WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg I can't believe these games are still going on. I haven't been here in forever (although I do recognize a few people - hi, if anyone remembers me!). Things in life are finally changing, so I might need to drop by more often - and maybe sneak into a game or two!

Hiiiii I!

You should definitely play again.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Omg I can't believe these games are still going on. I haven't been here in forever (although I do recognize a few people - hi, if anyone remembers me!). Things in life are finally changing, so I might need to drop by more often - and maybe sneak into a game or two!

dtbty.gif

nohika!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys!!! This be my wolf mentor extraordinaire!!!

X1DzG.gif

Reactions: 11 users
I trusted you yesterday?????

:rofl:
I wouldn't say she really trusted you yesterday...she said multiple times that she thought you were both sketch
Let me rephrase that... she didn't lynch me yesterday. Which is. Something. Maybe.

It's something, guys. Let me pretend that someday DVMD and I can sing kumbaya together.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
She's the original "always a wolf".

Hi DVM! Omg I still remember that. Took me out early in so many games... Definitely gonna play again!!

Hi lupin!! I'm so glad to see you're doing well. :D

So anybody have any other thoughts? Assuming sporty is a wolf, then we have 2 more? 1 original and a convert?
Maybe Dubz? I know there's been some confusion around her. Additionally, if we're looking for a conversion I'm thinking it would be someone who was cleared early in the game, so I'm inclined to think maybe Pippy or STL- I'm gonna have to look more into it though.

WZ, still don't trust cdo
This is my list, too.

WZ had the tide-turning vote for Coop on D1, for which I had given her major village credit despite some very early feelz.

But -- it was day 1, Coop was already giving off weird wolfy vibes...it could easily have been a perfectly timed bus.

Really bummed that we used the credit card on AM, this morning. :/

For education purposes, she's gonna still share the information, but AM is dead and I couldn't get card back. :(
(Very interested to see how well a diet trial goes on a dead dog)

So, care to post the info?

So, care to post the info?
I don't have it yet. I got this message from Trilt yesterday morning.
Annndddd she's dead. Do you want results anyway just for learning sake? I can likely get everything together during lunch or after work. Shockingly I don't have all these things just hanging around. :p
I told her I was still interested for educational purposes, and she could take her time since it didn't serve a purpose game play wise since she's already dead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, @cdoconn -- can't you submit something additional for today? We're down to low enough numbers where I'd like to see if people really fit into the medical categories they are claiming to fit into (particularly if LoTF is being truthful and the wolves are split across medical conditions, although nothing rules out conversions, I guess).

SP and WZ are the only 2 that are left that are claiming some sort of metabolic/endocrine issue, if I am remembering right...?

I'd personally like to start with full bloodwork/urinalysis or a glucose curve on WZ. (@DVMDream - thoughts?)

Also, @cdoconn -- can't you submit something additional for today? We're down to low enough numbers where I'd like to see if people really fit into the medical categories they are claiming to fit into (particularly if LoTF is being truthful and the wolves are split across medical conditions, although nothing rules out conversions, I guess).

SP and WZ are the only 2 that are left that are claiming some sort of metabolic/endocrine issue, if I am remembering right...?

I'd personally like to start with full bloodwork/urinalysis or a glucose curve on WZ. (@DVMDream - thoughts?)
I can do a regular diagnostic test today, but just the regular single test. Lemme go check what DVMD recommend for confirmation

The clinic was quite today.

Too quiet.

All the techs and doctors kept looking at the clock, wondering if anything was going to come in. They rounded on the inpatients, and found everyone remarkably stable... especially considering the recent plethora of deaths. Boring, really.

Your lynch has failed - apparently the target hid out in isolation? - and nobody has died.

It is now Night 8, and there are 9 patients in the hospital. Night close will be 6AM EST tomorrow morning, or when I have all actions.

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

landscaped

Crunchy Stuff
topping cheap sushi

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
2. @mmmdreamerz
13. @SummerTheLynx

UGH.

18. @SportPonies

Slice 'n' Dice
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease
17. @LyraGardenia - DLH with Acute Kidney Failure
6. @PrincessButterCup - DSH kitten with rabies
19. @Caiter92 - Rottie with Hemangiosarcoma
4. @serher - DSH with Hyperthyroidism
16. @Mad Jack - Infection (GSD with Brucellosis)
20. @nyanko - Obese Amazon Parrot
1. @hazelmoo - Corgi mix with Prostate Cancer
22. @Great Butts - Lionhead with GI Stasis
8. @Animal Midwife - Frenchie with Atopic Dermatitis

Well, I guess that explains why they were so quick to have SP take the fall for that one.

*********Contingency lynch SportPonies*********

...again.

4 originals and a convert, I'm not really seeing an alpha being a thing in this game. I'm surprised there was a wolf with a lynch avoidance at all, with the fact that they had two blockers and still have some multikill ability...

When the veterinarian pulled into the parking lot in the morning and saw a small trail of blackened smoke whisping through a cracked and shattered window in ICU, she couldn't do anything but cringe and sigh.

She should have known yesterday was quiet. Too quiet.

She walked around to the back door, and opening the door let out a bellow of dark, disgusting smoke. She was shocked the fire alarm wasn't sounding; perhaps the assault earlier in the week had disabled or broken it.

She knew the reasonable thing to do would be to call and wait for the fire department to show up, but it didn't look too horrible in there, and there were patients inside...

She flicked her phone flashlight on and stepped into the smoke. It was only a few steps before she stopped abruptly... a black cat had strolled up to her in the darkness. It looked shockingly like the one she'd euthanized earlier this week:

Well, that wasn't a good omen at all. She turned the corner into ICU, and could see two twisted and blackened and twisted cages... still smoldering and smoking a little.
Dead is @LadyOtheFarm, an English Bulldog with Brachycephalic Syndrome who could ask the mod a general game design question every night.
Dead is @mmmdreamerz, the poor old DMH with Stomatitis who could grit through the pain in her teeth and kill twice a game.
The vet felt/heard another shape behind her, and she slowly turned. A small schnauzer, quite weak on her feet, was staring up at her:

And then it was only seconds later than a skinny shape rubbed between her feet. She caught a quick glimpse of tortie patterning:

Dead is @PippyPony, a Border Collie puppy with Parvo who could avoid one lynch attempt during the game.
And with the hospital overwhelmed, the others followed:
Dead is @DVMDream, a Pit with Demodex who could avoid most night actions.
Dead is @Jilary, a Greyhound with Osteosarcoma whose vote counted double in lynch tallies.​

And with that, the vet skittered out of the clinic, finally convinced that the fire department was the way to go. What the hell had gone on during the last week? Did we think the clinic needed an exorcism, or what?

So, yes:

WOLVES HAVE WON!
(and technically @cdoconn, as a NEUTRAL veggterinarian).

A family portrait:

scan0001_by_waytogozippo-db2oecj.jpg

- Drawn by Sporty

Final roster to follow, and thoughts after I'm home from work.

Reactions: 8 users
Mods:
@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

landscaped

Crunchy Stuff
topping cheap sushi

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary - Greyhound with Osteosarcoma
12. @DVMDream - Pitbull with Demodex

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo - Medical Mistakes (Schnauzer with diabetes)
13. @SummerTheLynx - Trauma (Convert - DSH with CKD)

UGH.

18. @SportPonies - Disease (Labrador with Addison's)

Slice 'n' Dice
23. @cdoconn - Veterinarian

NPC: @Teepster87 - The Clinic Cat

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease
17. @LyraGardenia - DLH with Acute Kidney Failure
6. @PrincessButterCup - DSH kitten with rabies
19. @Caiter92 - Rottie with Hemangiosarcoma
4. @serher - DSH with Hyperthyroidism
16. @Mad Jack - Infection (GSD with Brucellosis)
20. @nyanko - Obese Amazon Parrot
1. @hazelmoo - Corgi mix with Prostate Cancer
22. @Great Butts - Lionhead with GI Stasis
8. @Animal Midwife - Frenchie with Atopic Dermatitis
2. @mmmdreamerz - DMH with Stomatitis
24. @LadyOtheFarm - English Bulldog with Brachycephalic Syndrome
15. @PippyPony - Border Collie with Parvo

Last edited:
Oh @PippyPony

I just can't even.

Remember all those conversations we had about not trusting STL? Yeah next time we lynch him FIRST.:oops::eek::mad:

Using my role to save Pippy was a beautiful wolf move @SummerTheLynx

Oh @PippyPony

I just can't even.

Remember all those conversations we had about not trusting STL? Yeah next time we lynch him FIRST.:oops::eek::mad:

Using my role to save Pippy was a beautiful wolf move @SummerTheLynx
If you had lynched him before night 5 you would have been wrong. That was when we converted him :)

Good play wolves and thanks for the game mods. Also great drawing @SportPonies

@WildZoo I'm not happy with you.
I know you're mean to those you love but I wish you would show love to your manatee by not orchestrating my death. I didn't have any exams or surgeries to worry about so was excited to play and you have me killed N1 :mad:

Worked out well for you though. You taught me your wolf secrets too well :p. You jumped to the top of my wolf list and I was tracking you that night (although I know your action that night was to sit there and look pretty)

Reactions: 3 users
If you had lynched him before night 5 you would have been wrong. That was when we converted him :)

I actually just thought of that...I bet he was the convert. Smart move!

Good play wolves and thanks for the game mods. Also great drawing @SportPonies

@WildZoo I'm not happy with you.
I know you're mean to those you love but I wish you would show love to your manatee by not orchestrating my death. I didn't have any exams or surgeries to worry about so was excited to play and you have me killed N1 :mad:

Worked out well for you though. You taught me your wolf secrets too well :p. You jumped to the top of my wolf list and I was tracking you that night (although I know your action that night was to sit there and look pretty)
I felt bad about it the whole time <3 I didn't even really think about you knowing all my wolfing "secrets" (I feel like I've talked about those kinds of things with enough people by now, it doesn't matter...if I'm caught it just means I'm not doing a good enough job), you were just a good choice as the first person on the coop lynch in the final tally, and therefore probably the most soft cleared player of the day. The fact that you were a tracker was just a bit of luck!

:whistle: I actually can't remember if I ever directly said that on the thread. I was the only wolf without a benign portion to my ability so it was really my only option.

STL had me panicking day 1 basically :yeahright:
You may not have said it but STL's pm quote vomit did. Was that to bury CDO pointing out the STL, MJ, Dubz partnership that had been brought up earlier in the game?

So when is the next game? I only have a couple midterms in the next few weeks and finals don't start until mid-April (no killing me N1 this time Dubz).
Or are we next @PrincessButterCup, @guisantes, @Coopah, and @SARdoghandler?

Reactions: 1 users
@SummerTheLynx @WildZoo

So. I comes back from the dead as zombie dog and I keeels u now. Mmmk?

I KNEW WE WERE GETTING TRAPPED, you sneaky sneeeaky lupines.

But that was pretty well played. Also, good (?) drawing of me, STL :rofl:Don't quit your day job.

(and legitimately good drawing of all of you, @SportPonies !)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You may not have said it but STL's pm quote vomit did. Was that to bury CDO pointing out the STL, MJ, Dubz partnership that had been brought up earlier in the game?
Oh yes I definitely lied to him a lot before we converted him haha and really I...don't know what the quote vomit was about but I guess it worked for a little bit at least? :p

:whistle: I actually can't remember if I ever directly said that on the thread. I was the only wolf without a benign portion to my ability so it was really my only option.

STL had me panicking day 1 basically :yeahright:
Oooh so this WAS a thing?

@SportPonies what were your combo abilities?

(P.S. @Trilt I really liked the ability duality -- very snazzy)