with a "WTH do you think is up with STL's suspicion list?" But I don't think the 'savant' thing is really all that on-target. It's just biased sampling. :)

This should have been an alarm to people. It might be true - no doubt - but it is incredibly useful to get players to put a stake in the ground: find out who they agree with and why. Wolves are often pretty reluctant to get too committed to something.

@WildZoo - nice game. You played a solid wolf game. It would have helped me be less suspicious if you contributed slightly more, but you generally contributed jusssssst enough to not ever make it <super> high on my wolf list. Not enough for me to be lynching you. When Trilt told me who the wolves were, you were the one I was most surprised at. MJ was no surprise at all. SP was kinda a 'meh - can never tell with a n00b who is basically not playing/contributing'.

Anyway, I tuned out of SDN right about the point I expect the wolves would have converted someone. Have to go back now and see who they converted, and who won the game.
In all fairness, I actually was busy and forgot about the game. But all points are valid regardless.

In all fairness, I actually was busy and forgot about the game. But all points are valid regardless.

I get it. Really, I do - remember, I've been through school and I'm a practicing clinician, so I know what it's like.

But it's subtle. Like, when you took the time to post the "look at how cool I am all gowned up" picture ... people should start getting suspicious. It takes time to take a pic and post it (at least a little), so when someone is using their time to post that, but refusing to contribute ..... a red flag should go off. Same with the multiple posts in a row, like I mentioned. There's a "Hey, I'm busy" and then not posting kinda thing, and then there's posting over and over and over about being busy.

I thought killing you was a bad move, personally. But it worked lol.

Well, I did have a pretty good out-the-gate wolf slate going. So maybe not a bad move. And I was suspicious of both you and SP. WZ really wasn't on my radar at all. When Trilt told me who the wolves were, WZ was the one that I had to do a "wait, what?" kinda thing on.

Ok. Considered that, but I didn't really see it as <that> threatening to them - they could basically just leave me alone and kill me any time.
Your death was pretty well warranted methinks. Wolves didn't know exactly what you gleaned and honestly the info you got wasn't too scary re:them... but you're smart enough that you would have figured out tinkerer and affil seer from that first night when roles started being outed, and could have nicely soft defended them down the line.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup the thought wasn't so much what he knew about us right then (I figured when he didn't say anything about MJ d2 he probably didn't get anything too damning) but more about the potential for that ability bring a problem down the road, especially as more info came out. Closest thing to a seer we had found at the time, so had to kill it :p I typically don't like to take out the players early on who I know will put a lot of time/effort into the game because it makes it boring and cheapens the win in my opinion, but in that case...had to do it.

I get it. Really, I do - remember, I've been through school and I'm a practicing clinician, so I know what it's like.

But it's subtle. Like, when you took the time to post the "look at how cool I am all gowned up" picture ... people should start getting suspicious. It takes time to take a pic and post it (at least a little), so when someone is using their time to post that, but refusing to contribute ..... a red flag should go off. Same with the multiple posts in a row, like I mentioned. There's a "Hey, I'm busy" and then not posting kinda thing, and then there's posting over and over and over about being busy.

Well, I did have a pretty good out-the-gate wolf slate going. So maybe not a bad move. And I was suspicious of both you and SP. WZ really wasn't on my radar at all. When Trilt told me who the wolves were, WZ was the one that I had to do a "wait, what?" kinda thing on.
I was waiting for rooms to turn over in surgery lol- had ten minutes with nothing to do, so figured I'd snap a pic. It was actually legit. I knew keeping you alive was a threat, but sometimes I don't play the smartest- I let fun players live, and I wanted to keep you alive for that reason. My pack chose the wise thing though lol...

Thank you to everyone - wolf, neutral, convert, and villager - for making this game entertaining, sporting and sneaky. :)

From my cozy hammock in the Spectator Chat, it was fun to read your posts, knowing that you were doing all of the hard work.

beach hammock smiley.gif

Thank you again to @Trilt for creating another memorable and fun WW game!

Reactions: 8 users
After reading everything - and watching those three diabolical videos:

I am never taking my cat to a veterinary hospital that employs any of YOU homicidal wolves or @cdoconn!!!

Just kidding. ;)
Hey now! I'll be a good veterinarian, provides that a certain Schnauzer with diabetes (@WildZoo ) stays out of my practice!

Reactions: 5 users
I need to actually play the next WW game so I can spend the whole game tearing my hair out because I'm an idiot who doesn't know what's going on instead of spending the whole game tearing my hair out because I'm an idiot who knows exactly what's going on.

Reactions: 7 users
I need to actually play the next WW game so I can spend the whole game tearing my hair out because I'm an idiot who doesn't know what's going on instead of spending the whole game tearing my hair out because I'm an idiot who knows exactly what's going on.
^basically me

Reactions: 4 users
I think I'm retiring for a bit on a win. Cause really, I suck. But I might help with a couple of games in development...

sometimes I don't play the smartest

Cause really, I suck.

The Bitter Angry Villagers Club of America (BAVCA) thanks you for your quote donation to our Wolf Shaming fund. We appreciate your support of our mission to heal the wounds of maligned villagers everywhere.

Please keep a copy of this receipt for tax purposes. BAVCA is a 501-c3 organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I think I'm retiring for a bit on a win. Cause really, I suck. But I might help with a couple of games in development...
Team MadZoo finally makes the transition from playing to modding ;) hey send me that BioShock spreadsheet...

The Bitter Angry Villagers Club of America (BAVCA) thanks you for your quote donation to their shaming fund. We appreciate your support of our mission to heal the wounds of maligned villagers everywhere. Please keep this receipt for tax purposes.
The shame tax

The Bitter Angry Villagers Club of America (BAVCA) thanks you for your quote donation to their shaming fund. We appreciate your support of our mission to heal the wounds of maligned villagers everywhere. Please keep this receipt for tax purposes.
Unless it's just a post-game play to make you feel even worse for losing, because you lost to someone that admittedly sucks :thinking:

Nah, I'm not that evil.

Or am I...

Who was n00b? SP?

Yeah, SP played a good game as far as under-the-radar style goes. Doesn't deserve to be called a n00b.

Oh???????
Honestly I totally was super busy the entire time and that's why I was so under the radar haha (that wasn't me making up fake wolf excuses at all). This game took a lot more time than I thought it would so every time someone called me out it was super stressful because I usually didn't have time to read through and catch up and make helpful statements.

I was very stressed out the entire game. @WildZoo can probably vouch for this. Was also very confused very, very frequently. Glad I'm passable as something other than a noob.

So I was talking to Trilt a little bit ago, and she told me a really interesting "hint" she left about STL's conversion that nobody caught (or that wolves caught and didn't tell the thread haha).

So someone broke @SummerTheLynx 's leg/ underwent trauma and apparently if you knew that, you could read that in the CBC/Chem panel through the high CPK level! So the more you know apparently!

q9mN6oD.png

So I was talking to Trilt a little bit ago, and she told me a really interesting "hint" she left about STL's conversion that nobody caught (or that wolves caught and didn't tell the thread haha).

So someone broke @SummerTheLynx 's leg/ underwent trauma and apparently if you knew that, you could read that in the CBC/Chem panel through the high CPK level! So the more you know apparently!

View attachment 216394

Meh CK can elevate from blood draw, restraint, trembling muscles, cardiac disease, GI disease. It is hardly specific.

Did some extensive searching after I had a CK of >10,000 in a patient.

Meh CK can elevate from blood draw, restraint, trembling muscles, cardiac disease, GI disease. It is hardly specific.

Did some extensive searching after I had a CK of >10,000 in a patient.
We discussed that on rabbit (actually, I made Jayna discuss it). :p I wanted there to be a hint but not something that'd whap ya over the head.

We discussed that on rabbit (actually, I made Jayna discuss it). :p I wanted there to be a hint but not something that'd whap ya over the head.

Yeah had a patient recently whose owner did bw every year.... CK always in the 800's.... then suddenly this year to greater than 10,000 + changes consistent with CKD. So, really, that CK just made me think STL was an angry, uncooperative cat for his blood draw so he needed extra restraint. Not really much a hint, since could easily be explained otherwise.

Wasn't trying to make cdo an unkillable possible affiliation seer and I in no way thought people would actually assume conversion based on that. Just something I threw in to amuse myself and mentioned it to egg.

I get some fantastically elevated CKs in my exotic blood draws, even sometimes for fairly chill buns or ferrets.

I like AST + CK best for indication of muscle damage since CK alone is somewhat less specific. You definitely see things like ALP rise because of trauma too though.

Wasn't trying to make cdo an unkillable possible affiliation seer and I in no way thought people would actually assume conversion based on that. Just something I threw in to amuse myself and mentioned it to egg.

I get some fantastically elevated CKs in my exotic blood draws, even sometimes for fairly chill buns or ferrets.

Oh, I know you weren't, but wanted to mention that there are many reasons for the raised CK that even in context of what we knew in the game, could easily have explained its elevation.